AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S4 - Round 4: Brands Hatch | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S4 - Round 4: Brands Hatch

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
I know I'm not a steward or anything but after watching it back to me it seems there's two incidents here.

The racing incident between Chris and Phil, where there isn't really any blame, and then the ensuing carnage of everyone behind flying in like a demo derby. I know first hand that the drivers right behind dont have much luck in incidents like these, but so many cars just piled in afterward. It being on a crest after a corner didn't help much either.

Spectacular.

J-F Godin

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 1 Champion
Apr 28, 2015
- JF hits Chris pretty hard and arguably this is the spark. Without seeing his telemetry or his onboard it's difficult to really understand what is going on in the cockpit - does he make an attempt to slow down and take appropriate evasive action? Has he got his foot down? However, if you see a car flying left and right violently in front of you can you really do much?
Apologies to everyone and sorry to @Ycoms I was looking at @McPhilen on the outside and never saw you losing control in front of me. I thought you were fine and I reacted late... :blackeye:
I already told how it happened from my view but maybe I was not clear enough...

I'm minding my own business and being cautious around the other cars then coming into T4 I see Chris and Phil had small contact then I see Phil go straight toward the outside and Chris looks fine on the inside. My eyes turns towards Phil on the outside because I'm scared he could hit the grass/curb or just loose the rear and could potentially spin into me. Then when I take my eyes back in front I see Chris going wildly left and right and I just can't avoid him. I think I was just unlucky to be the first one to get to Chris there because if I'm not the one hitting him he gets hit by someone else 100% and the big crash still happen...

J-F Godin

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 1 Champion
Apr 28, 2015
Suggestion: I might be wrong but I think the inverted grid included too much drivers(17)... Too much difference in pace... Maybe reduce it to top 10.

• Disagree
Reactions: The Genius

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Suggestion: I might be wrong but I think the inverted grid included too much drivers(17)... Too much difference in pace... Maybe reduce it to top 10.
considering it happened between two regular top 10 drivers (and most of the other incident also started by them including myself) I don't think that will be a solution....still think all the accidents are not necessary let's just wait and see what happens in brasil :)

• Agree
Reactions: The Genius

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Pace had nothing to do with it. It was Phil and Chris all alone, side by side. Phil's as fast as you like and experienced as can be and whilst Chris is new to this series, he's not slow.

Likewise it's got nothing to do with the reverse grid.

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
Pace had nothing to do with it. It was Phil and Chris all alone, side by side. Phil's as fast as you like and experienced as can be and whilst Chris is new to this series, he's not slow.

Likewise it's got nothing to do with the reverse grid.
To add to the resverse grid thing. The cars around are still on the same pace as you. For example a 5th place finish in the feature would still put 4th and 6th placed man or woman around you. You are still fighing the same drivers, just futher back than usual.