AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S4 - Round 6: Sebring | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S4 - Round 6: Sebring

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship Season 4
Round 6: Sebring

Information:
Date:
20th January 2017
Time: 19:30 GMT Practice, 20:30 GMT Qualifying, approx 20:40 GMT Feature Race, approx 21:30 Sprint Warm Up, approx 21:40 Sprint Race

Remember to let us know in advance if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track:
Sebring International Raceway - International
Time of Day: Afternoon
Weather: To be updated

Stats:
Track Stats:

- Home of the 5th closest qualifying gap, of 0.010 seconds between pole sitter Jamie Fluke, and 2nd place Justin Brunner.
- From the same race, home of the 6th closest race winning gap, of 0.179 seconds between winner Justin Brunner, and 2nd place Jamie Fluke.

Random Stats of the Week:
- Only 4 drivers that have done at least 10 races have a points average higher than 20. They are: 1. Justin Brunner (25.09), 2. Jouni Silvasti (23.25), 3. Christian A Koch (20.87) and 4. Jeroen Kweekel (20.5).
- The amount of fuel burnt by a jumbo jet in its first hour of flight, is approximately enough fuel to power all 35 Formula Renault cars for about 2 seasons of racing.

Standings:

Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

Jarnoh

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 13, 2015
Hate this bumpy skippyball track so much :( Only doing 2.00.5 optimals..But more in it in several sectors. Gaining 2 or 3 tenths and then losing it by screwing up the last corner..

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Don't really like this track, and probably won't get too much practice either as focus this week will be on Daytona 24h. So unlike last week, aim is just to finish and snatch a few points if possible!

Hoff

FR2.0 S4 Pre-Season Sprint Race Winner
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2014
Gutted I can't race :(

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Hate this bumpy skippyball track so much :( Only doing 2.00.5 optimals..But more in it in several sectors. Gaining 2 or 3 tenths and then losing it by screwing up the last corner..
I was there last season....I thought I was never gonna make it below the 59's.....for some reason on day 2 I found a fairly decent pace...and after that it went even better and better....I ended up well in the top 10 in Qualy practise times on the leaderboards....

now we have returned here it seems like it has been the same as last season :S I cannot find a decent pace...so hopefully it will come back during the week :D maybe I need a new setup for this season only did a 58.1 here now compared to a 57.3 last season (cool weather that was)...strange :D

Jarnoh

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 13, 2015
I was there last season....I thought I was never gonna make it below the 59's.....for some reason on day 2 I found a fairly decent pace...and after that it went even better and better....I ended up well in the top 10 in Qualy practise times on the leaderboards....

now we have returned here it seems like it has been the same as last season :S I cannot find a decent pace...so hopefully it will come back during the week :D maybe I need a new setup for this season only did a 58.1 here now compared to a 57.3 last season (cool weather that was)...strange :D
If a 57.3 this friday should het you in the top 5 i reckon, thats fast. The interesting thing this week will be the last car on the lead lap, that last one could be way down the field and should give us a very eventful sprint race.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
If a 57.3 this friday should het you in the top 5 i reckon, thats fast. The interesting thing this week will be the last car on the lead lap, that last one could be way down the field and should give us a very eventful sprint race.
yeah it was a good lap..and I can't remember how I did that one...but last season I suddenly had a click with the track and I had very good pace there...on the rift I maybe need more tracktime to adapt to it...I'll give it a go tonight and see if I have improved compared to monday. I think I have a better chance in hot conditions tbh...in cold conditions the car is sliding a little bit too much...and that last corner is where you can make or break your lap....I haven't found the trust in the car to take it at a decent speed this season. I think last season I did 13's in the final sector and now I am stuck with 14's...that's just really bad :D

lokitekki

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 3 Champion
Aug 13, 2016
I think this is harder with hot weather. Easy to overheat the tires and then it is just sliding.
Pointless to compare times with different weather but low 58 is good on default.
Low 14 last sector is fast.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Weather Report:

Wind Speed: 6mph
Wind Direction: North
Temp: 75f
Humidity: 43%
Partly Cloudy

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
The practice session was pretty desolate, is the race going to be the same?

Dylan Hember

Pro Karter
Jul 26, 2014
Not looking forward to tonight, I normally only have time to practice on the thursday, then have the race. Although yesterday i only managed to do a few laps.

Not looking good

Jarnoh

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 13, 2015
Not looking forward to tonight, I normally only have time to practice on the thursday, then have the race. Although yesterday i only managed to do a few laps.

Not looking good
Not looking forward either cuz of several reasons....i'm holding my breath the first 4 corners....

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I think something well worth remembering for all those who are at/near the back in the feature, is with a lap that take nearly 2 minutes to complete around here, if everyone is sensible and focus on just finishing the feature race first and foremost, then there's every chance the whole field will be inverted for the sprint. (Imagine 35 cars getting inverted:eek::smuggrin:)

I would expect the feature race to be 21 laps, so even the slowest drivers could afford to be on average 5 seconds a lap slower then the leader and they would still finish on the lead lap.

Of course if the whole field or 30 plus cars get inverted, I suspect it will cause a bit of panic and impatience from some of the cars who get inverted to the back, as they will only have 13 laps in the sprint race, so it should probably make for a very fun and crazy sprint race to watch.(y)

Jarnoh

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 13, 2015
I think something well worth remembering for all those who are at/near the back in the feature, is with a lap that take nearly 2 minutes to complete around here, if everyone is sensible and focus on just finishing the feature race first and foremost, then there's every chance the whole field will be inverted for the sprint. (Imagine 35 cars getting inverted:eek::smuggrin:)

I would expect the feature race to be 21 laps, so even the slowest drivers could afford to be on average 5 seconds a lap slower then the leader and they would still finish on the lead lap.

Of course if the whole field or 30 plus cars get inverted, I suspect it will cause a bit of panic and impatience from some of the cars who get inverted to the back, as they will only have 13 laps in the sprint race, so it should probably make for a very fun and crazy sprint race to watch.(y)
Indeed, could be a special one. Let's just guide the cars through the first corners in one piece.

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Had a cold all week - jumped into the car yesterday and couldn't go very fast - finally starting to feel better today so might not be as bad.

Though am more bothered about what happens in 24 hour race tomorrow rather than tonight lol