AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 10: Mid-Ohio | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 10: Mid-Ohio

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
If i was in america i could screw iracing for demolishing my race :D

Q: p11 had three decent laps building up the pace...unfotunately a couple of thousands short for p8...

R: had a good run off the line and jumped @Synergi and then @Patrick Kessler got it all wrong under braking for the hairpin...so i was in p9 allready...with a small gap behind....eventually i lost track of @x Shuffle his gearbox...since i couldnt get turn 1 right i decided after a couple of laps to let my teammate @Tye pass since he was faster...after a couple of laps i got @Synergi in my gearbox i made a mistake and he passed me...now @xII robo IIx was behind me...had a good battle unfortunately got hit while my engineer said clear...touched the barrier with my rear wing not very hard impact but my car was just a tiny weird but nothing major could still do good enough laptimes....then i got into some sort of battle with @FisiFan91 but he made a mistake and i could build up a gap again....but then when i pitted iracing decided to change my rearwing so my pitstop took 38 seconds...race over....
Better luck next week i guess...

Race start around 1 hour 23 i guess..

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Not the most interesting race from my POV tbh, but 12th is the highest I've finished since Zolder I think, so I'll take it.

And, it's been coming for a while, but massive congrats to @lokitekki for officially securing the Championship!

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Teams standings:

1. Aperture Motorsport
2. Evo Sonic
3. Jouni Silvasti.

Wtf @lokitekki

And, for my race:

Qualifying was disappointing, but could have been far worse.

Race was pretty straight forward if not a little bit hairy at the end. Good start to move to 4th on lap 1, and then a nice move on @Mitti87 at T1 on lap 2 got me in 3rd. The rest of the race up to the pit stop was all about having a lap time battle with @Kptk92 which was pretty great. I then had a mare in the pit stop where for some reason I had unchecked the fuel and sat there for 3 or 4 seconds wondering why nothing was happening. I then realised, checked it, got fuelled and then 10 laps from the end realised I would be close to being short on fuel so the last 6 laps were heavy fuel saving, and just about spluttered across the line to take 4th, which I'm happy with.

Onto Sebring, which is a great circuit.

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
That might have been my best race in this League so far.

Saw Jouni on track this week and every time he was a lot faster so was a bit surprised to be on the same quali pace in practice.
Q couldn't have gone better and it's been a while since I last was on pole.

Race was amazing. Car instantly felt good and was able to create a gap pretty early on. Jouni did have more fuel on board so that might have been the difference. First stint was definitely the most consistent so have ever driven this car. 2nd stint was hot lapping and you know what, after 40 laps or so I actually think my tires were on 99% instead of 100. This tire model rocks! /s

Anyway, really happy with the win. Congrats @Kptk92 with 3rd and @lokitekki congrats with 2nd and the championship!

Minimariner

AOR iRacing Statman
Premium Member
May 18, 2016
Lap Leader Stats
This Race: Nijenhuis - 28, Silvasti - 12, Knowlden - 4
This Season: Silvasti - 175, Reid - 45, Knowlden - 44, Nijenhuis - 43, Koch - 30, Mittner - 17, Osterkamp - 8, Godin - 2
Total Laps: 364

Records Update
Knut Martinsen now ties with Steve Kagerer for Consecutive Race Finishes at 25!
Gunar Nijenhuis ties with Justin Brunner for 3rd place for Fastest Laps at 10!
Gunar also ties with Jean-Francois Godin for 3rd place for Number of Wins at 10!

---

Congrats @lokitekki on the championship!

Last edited:

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Nice 2 thoroughbred (horses) in a row, loving ma internet right now

Mitti87

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2014
Here is a video where you can see me driving a car with a lawn mower engine in the first two laps + me getting under pressure from my team mate -then i had a nice 3 second gap but decided to spin and had to fight again for the whole race :banghead:

lokitekki

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 3 Champion
Aug 13, 2016
I was thinking in the first lap that it is better to take it easy but i did not expect to be that slow. But i think Gunar would of still won even if i stayed closer.

Thanks guys, but i don't care much about winning this championship, because there was too easy races and i was only one to do all the races, but maybe next year i need to work harder for it.

• Funny
Reactions: Gunar Nijenhuis

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Pretty much hit my maximum with 3rd which I'm pleased with. Tyres didn't really feel switched on throughout though, the normal pressures didn't really feel like they worked in late afternoon weather. Something to tinker with in the remaining 2 races then.

Congratz to @Gunar Nijenhuis who was simply too good, and @lokitekki on the Championship!

lokitekki

Aug 13, 2016
I just remembered a weird thing from this race, i did not seem to have a rev limiter in the start.
It did not sound like overrevving, but it was smooth and not bouncing like normal.
Has anyone else have the same thing or wtf was that? :D

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
I just remembered a weird thing from this race, i did not seem to have a rev limiter in the start.
It did not sound like overrevving, but it was smooth and not bouncing like normal.
Has anyone else have the same thing or wtf was that? :D
Hm no I didn't notice anything different. Also all stream guys starts seemed normal.
Maybe it was just your F1 engine ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Lorrentz

lokitekki

Aug 13, 2016
It did also feel like i got a little better launch than usual, but it was probably just a sound bug and not my powerhax :D

• Funny

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Thanks guys, but i don't care much about winning this championship, because there was too easy races and i was only one to do all the races, but maybe next year i need to work harder for it.
You wouldn't happen to be related to a certain Mr K. Raikkonen by any chance?:smuggrin:

For what its worth though congrats on your championship @lokitekki.(y)

Lastly now looking forward to seeing how the team championship plays out over the last 2 races it should be close.

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
Was well happy to be back at mid ohio, think it was my 2nd race with aor here i had a great battle with fisi and wasnt too far off the pace so good memories.

Qualied 12th pretty average laps but was good enough. my one and only overtake happened at turn 2 round the outside ( sort of) with Kristian then Patrick when he spun. Couldn't get past Laurens for a few laps then he let me sadly a little to late to catch any slipstream from Jordan. After that was just hitting as much fast laps as i could to keep Kristian and Rene behind but i half spun at turn 2 so had to settle for 10th.

Pretty boring race action wise but i could do with the points. See you all at Sebring.