AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S4 - Round 11: Motegi | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S4 - Round 11: Motegi

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Ok, it's a iRacing-wide problem then by the looks of it... :(

Not much we can really do for now apart from wait and hope they fix it within a reasonable time frame for the race to go ahead...

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Ok it seems to be working now - try again lads!

HardDrop

Pro Karter
Dec 17, 2016
Oh good... so it wasn't just me. I recently installed new video card drivers, then got that EAC warning. I ended up doing the fastest driver re-installation of all time. :D

• Funny
Reactions: Hoff

Dylan Hember

Pro Karter
Jul 26, 2014
Missed opportunity for me, had my best quali this season of 12th. But got caught up in the lap 3 incident, by a car coming back on track.

Had to finish the race with broken suspension

Tekesh

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 5 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 11, 2015
@Dylan Hember Your where blinking and lagging like crazy, your car was all over the place and it made it pretty much impossible to pass, I think I was inside your car 3 times or so where I had to brake to not risk a collision...

Last edited:

Minimariner

AOR iRacing Statman
Premium Member
May 18, 2016
Lap Leader Stats
Feature Race: Kweekel - 21, Silvasti - 10
Sprint Race: Kweekel - 11, Osterkamp - 5, Heerts - 4
Season Top 5: Kweekel - 174, Silvasti - 94, Nijenhuis - 49, Preto - 38, Osterkamp - 18
Total Laps: 505 Godin - 17, Heuer - 16, Holstein - 16, Kessler - 15, Macleod - 14, Cowey - 12, White - 12, Plumley - 9, Tierney - 8, Chambers - 4, Heerts - 4, Koch - 3, Martinsen - 2
Notes
- @Jarnoh joins the list of drivers who have led a lap.
- The last 4 sprint races have seen a brand new lap leader.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Oh well, moving from my favourite track to a track that I also enjoy and tend to do well at, albeit a different layout this time, with Motegi, which is where I think I have my best chance at a really strong performance, if not a race win which I will be really going for.
Well, that was easily the worst night all season. Started off the night not being able to get in (separate issue to everyone else). Didn't get in until about 15 minutes from the end or so. Felt completely off the pace and out of comfort zone.

Qualy: Awful

Race 1: Didn't happen really. Got caught up in a big incident (proving that the sprint races aren't the problem)

Race 2: Didn't happen really. Internet decided I couldn't have any fun and kicked me out.

Haha. :'(

STILL, Motegi is awesome.

Reactions: Lorrentz and Stevie

J-F Godin

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 1 Champion
Apr 28, 2015
Another wasted week for me...

First off I'm really sorry @Rin Hato for the contact in the sprint race. I got caught off guard by your move and early braking. I simply tought you would stay more on the inside and to top it off @camo got caught in it and went flying over my head. :eek:

I had some expectation for the sprint race but got an awful start then contact with Sara, then my teammate get involved and I was pretty much done...

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
A good night, a corner cut on lap 2 in the sprint spoiled what could have been a better result than 6th, but the fightback was good under the circumstances.

Looking forward to ending the season on a good note next week. Strange to think I didn't start the season but tonight I really enjoyed the car and am feeling satisfied with my driving in recent weeks.

Jarnoh

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 13, 2015
Mixed feelings on tonights race, spun 2 times in the feature race so a way better finish than 15th was definetly possible. On the other hand, it got me on pole for the sprint and managed to hold on 1st position for 5 laps. Starting on pole for the first time made me pretty nervous so that didnt really help with my lap times.

Still, i decided not too battle too hard with the fast guys behind me as that would have cost me time and that could have resulted in a finish outside the top 10. Last lap, Yannick came off track and i decided to get on his rear wing, with a feeling in my stomach that Evan would pass me, and he did. Good move from him.

All in all, pretty satisfied with this week seen the top 10 finish in the sprint and having a great time starting from pole.

Reactions: Janick Nijenhuis

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
First off I'm really sorry @Rin Hato for the contact in the sprint race. I got caught off guard by your move and early braking. I simply tought you would stay more on the inside and to top it off @camo got caught in it and went flying over my head. :eek:

I had some expectation for the sprint race but got an awful start then contact with Sara, then my teammate get involved and I was pretty much done...
Thanks for the apology, I get where you're coming from. Didn't realize I had come across in front of you. I posted a stewards thread but I don't hold any bad blood or anything, it's just a really silly thing that ruined both our races that I guess the stewards should take a look at and see what they think on whether race incident or collision or whatnot.

I am a bit upset about it, but no worries, it's in the past now.

Richtofen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 22, 2016
I had a pretty decent Feature race tonight, running in 10th for much of the race. Lost that position in the pits due to a run of mistakes and slow laps, so came home in 12th, but @Rin Hato kept it on the road in the top 10 so overall we came away with a good haul of points (I think).

Disappointed with the sprint, as I had another top 10 start with the pace to keep it there, but contact with I think Janick in t2 put me off balance through 3/4 and I ended up off track and down the field. Overall though I had a lot of fun and a close finish with @Robert Plumley

This will be my last race of the season as I have some midterms to focus on in the coming week or two, but I look forward to a full calendar of racing next season with AOR!

Edit: tags not working
Edit: k never mind

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
On a track which really suits me being a top 5/20 driver on the official leaderboard for 2 seasons on this track I was really looking forward to this race....

Q: wasted my first lap and put in a very awkward 2nd banker lap which still put me in 5th on the grid which was my best qualy to date so I was pretty happy with the result not the lap...

R1 feature: got a good run from the line and made the switchback to the inside since @Synergi squeezed me all the way to the outside at first...but had a good braking into t1 taking 3rd place...then I had a good run towards jouni and jeroen towards turn 6 but the exit got a bit compromised there but still I had some sort of run on jouni but I was just a tiny bit too far to place my car alongside him in that corner so I backed out....unfortunately I didn't defend the inside after that left/right hander so @Kez could make an easy move there....and then the laps after I had @Synergi all over my butt...I had to let him go but unfortunately Richard Arnaud was there also...so they got me both...then towards the left/right hander richard took it to deep and hit kristian on his wheel...for a second I thought I was alive around the outside of kristian but his car just spun into my car at the final second which took me out....after that car was **** made a pitstop and the next lap Mark Forte had spun and he ran into me...was on 13x already then with all those crashes and my fw got bend again so decided to quit...

R2 sprint: just followed gunar his lead towards the top of the field...then when we ran into vittorio his back I was on the inside behind vittorio but gunar didn't saw I was there so he just turned into the apex where my car was...race over :(

@Tye please make a new livery with different colours #soon cuz this Red car is working like a red napkin on a bull...#crashmagnet also put a lot of DO NOT HIT ME banners everywhere :D:D

congratz to all the winners podiums finishers etc :) luckily next week wraps up this season I need a break :D

cheerio

Reactions: Tye