AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S5 - Round 1: Donington Park | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S5 - Round 1: Donington Park

Era

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
May 14, 2015
Really sorry about some events i caused in the 2nd race, misjudge where Stevie Chambers was and slightly touch him, i lost the car and then someone crash into me, then the car was really damaged and i lost it in the last turn where i collide with Kerry a bit, i've decided to DNF to stop causing other crashed. So my apologies to Tye McLeod and Kerry... Totally my bad.

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
@Robert Plumley
I appreciate you putting up a fight but you know that corner is understeery as **** so if you're gonna make that move then you have to make it stick....

Rest of the sprint race was an absolute joke. You should've seen the first few laps from my perspective. Crash after crash after crash. Ridiculous
I'll say we stop with the sprint race right here and right now.

The sprint race has nothing to do with skill. It was a fucking miracle that I survived the first few laps. We've been trying for the 13th time today and still it's just really really bad driving. If a race is determined by luck, it's not a fucking race, it's a damn lotery

• Agree
Reactions: Tekesh and Lorrentz

Leister-Meister

GP2 Test Driver
Dec 8, 2014
really was hoping to see the first Lady-winner here !!!

get your stuff together guys next time - was both terrible and fun to watch!!!

• Funny
Reactions: Lorrentz

Richtofen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 22, 2016
I'll say we stop with the sprint race right here and right now.
That would be an extreme measure but I know the feels. The racing during the feature was all round excellent, but I think we do need some kind of a format change after tonight. After Zandvoort I was against a rolling start but if it went to a vote I'd change my opinion.

Mitti87

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2014
Went to the gras to avoid the big crash in lap 1 then followed gunar for a while we avoided some dead cars around the track then i binned it all by myself not a good start at all 0 points driving really bad today.

I was not part of the league last season but i watched a ferw races as spotter or on youtube and i have to say its not really funny. i dont want to call names here but as a example: when we decide to only run laguna seca for 24 rounds then there are some people who will 24 times dive into the last corner and try impossible overtakes. i am 100 % sure. I dont know what happened to the quality and standards in general here. Its very sad

Richtofen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 22, 2016
Speaking of a rolling start, I would seriously suggest trialing it full scale in a championship round. At the pre-season test we had barely 20 people so it didn't prove anything. Spa would be a good candidate, although given that it's fairly wide I would expect less incidents anyway, so perhaps 2 rounds in succession to make sure we have reliable results so we can decide whether or not to make it the permanent format.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Speaking of a rolling start, I would seriously suggest trialing it full scale in a championship round. At the pre-season test we had barely 20 people so it didn't prove anything. Spa would be a good candidate, although given that it's fairly wide I would expect less incidents anyway, so perhaps 2 rounds in succession to make sure we have reliable results so we can decide whether or not to make it the permanent format.
Based on experience, I very much doubt it would have helped much.

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
I went from 32nd to 15th by the end of lap 1 in that sprint race. It was like I was racing in a different league tonight.

I don't even know what the real issue that is causing these problems that we should be focusing on, I'm starting think that people are just stupid.

God help us at Spa when we're going 4 wide into Les Combes on lap 1.

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Really weird night - it's a miracle I finished the feature race in any decent position. Pitted early to get out the traffic and basically recovered to where I probably would have finished anyway after Lap 1.

Sprint race, really good start, was thinking I could get to the front and lead a lap. Sara spun at the hairpin and I got excited nad spun under braking and went on grass.....I'm never that stupid @Richtofen but that was some retarded rejoin on my part.

Pitted couple of laps later when it was clear I had front wing damage. The quality of the race obviously got worse as I made it all the way from the back to 8th because of people crashing.

Donington's always pretty sketchy, glad we've got it oot the way

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
I did shiiiiit tonight. Wasnt helped by other people's mistakes but i made my own and put myself in those positions.

Sorry for the spin infront of you in the second race @Erti147 well done for avoiding me.

Also well done to @BenScott4 for getting his first top 10! Great job bud

Christian Koch

AOR iRacing 2-time Formula Renault 2.0 Champion
Apr 5, 2016
Feature race:
fucked up qualifying and i don't know why - i just had no grip for all of the 3 laps; thought i did good laps, but they were waaaay off pace; Same thing for the first 5 laps of the race when starting 9th.
It was big fun fighting the first laps with @Tye and @Patrick Kessler - after Tye overtook me i had to fight hard to stay in front of Patrick, then the tyres started to work and i could take advantage of Tye's mistake and get closer to the guys in front.
I could also grab P2 in the pits, but @Gunar Nijenhuis was in a league of his own today; Congratulations for that !

Sprint race:
asdöfhgaf böavbhaiuodpv absdpvi badprbva bvavbm vaöbvd adbt rb

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
That sprint race was something else to watch, obviously not fun for most of the drivers involved but as a viewer I was thoroughly entertained.(y)
Though if anyone missed the sprint race here the highlights of it in a nutshell:

Reactions: Lorrentz

Richtofen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 22, 2016
I'm never that stupid @Richtofen but that was some retarded rejoin on my part.
No hard feelings. I was surprised when you rejoined the track the way you did but amazingly I took very little damage, mostly cosmetic. It's hard to judge fully as I didn't see the replay and it wasn't broadcast as far as I could tell.

Tigerkart_22

AOR Podcast Quiz Multiple Winner
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2014
That sprint race turned into "AOR Survive Donington" in a hurry :D