Air Temp: 69f
Humidity: 49%
Partly Cloudy

Tekesh

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 5 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 11, 2015
I just remembered that Spa has a night version, can we do that instead??

Tekesh

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 5 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 11, 2015
I managed to mix up my t1 brake marker and the bus stop marker. T1 is right before the line or so and bus stop is right before the curb. So I ended up taking both me and @Mitti87 pretty much out of the race.
I'm terribly sorry for that...
Sometimes my brain just goes .................

Era

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
May 14, 2015
Wont say anything as the video is quite nice :
Good race, manage to take 5th in the feature one, but guys, during the sprint race, some people are risking a bit too much in my opinion, anyway it was a great event again, looking forward to next week !

Janick Nijenhuis

Pro Karter
Sep 2, 2015
Lap 1 sprint race. Made a mistake after Rivage in turn 11. Because of NO speed cars passed by like crazy. In Pouhon I saw Gunar on my left when I wanted to turn in the corner. It was his corner so in a reflex I moved a bit to the right and there was ???? Sorry for that!
Spun on the track and cars crashed into me from behind.

Too bad since my feature race was pretty well. Of course I accept a penalty.

But want to mention that I drove really carefull, maybe to carefull to avoid any contact...

Br,

Janick

Reactions: Era

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
qualy : screwed my 15.3 lap so was way down the order...

r1: luckily a lot of cars messed up so I was around p10 very quickly....but then I was in the mix with @camo and that didnt really help overtaking each other every lap lol....finally @camo decided to work together and i was catching a bit on @Tye but then there was lapped car @Mark Forte in turn 1...and I had to ran a weird line and i havent watched it back but I got big oversteer and I think @camo couldn't avoid my rear and ran into my right rear suspension :( then @McPhilen passed me and at the top of eau rouge where all the pressure came on my right rear suspension it just snapped and turned left into the wall...end of race :D

r2: biggest joke ever....it's car crash avoiding armada....but I was doing ok and then into Pouhon there was a crash in front of me so I lifted and the moment I wanted to avoid it to go all the way to the right I got smashed into really hard by @heuer91....so I watched it back on my replay and he was half a meter away from my car but it smashed my car really hard..so that was really odd... :S how did that look from your screen mate?

tried to carry on but car was toast...suspension damage etc....

so another disappointing round while the pace was there....I need to get some lucky pills from the drug store next week...like a dozen :D

@stewards of the meeting....Good luck with alllllllllllll the incidents :D

Richtofen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 22, 2016
I lost out on 2 real good results tonight, but instead I find myself with zero points.

Feature race: I took a puncture early on and I'm not quite sure if it was due to the incident with Jarno, but I was doing 2.22's for the entire first stint thinking it was suspension damage. It was only after I made my stop that there was an unexpected tyre change and all of a sudden I was putting in 2.16's and faster than everyone around me. Bit late though as I was lingering down in 20 somethingth.

Sprint Race: What a fucking start! 5th to 2nd by the end of the Kemmel straight and fighting for the lead! I had the pace on Jake easily but he was far too aggressive when defending and I had to back off a few times and I lost time and positions as a result. Had I taken the lead by the end of the first lap or on the 2nd lap I believe I could have finished on the podium or top 5 at the very least, which would have been a brilliant result. Sadly Jake went for a joyride in the middle of the track and I lost the rear trying to avoid him. I'm starting to get fed up of my luck during the sprints, and I'm probably not the only one that feels there needs to be some changes.

Mitti87

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2014
Second time that i started the feature from the front row and second time i failed to finish the race with good points. Not very happy at the moment altough i accept @Synergi apologies as i know how fast mistakes can happen. I started the sprint race from P8 and lucky i did not had an incident with the drivers around.

