AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S5 - Round 8: Silverstone | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S5 - Round 8: Silverstone

dFlashAshb

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 3, 2016
I'm not sure which incident that was. I was black flagged both races from contacts, but no hard feeling's from me, sound's as if i was behind and it was my responsibility to miss you but wasn't sharp enough with my reactions... As my post above said, a lot of the blame for my poor showing tonight rest's at my door, but a lot i was completely helpless with and doing my up most to stay out of trouble... Just seem's too many people around here are trying to drive beyond their ability in the races when they should be knocking it back a notch... Only my second evening with you guy's so perhaps it's just been unfortunate..

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
You got it! @Kez

Awesome right?!
Hugely! Although I should have left it a week before jumping in.. I tried it yesterday during Thursday practice and couldn't complete a race run without being dizzy or feeling a bit sick. I actually ordered some new parts for my PC which I'm planning to install/upgrade over the weekend, as my i5-3570k is a bit dated now so frame rate was a bit of a mess at times.. that probably contributed to the ill feeling really tonight, hence why I should have waited a week.

But I don't regret it!

• Winner
Reactions: Hoff

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Qualy: Well with a back of the grid penalty for both races I once could chill out and watch the laptimes...very nice job @Ycoms to secure that pole!

R1: I was holding back and letting everyone through so I could sit and watch the crashes in front......just drove my own race and I tried to climb up the field but at this track it's hard when everyone has a slipstream to get passed...and you lose so much time behind cars battling easily 2/3 seconds a lap like Stevie mentioned....in the end I got a bend front wing and I wanted to pit to get it replaced but @VICSALT was thinking the same so when I turned to the pit he hit me in the rear wing :( that was unfortunate buddy :( I didn't saw you were in my diffuser at that point...so I had a rear wing and front wing change and it cost me 40 seconds pitstop lol...so I was pretty much lost....still was trying to secure a point..but didn't work out...

R2: one of my best races I have raced this season in AOR....I again was backing off at the grid since there was no one behind me this time around...so I was cruising towards turn 4...and from then on I put my throttle to the floor and the only thing I did was overtake people....Once I cleared @Erkka Lindstrom I was closing up on @Tye @UrBaNz Octane x and @Erti147 but laps ran short...in the end I finished 0.2 behind @Tye
going from 33 to 10 on this track isn't a bad thing I guess...

see ya all next week ! and congratz to all the podium finishers!
[DOUBLEPOST=1494020046][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hugely! Although I should have left it a week before jumping in.. I tried it yesterday during Thursday practice and couldn't complete a race run without being dizzy or feeling a bit sick. I actually ordered some new parts for my PC which I'm planning to install/upgrade over the weekend, as my i5-3570k is a bit dated now so frame rate was a bit of a mess at times.. that probably contributed to the ill feeling really tonight, hence why I should have waited a week.

But I don't regret it!
Had the same the first couple of days...it will get better....also to create a more stable horizon make sure you have:

9.MOTION SICKNESS
Again thanks to Derek the Legend Speare for info...
If you are having issues with motion sickness some Iracers have found a quick change to the head movement commands makes things more comfortable.
To do this browse to
iracing appi.ini (default path libraries\documents\iracing\appi.ini)
then scroll right down to
[view]
and change
DriverHeadHorizon=0.900000
DriverHeadNoPitch=0.900000

DriverHeadWobble=0.000000
then save the file.
If this doesn't work buy a yellow bucket and place it near your wheel in your sacred man/woman cave.
Drink some water.
Take a break.

that helped a lot for me

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
I'm not sure which incident that was. I was black flagged both races from contacts, but no hard feeling's from me, sound's as if i was behind and it was my responsibility to miss you but wasn't sharp enough with my reactions... As my post above said, a lot of the blame for my poor showing tonight rest's at my door, but a lot i was completely helpless with and doing my up most to stay out of trouble... Just seem's too many people around here are trying to drive beyond their ability in the races when they should be knocking it back a notch... Only my second evening with you guy's so perhaps it's just been unfortunate..
It was into the hairpin, I locked the brakes and spun across in front of you. Sorry about that, was probably my fault.

• Friendly
Reactions: dFlashAshb

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Race report:

First of all, apologies to @Synergi for the contact at the hairpin. Got my braking zone completely wrong. Just caught myself out by not being able to see my normal braking zone and got it slightly wrong, and being on the inside meant the car just wouldn't stop.

Qualifying: Considering I had a 14.8 on the optimal, and bar messing up a corner I don't usually mess up, was easily on course to make it. Didn't though, but started 7th which surprised me with the lap I did so not all bad.

