AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S5 - Round 3: Road Atlanta | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S5 - Round 3: Road Atlanta

Mitti87

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2014
Finish a feature race in the Top 5........check

First time i didnt qualified for the front row and that was the key ;-) really surprised with that win altough i have the feeling that @Gunar Nijenhuis was not on the limit and was already driving for the championship.

iRacing f***ed up another update that is certainly no surprise. I think Gunar is not so unhappy about the cancelled sprint race ;-)

Video tomorrow

Scott Newton

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2017
Confirmation that tonight's sprint race is cancelled. Nothing we can do unfortunately.
Probably the best decision for everyone but I wanted to race to try to get some point in sprint race.

Just wanted to get a clarification as to the start times, Did they move to BST time or are they on GMT still? Nearly missed the race because of it.

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Probably the best decision for everyone but I wanted to race to try to get some point in sprint race.

Just wanted to get a clarification as to the start times, Did they move to BST time or are they on GMT still? Nearly missed the race because of it.
BST now, as in the race thread (easy to miss, I know).

• Agree
Reactions: Scott Newton

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Q: offtracked my 17.2 :-( just outside top 10 in 11th...

R1 feature: just took it easy and settle behind @Bruno Domiter waiting for a chance to get passed him...was real fun race for the first 10 or so laps....good battles and close racing :)
than bruno made a mistake into turn 2 and got passed him...unfortunately @Osterkamp had exactly the same pace lol...was between 1.2 - 1.4 every lap and since @J-F Godin and @Christian Koch spun I was in p7 settling for a good finish....but since cars behind were like 3 seconds behind and the gap stayed the same and rene in front was staying the same I somehow lost concentration :S got on the outside kerb in t5 and normally that's no problem but my car bottomed on the kerb I guess and it send me straight into the wall...race over :cry::cry::cry::cry:
Maybe I need to buy a lottery ticket with all my luck :D

R2 sprint: thnx iracing..give the league owners their money back please...NOW :D

Last edited:

Christian Koch

AOR iRacing 2-time Formula Renault 2.0 Champion
Apr 5, 2016
I should have taken some valerian before the race;
totally disappointed with the qualifying, didn't get tyres up to temps....and then stuck in the pack and got frustrated while not backing off in the fight with @Synergi ; bad decision from my side to try turn 5 2-wide...LOL. So i lost about 3 seconds there and 6 positions in total; insane !

After that again stuck 2 times behind 2 guys fighting, where i had no chance to get by because the guy in front of me had draft too.
And then i spun..........................................

Unfortunately, no chance to take advantage of the bad feature race position, which is even more disappointing :(

Really have to work on qualifying and patience....

Scott Newton

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2017
BST now, as in the race thread (easy to miss, I know).
Definitely easy to miss as you say. I dont observe daylight savings time so I am always +8GMT but most Eastern Australian state go back 1 hour next weekend.

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
Q:
Definitely messed it up. Crashed on lap 1 so had to start over. Off track on lap 2 and luckily a sort of decent lap 3 which was p5.

R:
JF had an amazing quali but fell back a couple of spots at the start so I was right behind him at turn 2. With the draft on the backstraight I could make the pass and was in P4.
Then followed @McPhilen to chase down @Synergi. Couple of laps later Kris had a bad exit at turn 8 and both me and Phil were able to pass him.
Made some mistakes after that so Phil pulled a small gap. Luckily he did the same, so closed down and again could pass with draft on the backstraight.
Then I coul start chasing @Mitti87 who also had a small gap.
You're partly right Michael :p. I definitely tried to attack you the first laps I followed. I came close 2 times but being so close behind you going into turn 2 scared me and I backed off both times.
Also had some very lucky moments of not crashing. So then I had to choose between pushing really hard and risking my p2 or taking it a bit easier in sector 2.
Let me be clear, I definitely wasn't holding back or anything, your pace was amazing and you were very consistent. You deserved this win! Congrats mate!

In terms of the championship, yes cancelling race 2 is obviously better for me because of the chances to mess up the race. But on the other hand, I'll probably miss some races later this season so I'm afraid I won't even be a championship contender. So I'd rather have raced the sprint race as well! FU iracing

Bruno Domiter

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jun 13, 2015
I think we should do this sprint race ANYWAYS!!! maybe sunday or so... Canceling it IMO is more unfair to drivers, then doing it at a different time. At the end of the day, everybody here loves to race, right?

And yes, maybe Iracing gets penalized by our Stewards in a hardcore way! :punch:

Reactions: Erkka Lindstrom

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I think we should do this sprint race ANYWAYS!!! maybe sunday or so... Canceling it IMO is more unfair to drivers, then doing it at a different time. At the end of the day, everybody here loves to race, right?
Problem is that people have signed up to race on a Friday, and if we run it on another day there's sure to be some of the people who were present tonight who won't be able to do the new day, which also wouldn't be fair

And yes, maybe Iracing gets penalized by our Stewards in a hardcore way! :punch:
For sure... race ban for iRacing

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Hope iRacing sort this out asap:rage:, as if we get to Interlagos next Friday and the same thing happens again but with Fisi on sprint pole, I can only imagine his reaction.;)

• Funny
Reactions: Rin Hato

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
One of my better races and some super close racing all the way through. Pleased to get to the podium but felt without the half spin early on I maybe could have put a challenge on for a better result.

It's typical that the one time I was looking forward to the sprint race iRacing decided to blow up.

I put my best bits into a video though