Will give next week another try lets see if i finally can have a nice feature race.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tekesh

WCHpon3

Formula 3 1st Driver
Aug 26, 2015
I had the greatest race of my life in race 2, and anybody who thinks i was unfair, well check back again. iracing has an off track system for a reason and i was racking up the points. But ultimately I was there to hold onto as many positions as possible. I and the people i was with thought i was fair in all of my moves, and when you are 4 seconds a lap slower, on a pad, first ever pole, nerves jangling, you have to do the best you can and you can't take my effort away. If you can't get past me, you have to be patient and find a way to get past in the end. I will say sorry for my incident on lap 5, Christian and I have no issues over it and i will admit that the crash up Eau Rouge is my fault. I would have tried to get away sooner but my pad decided to access a keyboard that completely nullifies the throttle. It was fantastic today, and that, was racing, and if you want to complain, 100 viewers at one time was watching, because of that great race. Have a good evening guys :)

Erkka Lindstrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 8, 2014
Well spa was bad for me this time... Both races ruined cause of crash. Main race there was some cars spinning in t1 and i had no where to go there.... Car damaged and i made two pit stops, finished 19th. Sprint race started on 6th spot and thought it gonna be fun race but no, lap 2 some crashing just in front of me and i just collided back of Jeroem's car. Found myself in the gravel and car was totaled.... so dnf to me and well, nothing to say here :/

Beer time!

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
I think this is going to be one of my drop weeks.

My best ever qualifying was destroyed by me spinning out three times. Was going to have a good race with @Erti147 and @Robert Plumley but I messed it up, then I spun at the same corner again and lost the lead lap.

Gained some positions from the start in the sprint race, but I had contact with @Era that I couldn't avoid. End of lap one I had wing damage and 9x from @Janick Nijenhuis clipping me in his crash. Was doing my best to fight @heuer91 for the final point but spun and got the last 2x I needed for a DSQ.....

Gutted because my pace was good and I was hyped after qualifying :c

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
Race 1:
P3 wasn't too bad although it could've been better. Start was decent and was able to overtake @Synergi after eau rouge. Then followed @Mitti87 for the remainder of the lap and could overtake him through blanchimont. Then some time after there was the incident between Kris and Michael. Too bad though because I think we all had similar pace and it could've been a 4 way battle (Chris included as well).

While all this happened @Christian Koch was following closely and over the next 9 laps or so I didn't make any big mistakes or anything and was able to create a 3 second gap to Chris.

Then on lap 10 I think it was @Ycoms and @The Genius that came together (please correct me if I'm wrong) just before Stavelot and that almost finished my race. Lost about 2 seconds and then the lap after that I made a big mistake in Malmedy and could just keep it out of the wall.
Chris was now within .5 seconds behind me so I decided to pit that same lap to hopefully get some laps in without Chris right behind me.
This worked out and could drive 2 very clean laps and the gap was back to 1.6 seconds after Chris pitted as well.
Had to push really hard to keep the gap and luckily that worked.

Then the sprint race. boy oh boy. This were my first 4 (lucky) laps. 24th to 2nd

Compliments to @WCHpon3 for the side-by-side (;);)) action on lap 4 into les combes! very nicely done mate!

Last edited:

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Race 1 - Ran too low downforce, couldn't keep up through the corners and basically spent the race on my own.

Race 2 - Jumped the start, did my stop/go aaand spent the race alone catching up. What a boring evening. Apparently there were some incidents. Get your bribes in now boys.

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Spa's supposed to be ma favourite track, but I can't be assed with weeks like this where I'm having to worry about the gear ratio.

Only got 1 lap in for qualifying, around mid grid. Made it up Eau Rouge. As we got into the race the car just felt ****, nae downforce at all, so settled into work together sort of mode with Sara. We gained on Plumley in the pits, but 2 laps later Sara binned it in front of me - she ghosted through my rear right tyre but I survived and found a bit of pace to make sure Jeroen and Plums didn't catch and finished 11th

2nd race I changed the car which made the rear loose. I was going up Eau Rouge side by side with Lee, I was on the inside and had to lift - nearly killed myself but survived and was slow along the kemmel straight. Guys behind had an incident and so did many others and found myself fighting for 11th with flipping Waldo. He didn't want to work together and catch Plumley and co ahead so we battled and lost them consequently. I was going mental as Waldo wanted to race for some reason and so I had to deal with it unfortunately. In the end I passed and pulled away for 11th place again. Good pints for the night

Next week, well....you know what track it is