AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S5 - Round 5: Nurburgring | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S5 - Round 5: Nurburgring

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship Season 5
Round 5: Nurburgring

Information:
Date:
14th April 2017
Time: 19:30 BST Practice, 20:30 BST Qualifying, approx 20:40 BST Feature Race, approx 21:30 Sprint Warm Up, approx 21:40 Sprint Race

Remember to let us know in advance if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track:
Nurburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke - Without Arena.
Time of Day: Morning
Weather: Wind Speed: 6 mph, Wind Direction: S, Air Temp: 69f, Humidity: 41%, Partly Cloudy

Stats:
Track Stats:

- First time running this variant of the track.
- Nurburgring holds the 9th closest
race finish and also the 9th closest qualifying. The race finished with a gap of 0.208 seconds between winner Rene Osterkamp and Phil Reid, around the Nordschleife (Pro Mazda Season 5). The qualifying finished with a gap of 0.016 seconds between pole sitter Christian Koch and Jean-Francois Godin at the GP layout (Formula Renault 2.0 season 2).
- Speaking of qualifying, over the 3 races we have done at the Nurburgring, the driver who qualified in 2nd has always gone on to win the race.

Random Stats of the Week:
- Both Kerry Knowlden and Rene Osterkamp reached the 100 race milestone last week, Kerry in the feature, and Rene in the sprint. This means that we have now had 10 drivers reach 100 races.
- The sprint race at Interlagos last week became the first Formula Renault 2.0 race to have a small enough winning margin to enter into the top 10 closest finishes. The gap between Manuel Heuer and Evan Imray was 0.181 seconds, putting it in 7th overall, and becoming the closest ever finish at Interlagos.
- Lewis Hamilton just scored his 3rd ever grand slam on Sunday. Only 8 drivers in F1's history match or better that record. Kerry Knowlden has had 4 grand slams, which means he is surely better.

Standings:

Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

Last edited:
Reactions: FisiFan91

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Another stat

@McPhilen posted this race thread at 1.47pm - so you know what that means for Friday sprint....

Richtofen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 22, 2016
I love this track in general but turn 2 on this layout is awful. Also do you think we could get the Ford Kurve renamed to Infinite Understeer Kurve?

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I really like this track. Took a bit of getting used to but it's so fun. I got my first bonus point for a clean race here last time.

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
Liking this track a lot more than I thought, even with the crappy chicanes...

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Weather Report:

Wind Speed: 6 mph
Wind Direction: S
Air Temp: 69f
Humidity: 41%
Partly Cloudy

• Informative
Reactions: Scott Newton

Scott Newton

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2017
39.8 achieved with a few mistakes. .4 optimal. Should be a good one for tomorrow mornings race

Good luck to all that are competing this week and to those away have a safe Easter Holidays

Mitti87

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2014
Looks like we have a few no-qualifier this evening :) My Question is: Whats the difference between Q-ban and a back of the gid start (Tye)? Also for the case a Q-ban doesnt mean pit lane start who decides the grid order behind the guys who did a normal Q lap (practice times, iRating etc.)?

Edit: Not Tye i meant Era

WCHpon3

Formula 3 1st Driver
Aug 26, 2015

I don't always sit on the fence, but when i do...
[DOUBLEPOST=1492172332][/DOUBLEPOST]
Looks like we have a few no-qualifier this evening :) My Question is: Whats the difference between Q-ban and a back of the gid start (Tye)? Also for the case a Q-ban doesnt mean pit lane start who decides the grid order behind the guys who did a normal Q lap (practice times, iRating etc.)?
decided by irating

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I hope everyone is going to use some common sense through turns 1/2 tonight. They are ludicrously tight. And very very easy to drop it on cold tyres there.

Also, just a heads up. I did an official race and someone had spun on the inside of turn 2 a few laps in. As I went through turn 1, spotter came on, "Car stopped on the right, go left" I duly did... and hit him.

Those on single screens, turn 2 is basically blind, and then to help with the situation the spotter may get his lefts and rights mixed up.