AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S4 - Round 5: Interlagos | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S4 - Round 5: Interlagos

Minimariner

AOR iRacing Statman
Premium Member
May 18, 2016
Lap Leader Stats
Feature Race: Kweekel - 24, Godin - 2, Nijenhuis - 1
Sprint Race: Kessler - 14, Plumley - 2
Season Top 5: Kweekel - 98, Silvasti - 30, Preto - 26, Nijenhuis - 23, Kessler - 15
Total Laps: 242
Macleod - 14, Cowey - 12, Godin - 10, Plumley - 9, Tierney - 3, Martinsen - 2
Records Update
Reid and Plumley have reached the 100th GP milestone (101 and 100 respectively),
Next to hit the century will be Robinson, Leister and Kagerer, currently at 96 each.
(maybe more to come if any appears)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lorrentz and Stevie

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
pretty much friday the 13th for me :D

Q: did a banker lap this time around which put me in 12th or so...wasnt too bad after all

R1 feature race: Was taking it nice slow and clean to keep the broadcast happy :) and then I was surprised by adam maguire :) he kinda divebombed when i started to turn so he hit my front right wheel...i think i got slight damage from that...after that i was just caught up in all kinda battles which is losing you a lot of time on this track...so not too bad...once the field was cleared a bit a was in 7th...but when I made my pitstop it took over 10 seconds...so I probably got damage after all...so I was back in the field and was caught up in some heavy battles again with the godfather so lost a lot of time there...got home in 16th just like last week...

R2 sprint race: was in 10th on the grid and had a good march up the field....finally overtook @Robert Plumley for 2nd...but made a minor mistake in t1 and he could overtake me again...when I caught him up again I had the unit in my gearbox :D so I was trying to make a swift pass...unfortunately robert didnt see me coming and we touched :( sorry robert I thought you would have seen me there....then jouni hit me also when i spun and i got major FW damage...so race over from there and finished in 13th :D so must be lucky friday the 13th today for me :D

luckily next week we are on a normal racetrack again :D

@Patrick Kessler nice victory m8!!!! well deserved!! I hoped we could have had a battle somewhere in the race but unlucky :( @Hugo nice P2 again...you are subscribed to that position lol and offcourse my teammate @Tye next week its my turn again for 3rd :D well done bud

Reactions: Tye and Hugo

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
I'm pretty happy with my night overall, but still a little disappointed.

Qualifying was not great... Again. 3rd time this season I finished 11th.

Race 1 was incredible, it really was. Had an amazing battle with so many cars, so much fighting everywhere. I was annoyed after qualifying as I managed to set a 29.1 on my third lap and could have been very high up. But, that did mean that I had some great battles, so it actually turned out to not be pretty great. I managed to end 4th in the end, although I did have an incident with @RandyMcScrandy1 which we'll see about the outcome, but it was a big enough issue that caused me to ask a watching Kerry whether or not to give the position back. I hope I keep 4th, but we'll see. Apologies anyway.

Sprint race was a bit of a shame. Got caught up with an incident at turn 4 after @Osterkamp touched the rear of @TRL Rosberg which almost killed @FisiFan91, but to Adam's credit, was able to avoid him. Unfortunately I was not able to avoid Adam, and in turn, @Gunar Nijenhuis couldn't avoid me. This meant I was racing the entire race with damage. I came close to points, but unfortunately got caught up with @Rin Hato, which disqualified the both of us. A shame, but just a really unfortunate incident. Still, it could have been worse. Not much, but it could have been.

Also, a great piece of news was that there wasn't a major lap 1 incident, although it goes to prove that it's pretty much down to circumstance that causes it. Some of the lap 1 issues weren't too dissimilar to previous rounds, but no one got caught up in them. I will say that in general people were a bit more cautious overall, and the awareness of incidents around seemed to be better as well.

Anyway, onto the next race at Sebring, which will probably be the track I do the least running for beforehand due to me probably running a lot of laps in the Chevy DP for the Daytona 24hrs. Should be fun. Good racing guys!

Reactions: Tye

xOwnage133

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 4 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
I'm a bit sorry to say this, but the driving standard from some people really needs to be enhanced. If this is not the case, I can guarantee a Brands Hatch replay will occur sooner or later.

Some people even can't get the basics right! Racing side by side in a 1V1 battle is already too much for some people. How can we expect those people to navigate their way through the field cleanly in an opening lap as well, when there's a lot more traffic around you?

