AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S5 - Round 10: Brands Hatch | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S5 - Round 10: Brands Hatch

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship Season 5
Round 10: Brands Hatch

Information:
Date:
19th May 2017
Time: 19:30 BST Practice, 20:30 BST Qualifying, approx 20:40 BST Feature Race, approx 21:30 Sprint Warm Up, approx 21:40 Sprint Race

Remember to let us know in advance if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track:
Brands Hatch Circuit - Grand Prix
Time of Day: Afternoon
Weather: Wind Speed: 6mph, Wind Direction: E, Air Temp: 72f, Humidity: 54%, Partly Cloudy

Stats:
Track Stats:

- The race with the closest qualifying at Brands Hatch (0.016 seconds between pole sitter Ghovand Keanie and Kerry Knowlden) in Pro Mazda Season 3, is also the largest ever race winning margin (Michael Mittner with a 24.760 second margin to Jean-Francois Godin).
- Technically, at Brands Hatch the pole sitter has always come across the line in first place. The obvious discrepancy is Pro Mazda Season 3 where the driver who finished first was disqualified.

Random Stats of the Week:
- Montreal broke the record it previously held for most amount of 0x incident races, by having 12 driver finish with 0 incidents.
- The race for the first driver to reach 2000 cumulative points heats up, as Kerry Knowlden overtakes Phil Reid for the number 1 spot, with 1920 points total, to Phil's 1911 points. We have also found live footage, showcasing Phil and the exact moment he realised the positions had switched:

- Shown above: Phil being happily in the points lead, then throwing it away and the resulting reaction to losing the lead.

Standings:

Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

Last edited:

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Gonna watch Alien Covenant before the race...so hopefully I can figure out how Alien pace works :D

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
And he's done more races than me (I want to get my excuses in early if I can).

McPhilen

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Kerry even had a tooth malfunction last race and was still far better.

Reactions: Alehud42

McPhilen

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Weather Report:

Wind Speed: 6mph
Wind Direction: E
Air Temp: 72f
Humidity: 54%
Partly Cloudy

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Brands Hatch probably one of the more memorable tracks in AOR iRacing, but for the wrong reasons - everybody hold your breath on lap 1:bag::

Reactions: Osterkamp

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Q: finally I didn't ramp up my 2nd lap it was pretty decent'ish...putting me in P7

R1: took it easy on the cold tyres and I had @Christian Koch in my gearbox...I defended too late and he took the gap and hit me on the rear...fortunately I could save it and was trying to fight a way back to his gearbox but I had @J-F Godin in my gearbox...by lap 4 I cleared him a bit...and then I made a weird move into turn 1 which I haven't done at any single lap on this track so far...I clipped the inside kerb with my right rear..and the car bottomed on the kerb which made me spun.. Godin couldn't avoid my spinning car and ran into me which broke my suspension..so race over....fortunately @J-F Godin could continue and took sprint race pole :) sorry @UrBaNz Octane x you where a victim of it also :(

R2: had to start 27th...and had some pretty sick exciting moments :) but I made my way through the field agreed with @Gunar Nijenhuis not to fight him so we could catch up the guys in front....in the end I was just 1 lap short for p9..but still 11th I'll take it :)

congratz to @Mark Ussher and @Kez for the wins....and also @McPhilen did a good job so there will be a fight for the 2000 point marker after all ;)

Also @Tye you should be sick more often!! awesome drive m8 in the feature!! nice podium!!

p.s won't be there next week since I will be in @Osterkamp land :D I will be back for the final race of the season @ Monza

Cheers guys c ya!

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
Made a very stupid mistake in race 1, while I definitely had the pace for a podium finish. Too bad... Sorry again @Kez for spinning in front of you.
Race 2 was pretty fun, 30th to 8th wasn't too bad.

Unfortunately, like I said in the beginning of the season:
I'll probably miss some races later this season so I'm afraid I won't even be a championship contender.
I will most likely miss next week as well. With 2 DNS weeks it's already almost impossible to be a championship contender, but 3 DNS is a definite no

Good luck with the championship fight @Osterkamp @Synergi @Kez @McPhilen @Christian Koch

• Friendly
Reactions: Tekesh and Lorrentz

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Was running well in 8th in the feature, then messed up Graham Hill bend and spun and Aecio flipped me, thankfully I ended up the right way, and he recovered to 9th. I had rear wing damage and recovered to 18th.

wasn't going anywhere in the sprint, so we were waiting for things to happen. @Bruno Domiter piled into me at the hairpin and got rear wing damage again. Things kicked off on that lap lol. Then I just fell through the field as I made mistakes due to ma frustration. 17th

Worst night of the season and now 3pts behind ma teammate on drop weeks. Here's a couple of entertaining videos

Reactions: FisiFan91