AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S5 - Round 3: Road Atlanta | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S5 - Round 3: Road Atlanta

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship Season 5
Round 3: Road Atlanta

Information:
Date:
31st March 2017
Time: 19:30 BST Practice, 20:30 BST Qualifying, approx 20:40 BST Feature Race, approx 21:30 Sprint Warm Up, approx 21:40 Sprint Race

Remember to let us know in advance if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track:
Road Atlanta - Full Course
Time of Day: Late Afternoon
Weather: Wind Speed: 1 MPH, Wind Direction: E, Air Temp: 78F, Humidity: 67%, Overcast

Stats:
Track Stats:

- All 3 of the races in the Pro Mazda around this circuit feature in the top 7 closest winning margins, with the 4th (0.101 second gap between Justin Brunner and Kerry Knowlden, Pro Mazda S3), 5th (0.153 second gap between Kerry Knowlden and Phil Reid, Pro Mazda S4), and 7th (0.199 seconds gap between Riku Alatalo and Joonas Nukarinen, Pro Mazda S1) closest margins.
- However, the closest qualifying ever at Road Atlanta was in the Formula Renault 2.0, with a gap of 0.028 seconds between Jean-Francois Godin and Kerry Knowlden (FR 2.0 S2).
- The same race, however, ended with the largest winning margin ever at Road Atlanta, and largest so far Formula Renault winning margin, with a gap of 17.636 seconds between Jean-Francois Godin and Christian A Koch.
- This also means that 3 of the 5 races here have finished with a 1-2 for team mates.

Random Stats of the Week:
- Vittorio Saltalamacchia becomes the 8th driver to reach 100 race entries. Kerry Knowlden could hit that landmark here this week.
- Evan Imray could potentially achieve a total of 99 race finishes, here at Road Atlanta, which means it is impossible to get 100 race finishes at his favourite track.
- Only 2 drivers have lead at least one lap every season since the start of the Formula Renault 2.0 Championship. They are Gunar Nijenhuis (374) and Christian A Koch (164). Only Jean-Francois Godin can potentially add to that list, should he lead a lap at any point this season.
- If I write this here, I believe this will be the most 'stats' I've done in one of these yet.

Standings:

Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

Last edited:

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
- Evan Imray could potentially achieve a total of 99 race finishes, here at Road Atlanta, which means it is impossible to get 100 race finishes at his favourite track.
I like this

Scott Newton

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2017
Couldn't get into 1:16s during my testing but its definitely possible if i can hook up every corner correctly. T7 is starting to become a real pain...

PB: 1:17.045

Jarnoh

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 13, 2015
Really like this track. Guessing the field will be close together!

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
field will definitely be close together in quali. hotlapping is not that hard on this track.
Try 20 laps in a row, that's where the difference is made.

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
Another lap, and another lap, and another lap, and another lap and another lap

BenScott4

Pro Karter
Feb 8, 2017
I thought i was doing well... until i seen spaceships everywhere :( 1.18.9

fingers x'd ill lose a second a day.

Reactions: Tye

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Something psychologically clicks into place here like no other track

I hype Ratlanta up too much and put pressure on myself - only chance I would ever have of winning would be to get pole for the sprint race on purpose....

I know Bruno has always been good around here in the past/been around me in those previous races.

Al just be happy to smash ma teammate, whether that's on the track or up the bum

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Something psychologically clicks into place here like no other track

I hype Ratlanta up too much and put pressure on myself - only chance I would ever have of winning would be to get pole for the sprint race on purpose....

I know Bruno has always been good around here in the past/been around me in those previous races.

Al just be happy to smash ma teammate, whether that's on the track or up the bum
Do a hot-lap video

Jarnoh

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 13, 2015
Close field going into turn 3 tonight. Not unsatisfied with my time seen the no sound driving ^^. Should be some interesting battles with once again, sara and stevie like last season. Looking forward to it :)

• Agree
Reactions: Rin Hato and Stevie

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
This track frustrates me. I know from past performance I should be in high 17s but I just can't get it, and I'm not sure why.