Besides getting the basics wrong, apparantly the attitude and mindset is completely wrong too. Janick for example thought he did absolutely nothing wrong during THIS incident. Really? That's poor attitude, that will cost other people their race at some stage in the season too if it's not changed.

• Agree
Reactions: Mitti87

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Oh also, great job @Hugo for finishing second in the sprint race after starting 33rd. I guessed, at least 5th, but that's a bit more impressive.

EDIT: And also, a great run for @Jordy Lopez for a great run from 31st to 4th. Very nice.

Reactions: Tye and Hugo

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
Another up and down friday night. Well chuffed to get another podium but could have done so much better in the feature race.

Qualied 6th which was alot higher than expected, can't really remember much apart from the incidents so I'll just mention those. Spin fairly early on dropping me to 20th. Got back up to 10th and spun again dropping me to around 16th. Then had contact with @Kez while racing woth him and @Lorrentz. It sucks we connected Kerry but i really dont see what i could have done to avoid you, you were on the outside of laurens looking like you were gonna try completing the move out there so i cut to the inside then from my perspective you slowed more than usual and went for the apex when i was already on it. I couldn't have gone any closer to the inside. Congrats to the podium for that one.

R2 was alot better obviously. Got a **** start and was swamped out of the senna s then got caught up in an incident involving richard arnaud i think? Felt like i had damage but glad i continued because i had the best race. Overtook kweekel briefly and then permanently thanks to damage ( I'm taking it) then all of a sudden i was 2nd with a decent gap. Once again @Hugo came to spoil my party and nabbed 2nd from me....boooo.

Well done on the win @Patrick Kessler! Well deserved been a long time coming. Also congrats to the 2nd step machine Hugo.

Laurens, you just keep clearing the field and I'll worry about the podiums ;)

Osterkamp

4-time AOR iRacing Open Wheel Champion
Premium Member
Mar 15, 2015
Race 1 was just madness, battles everywhere. So i thought lets make a early pit stop to get out of this. But unfortunately for me @McPhilen copied my super secret strategie 1 lap after and i was battleing with him again.

Race 2 Lap 1 turn 1 i think nothing to argue about it. @RandyMcScrandy1 put his nose in and touched me. No way for me to see that one comming.

BUT Lap 1 turn 4 it was my mistake that lead to the massive incident. Thought i braked early enough but somehow i wasn´t increasing the brake as we travelt along. (i don´t know why maybe i was still thinking about the turn 1 incident and wasn´t paying enough attention. I wanna deeply Apologize to @TRL Rosberg @McPhilen @Gunar Nijenhuis

https://giphy.com/gifs/JYJDaKL3KYXzW

Last edited:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Very much enjoyed tonight. Too much happened for me to make an in-depth report as it's a bit of a blur lol, but had some good battles with several different drivers - the brief but awesome side by side action with @StevieSQ stands out.

I definitely messed up qualifying though - nowhere near my potential, meaning I started 24th, but worked my way to 11th at the finish. Then went from 15th to 8th in the sprint race, so overall happy with my race performances even though I probably could have been a few places higher in both races had everything gone to plan.

Glad we avioded a big incident in the sprint this time, even though there were several smaller ones throughout the race. My only contact was with @Robert Plumley after catching up to the big battle for 5th - I think he came very close to @Erti147 through turn 9 and got sent out wide right in front of me which I wasn't able to avoid despite getting on the brakes. Sorry Plums if I could have done better to avoid the tap there, but I'm not sure I could.

Hoff

FR2.0 S4 Pre-Season Sprint Race Winner
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2014
PATRICK KESSSSSSLEEEEER!

I overtook @Gunar Nijenhuis in practice when he let me through and that's about as good as tonight got for me.

Managed to be 12th in practice which I thought was promising.... 22nd in Qualy. Finished 13th which is a great drive for me of course but could have been more.

Sprint race and someone again has had an abortion in front of me and ended my race with nothing I could have done.

Congrats @Patrick Kessler, really please for you and great job Tye with another brilliant drive.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
22nd in Qualy. Finished 13th which is a great drive for me of course but could have been more.
Yeah good race man, I just remembered we had some battling at the start of that as well :p

• Friendly
Reactions: Hoff

TRL Rosberg

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 13, 2014
dont think I've defended as much as that ever in racing... not sure if i had damage but the car just didn't feel the same as my first stint. was very slow in a straight line. but glad to provide good action for the broadcast. race 2 on the other hand was ridiculous... i didn't even check but i got punted on the rear and it ruined my car, dont know who did it but im afraid it might have caught up a few more drivers sadly.