Race 1: Decent pace, made my way up to 5th I think, and felt good there, and then hit a cone and had another front wing change that I didn't need, stupid plastic bag front wing. Eventually came home in 6th, just ahead of team mate @Kez who was putting a bit of pressure on but was probably getting nausea from the Oculus, and couldn't push on too hard :p

Race 2: Ruined it myself. Had a good start, almost into the back of @Scott Newton off on the line after he didn't move which scared me a bit, but all was good. Race started really fun, had a great go of things, but then decided to completely **** it by getting my braking all wrong and pretty much hurting any chance Kristian had of a good race, again sorry about that mate. After that, the race was still fun, but then the plastic wing struck again and this time actually took damage from a cone, which kinda ruined the fun I was having at that point. Still got to pull a nice move on @StevieSQ on the final lap to take 15th, but still not really what I wanted obviously. A nice move kinda feels hollow after causing an incident.

Anyway, onto Montreal. Love that circuit.

Reactions: Tekesh

Osterkamp

4-time AOR iRacing Open Wheel Champion
Premium Member
Mar 15, 2015
Never thought to win the feature race after being 11th in practise. But luckly i was able to qualify for p2 and quickly pass @Ycoms for p1 in the race :joyful:

for the sprint race i had a decent start but i had to adjust driving with other cars around me which was more difficult than i thought. After a couple of laps i was side by side going into turn 2 with @Gunar Nijenhuis. But he unfortunately spun out ( or we touched??? but i had no message of an 0x. If we touched i want to apologize).
Quickly after that i was on a good way to the top 5 but my left rear tyre touched the grass and i spun out :(

Overall quite a successfull and fun evening :happy:

Hoff

FR2.0 S4 Pre-Season Sprint Race Winner
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2014
Qualy:
I suck though it could have been some wing damage. 24th.

Feature:

Kept my nose clean and raced my race. Was on for 12th then @FisiFan91 came out behind me in the pit phase after being about 7 seconds ahead. I am guessing wing damage and a long pit stop?

In the dying moments I managed to keep @J-F Godin behind me which pleased me a great deal and I got 11th. Gaining 13 positions I believe is a record for me.

Sprint:

Started 9th or 10th and after gaining some spots, I had some trouble getting by @StevieSQ by managed to do so after about 2-3 laps. With @Erti147 in sight this felt like an eternity but I was able to close the gap and take him after he got cramp which is properly unlucky for him and extremely fortuitous for myself. Brought her home for a personal best of 5th and felt super hooked up towards the end. I even managed to keep @Christian Koch honest for a little while in his draft. Would love to see what my fastest time was from the sprint race compared to others.

@Ycoms, just watched your video and that is a very special lap. Grats on the pole.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Race 1 - Bit of a nightmare.

Spun on lap one into Maggots, got caught out a bit by cars slowing and spun myself around. Top driving from everyone to avoid me. Thanks <3

Then had a hilarious braking issue into Abbey and fell off the road. Had contact with 2 cars out of Luffield, not sure who, but we were 3 wide and someone turned into me.

Other things happened. I had a fight with Gianni and either I braked late or he braked early, but I ended up having to fall off the road in avoidance into Abbey. By half distance I had 13 incident points. Got 2 points... divided by half. You do the math.

Race 2 - POLE.

Basically didn't fight too hard, but I wasn't letting people pass me in stupid places. If you went for the inside of Copse, I'd let it go. If you went to the inside at Abbey, I let it go. If you tried to get me at Maggots, I was going to fight you.

Soon slowly fell down the order, until I quickly fell down the order when I dropped it from 8thish at Maggots-ish.

At which point I decided to hell with it, and started fighting.

In the past few sprint races, I've really not fought people. I've just dropped down the order steadily. And whilst it yields points, it's really not fun. So I started fighting and the first person who I decided to battle was the feature race winner @Osterkamp !

This might honestly be the best "fight" I've had in this league. I've had a lot with Plumley, which are always fun. But this was holding off a super fast guy. It was as fair as it can be. No stupid moves. Brilliant stuff.

Fell away after that. Had 13th in the bag. Until half a lap to go, where I spun and tried to fend off Andy and Phil. I failed.

Overall, mixed emotions.

Christian Koch

AOR iRacing 2-time Formula Renault 2.0 Champion
Apr 5, 2016
Quali:
Impressive and frightening how close the gaps were; i was so happy to have my 3rd lap getting me at least into top 5.
Congratulations @Ycoms for your pole lap, mate!

Feature race:
Due to P5 i was able to keep up with the front - Quali was key here to be able to do so - And i was just sitting there, watching @Gunar Nijenhuis and Aecio (welcome!) fight each other.
When pitstop window came in i was close behind Gunar and was thinking to make a pitstop - as he was doing that, i thought ok...lets do the opposite and hope for the best. That worked out as hoped and P3 was there to grab :)
Congratulations @Osterkamp for the impressive win, well done mate!

sprint race:
P17 at the start, which i messed up and was fighting hard to not lose too many positions; After that, i was totally surprised there was no "Big One" and just looked to not damage the car, while having really great fights on the track!!
There were some really close calls and battles, which were big fun! If you can manage to keep your car together, the sprint race is just pure excitement :)

See you guys in Montreal !

