AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S4 - Round 3: Okayama | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S4 - Round 3: Okayama

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
And it is on the left, for those who were wondering. Anybody who thinks otherwise has gone down in my rankings of how much I like you.

You are not Yoda.
To fair I was not that high of a rank in your eyes anyway.

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
TYE, I let you by as soon as you were behind me as I always do with lead lap cars. I knew the guy behind me was holding you up but what am I supposed to do let him pass me so he stops blocking you?
Just had time to watch the replay. Seemed like an eternity at the time but it all happened over the space of 1 lap. Your right that you shouldn't have to give up a position to someone who is blocking the leaders but the leaders also shouldn't have to put up with blocking especially when the backmarkers had literally nothing to gain from it and its in the closing laps.

I was well within 0.5 of you guys at the hairpin at the end of the back straight and then didn't get past until the same corner next lap after jean had passed me while you 2 were battling. Aye Ryan was more at fault than you were but if youd let him past you wouldn't have been any worse off than you already were since yous were already lapped and out of the points. That wouldve allowed me and jfg to get past him quicker then maybe allowing you another shot at him. By staying in front and fighting him you made yourself a part of the blocking.

I'm not wanting to make a huge deal out of this i just wanted the mistakes to be acknowledged, I understand being lapped while fighting for a position isnt nice or easy ive been there too but out of the 4 cars involved you and ryan lost/gained nothing Jean gained and i lost so naturally my brain tells me to bitch a bit.

• Agree
Reactions: J-F Godin

The Genius

Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
Happy New Year everybody! Thanks for being an awesome community, happy to be a part of it (even though I don't race)! <3
Looking forward to being a spectator for another year ;)
But you are certainly a part of this place anyway. Happy New Year to you too!:)

Reactions: Tye and Minimariner

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
After our good team relationship with Infinity I can gladly announce that I've signed a contract with the RBR team for 2017...so now I cannot afford to make any more mistakes :D

@Dan Hawkins Dan the Tan fix the media :p when I try to rotate the 3rd image I get this error
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 157286400 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 11952 bytes) in /home/arlrebor/public_html/community/library/XenGallery/Helper/Image.php on line 813

:p

Happy new year guys!!! :D

The Genius

Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
After our good team relationship with Infinity I can gladly announce that I've signed a contract with the RBR team for 2017...so now I cannot afford to make any more mistakes :D

@Dan Hawkins Dan the Tan fix the media :p when I try to rotate the 3rd image I get this error
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 157286400 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 11952 bytes) in /home/arlrebor/public_html/community/library/XenGallery/Helper/Image.php on line 813

Well now you will crash something more expensive.;)

UrBaNz Octane x

AOR iRacing Formula Renault 2.0 S7 Champion
Jul 27, 2015

Now you have to win every race for the rest of the season :smuggrin:

• Agree
Reactions: The Genius

The Genius

Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
and still finish ahead of you :D
That is because when you overtake me you jump on top me and in most countries that is rape. But in your liberal country it might be something else but oh well.;)

Steve Kagerer

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 4, 2015
Just had time to watch the replay. Seemed like an eternity at the time but it all happened over the space of 1 lap. Your right that you shouldn't have to give up a position to someone who is blocking the leaders but the leaders also shouldn't have to put up with blocking especially when the backmarkers had literally nothing to gain from it and its in the closing laps.

I was well within 0.5 of you guys at the hairpin at the end of the back straight and then didn't get past until the same corner next lap after jean had passed me while you 2 were battling. Aye Ryan was more at fault than you were but if youd let him past you wouldn't have been any worse off than you already were since yous were already lapped and out of the points. That wouldve allowed me and jfg to get past him quicker then maybe allowing you another shot at him. By staying in front and fighting him you made yourself a part of the blocking.

I'm not wanting to make a huge deal out of this i just wanted the mistakes to be acknowledged, I understand being lapped while fighting for a position isnt nice or easy ive been there too but out of the 4 cars involved you and ryan lost/gained nothing Jean gained and i lost so naturally my brain tells me to bitch a bit.
I felt that Ryan was trying to use you(the lead cars) to pass me, in a reversed "pick" move, and I was not going to let that happen, as far as being in the points or not I was there to race for position regardless. In hindsight if it ever happens again I would move over and just go for the pass after you guys were safely through, if I was a lead lap car I would expect to not be slowed down by lapped cars. This will not happen again because I will not get lapped again.:rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: Tye and Stevie

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
I felt that Ryan was trying to use you(the lead cars) to pass me, in a reversed "pick" move, and I was not going to let that happen, as far as being in the points or not I was there to race for position regardless. In hindsight if it ever happens again I would move over and just go for the pass after you guys were safely through, if I was a lead lap car I would expect to not be slowed down by lapped cars. This will not happen again because I will not get lapped again.:rolleyes:
Yeah your definitely right in that he was trying to use us to get past you, in all honesty I wouldve been reluctant to let him pull that off if that was me. After sitting on it for a day i realise i "might" have been a bit of a moany wee bitch :D so apologies for that. If it happens again in the future we can come up with some sort of plan where i can run the cheeky one wide and let you get the spot back :cigar:

• Friendly
Reactions: Steve Kagerer