AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S4 - Round 5: Interlagos | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S4 - Round 5: Interlagos

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship Season 4
Round 5: Interlagos

Information:
Date:
13th January 2017
Time: 19:30 GMT Practice, 20:30 GMT Qualifying, approx 20:40 GMT Feature Race, approx 21:30 Sprint Warm Up, approx 21:40 Sprint Race

Remember to let us know in advance if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track:
Autódromo José Carlos Pace - Grand Prix
Time of Day: Morning
Weather: Wind Direction: NW, Wind Speed: 7mph, Air Temp: 73f, Humidity: 42%, Clear

Stats:
Track Stats:

- Interlagos is home to one of 3 races that have had 5 different leaders (Pro Mazda season 2).
- It is Fis' favourite track on iRacing (top stat work).

Random Stats of the Week:
- The top 22 closest winning margins were all set in the Pro Mazda. However, the top 5 largest winning margins were also all set in the Pro Mazda.
- A total of 3,417 laps have been turned since the start of the league. Currently, a total of 37 drivers have led at least one lap, with Kerry Knowlden having led the most at 701 laps (20.52% of all laps).
- The other two from the track stat are: Spa (Pro Mazda season 1) and Barber Motorsports Park (Pro Mazda season 2).

Standings:

Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

Last edited:

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Can't believe that it was the first time since he started that @Robert Plumley didn't make it to a race. Hope all was good mate.

Also, I think this race should be a good time to show that we (myself included) can go back to racing as clean as we used to. This is all very out of character for us, and I think it can easily be overcome. Annoyingly, it does always seem to be very tiny things each time. Just remember, we are in the morning again, which means there is a high chance for a cold track so just remember to take extra care.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this race. Interlagos is a great circuit, and one that I've been looking forward to getting back too for a while.

Last edited:

Hoff

FR2.0 S4 Pre-Season Sprint Race Winner
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2014
I would love to do well here.

Also, from now on I am going to leave my post race stuff for the day after unless I've had a great night.

Can't wait for Friday. I don't know what's happened recently to me as I always enjoyed racing here but this series this season has been so enjoyable so far.

Also, when is @Mitti87 going to rejoin and mix it up with the top guys again?

Jarnoh

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 13, 2015
This with sebring next week....tough weeks for me..not that fast on these two :( Saw Osterkamp lapping 1.29.6....onw to watch this friday.

Last edited:

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
This with sebring next week....though weeks for me..not that fast on these two :( Saw Osterkamp lapping 1.29.6....onw to watch this friday.
Yeah Osterkamp Jouni Gunar al in de 29.6 or even faster.....my PB is 29.9 but No way I can repeat that lap :D it's hard to nail a perfect lap here...

Jarnoh

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 13, 2015
Yeah Osterkamp Jouni Gunar al in de 29.6 or even faster.....my PB is 29.9 but No way I can repeat that lap :D it's hard to nail a perfect lap here...
Just did a 30.5 but im happy to get 30s in here...

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
Legendary track. So I should probably love it just for that reason. I loved this track in the SM, but in this car...I don't for some reason.

Also I really hope we have some clear/partly cloudy weather. Was just in an overcast session and if we get that for a race, it'll be terrible. Although the tyres seem to be fine by turn 5, turns 1 to 4 are absolutely horrible with cold tyres.

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: Mitti87 and Jarnoh

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
I recently did an IMSA race here in the Z4, and there was so much understeer on cold tyres, it felt awful. Then after getting better my tyres went and it felt awful again. I love GT cars but sometimes I just want some grip ;~;

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
h
Just for info. Since its my birthday tomorrow i won't be able to attend the practice session tommorow evening. I will be racing on friday ofcourse.
happy birthday :)

the thursday practise isnt obligatory to join so you dont have to report that you are unable to attend that one :) see ya on friday....dont drink too much :p

Reactions: Jarnoh

Mitti87

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2014