AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S4 - Round 10: Montreal | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S4 - Round 10: Montreal

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
No worries mate. Saw you came in hot and backed off just enough to go "around" you. As in, I hit you ****ing hard:hilarious:
I have absolutely no idea how it's possible that a curb on Zolder gives more damage than this collision did :p
The lap after the incident I definitely felt damage but looking at my front wing I didn't see anything. On stream my damage also disappeared after a lap or so. Very weird.
Too bad about your race though, was looking forward to battle you.
Next time I'll be better than a glorified speed bump :happy: glad it didn't hurt too much.

Reactions: Gunar Nijenhuis

frejo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 16, 2015
Sorry for losing it infront of you in the sprint @Gunar Nijenhuis. Missed my braking point and took way too much kerb. On my screen your car hurdled mine like a champion and ran off while i was spit to the losers circle on the inside didnt look so bad on the stream.

Also @frejo did we make contact in the sprint? We were pretty close and i saw you get a bit loose but i never felt anything and there was no contact prompts? If there was my apologies, for what its worth that was some fun racing.
Yes, there was contact in my sim. But I think we would have been OK if it wasn't for netcode. I could not see our cars touch on my replay but I got incident points and some help when smashing in the wall. Sorry if I sounded grumpy on the voice chat, I felt that this was on you when I was in the sim, not as clear cut when watching the replay :)

@Synergi : Sorry for turning in on you in the final chicane. I really thought I was deeper into the corner and that you would have the room. I also didn't realize how much damage I had on my back wing.

@FisiFan91 : Thanks for sucking :D Provided some good racing for me in the feature. Lost some in the pit sequence when getting behind Luke, then I overdid it trying to catch up and never got the chance for a final attempt :)

Hoff

FR2.0 S4 Pre-Season Sprint Race Winner
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2014
@frejo, I wanted to explain my aggression was because I needed to try and get out of at least ahead of @Lorrentz and possibly ahead of Adam in the pit stop phase though Adam was about a tenth a lap quicker generally. I was hoping he would get some traffic.

As it worked out I think Laurens needed some repair work and I could have left you and Fisi alone so my apologies.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
@frejo, I wanted to explain my aggression was because I needed to try and get out of at least ahead of @Lorrentz and possibly ahead of Adam in the pit stop phase though Adam was about a tenth a lap quicker generally. I was hoping he would get some traffic.

As it worked out I think Laurens needed some repair work and I could have left you and Fisi alone so my apologies.
I was trying the undercut and get rid out of The fight with you and Adam which would have worked but I was very sloppy in first laps after the stop and had some sort of spin....in The end I was pushing hard to catcher you I was closing in but then there was the wall of Champions (losers in my case) :D final two laps cruised it over The line with a limping car...good race from you m8 :)

Reactions: Hoff

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Big big sorry @Hoff
A real shame to see your sprint race go the way it did, your pace was super this week. I think if you qualified a little better you would have been a contender for 2nd in the feature race at the very least.

But you did bless yourself at the Wall of Champions (which I was grateful for), so that's a good omen for the future. Every silver lining... ;)

• Friendly
Reactions: Patrick Kessler

frejo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 16, 2015

No need to apologize, none at all. You are of course entitled to race us. I could potentially have defended harder but decided to lift a little to not risk anything. Or I could have blast through on your right side, going for the pit while you were braking for the corner. Could have been fun but I decided against ;) I was merely given one of the reasons I lost some in the pit sequence. Another reason is that I'm slow as f*ck right now.

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
Yes, there was contact in my sim. But I think we would have been OK if it wasn't for netcode. I could not see our cars touch on my replay but I got incident points and some help when smashing in the wall. Sorry if I sounded grumpy on the voice chat, I felt that this was on you when I was in the sim, not as clear cut when watching the replay :)
Aw really sorry man i tried staying as tight as i could :( don't worry about it if you need to rage on the mic rage on I've got everything turned off anyway :D

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Thanks @Lorrentz, I'm finally starting to get a bit quicker.
Yeah... annoyingly. There was a time (start of the season), where I thought you'd be my rival for the season.

That idea went out the window pretty quickly. Mainly because I haven't seen you on track since pre-season.

Now I fight Robert Plumley.

• Optimistic
  • Friendly
Reactions: Hoff and Erti147

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Aw really sorry man i tried staying as tight as i could :( don't worry about it if you need to rage on the mic rage on I've got everything turned off anyway :D
He only raged on Teamspeak and gave me a bloody fright.............

• Funny
Reactions: Tye

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
I think only @Richtofen saw it during the race, but part way through the feature I decided to practice my Formula Drift skills in the Formula Renault cause I had nothing better to do while 3 laps down <:

• Agree
Reactions: Richtofen and Hoff

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
I think only @Richtofen saw it during the race, but part way through the feature I decided to practice my Formula Drift skills in the Formula Renault cause I had nothing better to do while 3 laps down <:

You should try dirt rally :D #skillz

Patrick Kessler

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 10 Champion
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2016
A real shame to see your sprint race go the way it did, your pace was super this week. I think if you qualified a little better you would have been a contender for 2nd in the feature race at the very least.

But you did bless yourself at the Wall of Champions (which I was grateful for), so that's a good omen for the future. Every silver lining... ;)
Absolutely correct Kerry.
I was really fast all week and I think I was too over-motivated for the race.
I am not yet experienced as you and I must learn calm and serenity.
I thank you for the fair and hot fights I had a few rounds with you.

Greetings from the wall of champions ;)
Patrick

Steve Kagerer

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 4, 2015
Your daily cat video. She's deaf and looks pathetic here but don't feel bad for her she's actually pretty cool and is a bit of a handful sometimes.

• Funny
Reactions: Hoff and Erti147