AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S5 - Round 11: Okayama | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S5 - Round 11: Okayama

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship Season 5
Round 11: Okayama

Information:
Date:
26th May 2017
Time: 19:30 BST Practice, 20:30 BST Qualifying, approx 20:40 BST Feature Race, approx 21:30 Sprint Warm Up, approx 21:40 Sprint Race

Remember to let us know in advance if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track:
Okayama International Circuit - Full Course
Time of Day: Late Afternoon
Weather: Wind Speed: 5mph, Wind Direction: W, Air Temp: 83f, Humidity: 61%, Partly Cloudy

Stats:
Track Stats:

- Home to the 5th closest ever qualifying, with a 0.008 second gap between pole sitter Mark Jarvis and Kerry Knowlden.
- The pole sitter has never won the race.

Random Stats of the Week:
- Tye MacLeod could become the 11th driver to hit the 100 race starts, here at Okayama in the feature race.

- In the Brands Hatch feature race, Robert Plumley became the 4th driver to hit 100 race finishes.
- There were no stewards enquiries at all last week. Belows is a video of how the stewards spent their time off:

Standings:

Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

Last edited:
Reactions: Stevie

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
So its the joys of Okayama this week.:p

Heres an idea @FisiFan91 considering its Alonso at Indy this weekend, wouldn't you much prefer to scrap Okayama and race the FR2.0 around here instead and get a finish like this;):

• Agree
Reactions: FisiFan91

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
still not sure if I can make this one... too bad though because I like this track and how cool would a 4/5 way battle for the championship be!

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
So its the joys of Okayama this week.:p

Heres an idea @FisiFan91 considering its Alonso at Indy this weekend, wouldn't you much prefer to scrap Okayama and race the FR2.0 around here instead and get a finish like this;):
I would scrap Okayama to race the FR2.0 inside a volcano

• Funny
Reactions: Minimariner

Scott Newton

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2017
As much as I like this track I will have to miss this race due to work commitments and then then the final round I will be 230km/140mi from home for a couple of days so my slot will be open for those 2 race meetings.

Was great to race with you all and I will be seeing you all for Season 6 once signups open for that.

Best of luck to everyone for the last 2 races and I will be watching it on the broadcasts.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
@Wobbuffet

Best Pokémon, behind the mighty Squirtle and the Squirtle Squad of course.
I swear I remember hearing you say during one of Fisi's streams your favourite Pokémon was Rhyhorn, McPhilen.:unsure:

Anyway was just looking at the championship standings and something that caught my eye was @Christian Koch's position and race results.

I'm sure @Minimariner will confirm this, but has there ever been a champion that's not won a race in the season?

As Christian's right in contention and he hasn't won a race this season, I have nothing against any of the other drivers involved in the championship fight but personally I would like to see Christian win it now without winning a race, as it would be refreshing to see a different kind of consistency win a championship.

Minimariner

AOR iRacing Statman
Premium Member
May 18, 2016
Has there ever been a champion that's not won a race in the season?
Nope.
The fewest wins a champion has got in their championship winning season is 2 (Phil Reid PM S5 & Christian A Koch FR S2).

Last edited:

Hoff

FR2.0 S4 Pre-Season Sprint Race Winner
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2014
This track is gross.

See you tomorrow.

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
After 7 years, we have been reunited, goodbye FR2.0 practice

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Weather Report:

Wind Speed:
5mph
Wind Direction: W
Air Temp: 83f
Humidity: 61%
Partly Cloudy

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Fucking hell draw a line under another shite Championship challenge lads

Sorry to @Gunar Nijenhuis in the feature, obviously you would need alien reflexes to have prevented that one. At least karma came back and slapped me with a 27 second pitstop while they changed my rear wing.

Nice move from @McPhilen to take a stranglehold on the race to 2000. Good dodging by @Osterkamp as I tried to get off the track.

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
Fucking hell draw a line under another shite Championship challenge lads
Couldn't agree more...

Feature was pretty exciting untill I ended up with front wing damage (no worries Kez, classic slow speed iracing spin you had), pitted 2 or 3 laps after that and fought back to 4th. That also meant, seeing Kristian, Christian and Rene finish in front of me that it was the end of my championship fight. With a bit more luck and without two DNS weeks, I might have had a chance.

Sprint race, you guessed it, another front wing damaged. Someone spun at the hairpin at the end of the backstraight and I again had nowhere to go. Already made up quite some positions so really pissed about that. Drove a few more laps but lost 3 to 4 seconds per lap....Parked the car.

Mark Ussher

Pro Karter
May 16, 2017
Sorry to everyone involved in my incident on lap 1 of the sprint race, I thought it was 2 wide, not 3 wide. No blame on Rene's side, I just didn't know he was there and I turned in.

Congrats To Christian for a well fought win in the feature. It was very tough racing with Christian as I know he is one the guys battling for the championship, so I didn't want to clash with him and especially as I have only 1 screen, so it made it tough going side by side so much. But Christian you defended brilliantly.

Anyway, I'm not going to do the Monza race, as I don't want to interfere again in the championship. I prefer you guys to battle it out in the final without any influence from me.