AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S5 - Round 8: Silverstone | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S5 - Round 8: Silverstone

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship Season 5
Round 8: Silverstone

Information:
Date:
5th May 2017
Time: 19:30 BST Practice, 20:30 BST Qualifying, approx 20:40 BST Feature Race, approx 21:30 Sprint Warm Up, approx 21:40 Sprint Race

Remember to let us know in advance if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track:
Silverstone Circuit - International
Time of Day: Late Afternoon
Weather: Wind Speed: 6 mph, Wind Direction: SE, Air Temp: 75f, Humidity: 59%, Partly Cloudy

Stats:
Track Stats:

- The closest finish at Silverstone stands at 0.350 seconds between one time winner Lee N Robinson and Rene Osterkamp (Pro Mazda season 5). This is the 13th closest finish ever.
- This is the first time running the International layout, and is just about the shortest circuit this season (3.619km, compared to Brands Hatch at 3.703km).

Random Stats of the Week:
- Both Phil Reid and Robert Plumley can once again reach 100 race finishes this event. Phil can reach it in the feature, whilst Rob can reach it in the sprint.
- Michael Mittner, also similar to last week, will reach 100 race entries should he participate in both races this event.
- We reached the 4000 laps completed mark at Suzuka last week.

- We have also found further footage showing @Bruno Domiter and his reaction when he see's red lights:

Standings:

Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

Last edited:

McPhilen

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Also

The track vote for circuits you'd like to be on the calendar for next season is up on the iRacing forums, and can be found here.

I would love it if you would put in a vote for Oran Park, the greatest circuit of all time.

P.S

You don't have to vote for Oran Park.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
This layout is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo short I guess the whole field will be within 0.1 from pole LOL

Era

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
May 14, 2015
Voted for Nordschleiffe, Bathurst, Sonoma, COTA and Indianapolis. Will be so fun to race on the Nordschleiffe :D

Scott Newton

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2017
Also

The track vote for circuits you'd like to be on the calendar for next season is up on the iRacing forums, and can be found here.

I would love it if you would put in a vote for Oran Park, the greatest circuit of all time.

P.S

You don't have to vote for Oran Park.
My vote

Phillip Island
Nordschleife
Le Mans
Indianapolis Road
Bathurst

Would be in favor of having tracks that run alongside the FR2.0 Sim Cup as there would be a reasonable jump in participation and its a great series.

If that were to happen then i would like to see Phillip Island stay as Bathurst was my last home track and much more suited for FR2.0.

McPhilen

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
My vote

Phillip Island
Nordschleife
Le Mans
Indianapolis Road
Bathurst
I think I just threw up a little bit. Whilst all good/great tracks (apart from Indy Road), they all suuuuuuck in the FR 2.0. :p

If that were to happen then i would like to see Phillip Island stay as Bathurst was my last home track and much more suited for FR2.0.
MATE, ORAN PARK.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
my vote:

oulton
imola
zandvoort
cota
ORAN park (let's pray phil
)

:D

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
I voted:
Oran Park
Oulton Park
Zandvoort
Sonoma
Imola

Also, why does Sonoma have like, three names? Sonoma, Sears Point, Infineon?

Reactions: Lorrentz

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
Mid ohio
Bathurst
Oulton Park
Nordschliefe
Imola

Really hope the nord gets alot of votes been too long since we've had the privilege to race that awesome track

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
voted:
Indy (when are we FINALLY driving this again?!?!)
zandvoort
cota (just because rift :D)
mosport
Philip Island

AND btw, who the **** picks these layouts?!?! Silverstone international? are you kidding me. I'm already afraid of the sprintrace, oh and feature race too.... because of super weird turns

Scott Newton

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2017
MATE, ORAN PARK.
If I didnt have the speed of the marshall on the track at Oran Park then I would have voted for it.

Phillip Island is currently my local track (even though its 3700kms by road from me) and much prefer it. I am massively slow at Oran even though it was my local track when I was living in Sydney. I agree that it should be raced on for nostalgic reasons (Sadly its a suburb with houses now) as I have raced there on the North Circuit in a Go Kart but personally not one I would have voted for.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Stretch