PS: I think Rene made 1 point more than me this evening and grabbed the Event title; is that correct? :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Osterkamp and Ycoms

dFlashAshb

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 3, 2016
Race 1 - Bit of a nightmare.

Spun on lap one into Maggots, got caught out a bit by cars slowing and spun myself around. Top driving from everyone to avoid me. Thanks <3

Then had a hilarious braking issue into Abbey and fell off the road. Had contact with 2 cars out of Luffield, not sure who, but we were 3 wide and someone turned into me.

Other things happened. I had a fight with Gianni and either I braked late or he braked early, but I ended up having to fall off the road in avoidance into Abbey. By half distance I had 13 incident points. Got 2 points... divided by half. You do the math.

Race 2 - POLE.

Basically didn't fight too hard, but I wasn't letting people pass me in stupid places. If you went for the inside of Copse, I'd let it go. If you went to the inside at Abbey, I let it go. If you tried to get me at Maggots, I was going to fight you.

Soon slowly fell down the order, until I quickly fell down the order when I dropped it from 8thish at Maggots-ish.

At which point I decided to hell with it, and started fighting.

In the past few sprint races, I've really not fought people. I've just dropped down the order steadily. And whilst it yields points, it's really not fun. So I started fighting and the first person who I decided to battle was the feature race winner @Osterkamp !

This might honestly be the best "fight" I've had in this league. I've had a lot with Plumley, which are always fun. But this was holding off a super fast guy. It was as fair as it can be. No stupid moves. Brilliant stuff.

Fell away after that. Had 13th in the bag. Until half a lap to go, where I spun and tried to fend off Andy and Phil. I failed.

Overall, mixed emotions.
That was me sorry stevie, for some reason when i saw you in my mirror i thought you had dived into the pit's but you hadn't..

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
That was me sorry stevie, for some reason when i saw you in my mirror i thought you had dived into the pit's but you hadn't..
The culprit reveals himself!

It's fine dude, I thought you were trying to go into the pit lane, and taking me with you lol.

If I'd been killed, or spun out, or pushed off the road then I'd have a bigger problem. It was just that I already had enough incident points already without that :p

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Feature race

Steady start, no incidents. Lap 3 though there was an incident at the hairpin which I slowed for, and then Manuel ran into the back of me, and as I went to save it Manuel was there so I got front wing damage. Held on until the pitstop and must of been net 22nd-25th. Got Erkka near the end. Somehow recovered to 14th

Sprint race

Got past Erkka quickly and then eventually past Stevie at Maggots who said he would fight people there but he didn't so he's a hypocrite lel
Not once all night did I brake at my usual bit for Maggots as I was **** scared of losing it under braking, so people would usually catch up there. Luke was catching and was benefiting from this, although big Koch was behind us and there was an inevitability he would pass us.
Unfortunately I didn't really get to fight for this as with about 4 laps to go I got cramp in my left foot. This excruciating pain went on for 2 laps - I even tried to stand up to help get it away but it came back. Had to let Patrick though as well. Luckily cramp went away for last 2 laps so I could hold on for 7th from Adam

I actually left my house earlier in the day to walk to the barbers, first exercise in about a week being on holiday.....probably what caused the cramp later on. Won't be going for a haircut on a Friday every again lol

Reactions: Hoff

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
Never really felt comfortable during the feature race. Made way too many mistakes and was lucky to have finished the race.

In the sprint race we did touch @Osterkamp ... :( Racing incident though in my opinion.
Then someone spun into me when waiting to safely rejoin the track and the race was pretty much over.

Please never ever this layout for me again. Love Silverstone....hate this.

With my 2nd DNS week next race I basically don't have any races to drop at all so it's going to be extremely hard to contest for the championship. But I already knew this weeks ago.

Good luck everyone in Montreal!

Osterkamp

4-time AOR iRacing Open Wheel Champion
Premium Member
Mar 15, 2015
:( oh no. It must be a really small contact because i felt nothing and had no message of an contact therefore i thought you spun under braking. Unfortunately i have not seen the replay and did not save it but i feel the need to apologize. Really sad to see the Championship contender drop out of a race like this.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
then eventually past Stevie at Maggots who said he would fight people there but he didn't so he's a hypocrite lel
You will now fight your way through. Every time. You thought Waldo was annoying at Spa.

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
:( oh no. It must be a really small contact because i felt nothing and had no message of an contact therefore i thought you spun under braking. Unfortunately i have not seen the replay and did not save it but i feel the need to apologize. Really sad to see the Championship contender drop out of a race like this.
Yeah it was a very small touch but no need to apologise. Really a racing incident. It is unfortunate to go out like that but no hard feelings mate.

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
Not the best night. Embarrassed myself by spinning coming into the pits and getting stuck facing the wrong way in the feature race. Got damage on the car about lap 8/9 of the sprint race that stopped any hopes of gaining more spots. 9th is a decent enough consolation nice to have both infinity drivers in the top 10 :).

Well done to both winners last night

Last edited:
Reactions: Lorrentz