AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship Season 4 - Sign Up & Info | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship Season 4 - Sign Up & Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014

Introduction:

Welcome to Season 4 of the AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship, where we are introducing a brand new race format to hopefully shake up the action on track! We will be having two races per night, one longer 'Feature Race' with a mandatory pit-stop, and one shorter 'Sprint Race' starting off with a reversed grid. Some other new bits will be added as well - please read the below info to learn more.

We are proud to continue AOR's tradition of providing free league racing, so there will be no mandatory entry fee, however we hope to achieve sufficient donations to cover the costs of a broadcast arrangement for the season.

Update: We are happy to have reached a broadcast deal for this season! All of this season's races will be streamed live by GSRC on their Youtube channel!

General Information:

What day and time do events start?
Race nights will begin every Friday from 19:30 UK time (GMT), with qualifying commencing at 20:30.

When will the season start? The first race of the season will run in the first week of the 2017 S1 season. The race calendar follows the official iRacing schedule. More info here.

How do I get involved in this? You will need to express your interest in this thread, and confirm that interest once the deadline has passed to complete your entry. When you are signed up through this website, you must then head to here to also apply to be a part of the league on iRacing.

What are the entry requirements? You will need to have a licence class of D Class 4.00 or above. You are free to sign up during pre-season regardless, but you will be denied entry upon the start of the season if you do not meet the requirement. You are also expected to be active on the forum in order to receive the latest updates and session passwords.

How do I register as part of a team? Simply state your team preferences in this thread - the name of your team and name of the driver you're teaming up with. There will be a maximum of 2 drivers per team at any one time. Drivers can be changed but this will need to be authorised by the League Coordinators.

How many spaces are available?
There will be a maximum of 35 spaces, with a reserve list (maximum of 10 at one time). If all of the spaces have been allocated, the sign up thread will be closed until a seat has been vacated.

What happens if I'm on the reserve list? All drivers on the reserve list will be approached every week by the League Coordinators who will offer you a seat in place of an absent driver. Please keep active on the forums in order to receive these messages and accept any potential invites. Members that are inactive on the forums for two weeks will be removed from the reserve list.

Can I participate in a 'one off' race? We will not be accepting one off 'wildcard' entries for drivers who wish to dip their toe in the water. It is recommended that you get to know the car in the official iRacing series before committing to the league. Once you sign up, you are expected to participate across all twelve race nights.

How is the Championship structured? The Championship consists of twelve race nights including a Feature Race and a Sprint Race at the same circuit.

There will be two drop weeks, meaning that the points score from your two worst race nights (Feature Race and Sprint Race combined) will be dropped at the completion of the season.

Race night structure?
● 60-minute practice session
● 10-minute qualifying (maximum 2 laps allowed)
● 40-minute Feature Race (grid based on qualifying, mandatory pit-stop)
● 25-minute Sprint Race (grid reversed* based on Feature Race results)

*Only drivers who finished on the lead lap in the Feature Race will be part of the reversed order. Drivers who don't meet this requirement can still participate, but will start from the back.

More details can be found in the rules thread.

Are setups permitted?
The Championship is open to setup modification.

What is the points system? The points system differs between the Feature Race and the Sprint Race. In addition to normal points for finishing positions, one additional point is handed out for pole position (Feature Race only), fastest lap and completing a race with 0x incidents.

Full details on points scoring can be found in the rules thread.

Are there any recommended files to download? If you so wish to create your own team livery you can find the Formula Renault 2.0 template under the "Paint" section of the iRacing website. Trading Paints is recommended to upload and show off your livery on race nights as well as making the rest of the grid look suited and booted!

Will there be any coverage of the races? We hope to achieve a live broadcast for the league this season, however this will depend on donations from drivers. More info on this is coming soon.

Driver List:

Below is the list of drivers who have expressed an interest in competing in this league. You will need to further confirm your interest once the deadline passes in order to claim your space on the grid.

Priority will be given to drivers who took part in at least 7 rounds in Season 3, but there will be several spaces available beyond this. The priority deadline is set to Friday 9th December at 18:00 UK time.

Please make your entry in the following format:
Number preference - Name - Nationality - Team (if applicable) - Licence

*Car #1 is reserved for the AOR FR2.0 Season 3 Champion.
Number priority will be given to last season's drivers as per the AOR Driver Number List.

35/35 spaces taken
6 on reserve list

#034 Laurens de Rijk @Lorrentz
- Netherlands - Infinity Racing - B 2.86
#3 Christian A Koch @Christian Koch - Austria - Vektor Pure Racing Team - A 3.60

#4 Alexander Waldo @The Genius - Sweden - Team Terrapin - B 3.54
#7 Stephen Chambers3 @StevieSQ - UK - Team Terrapin - A 2.42
#9 Christoph Holstein @Ycoms - Switzerland - Quantum Motorsport - D 4.41
#10 Luke WS White @Hoff - UK - North Atlantic Racing - B 1.93
#14 Jeroen Kweekel @xOwnage133 - Netherlands - Origin Front Row Racing - A 3.94
#15 Richard Arnaud @SF Schumri - France - Real Championship RED - C 3.23
#19 Dan Brewer @RandyMcScrandy1 - UK - Origin Front Row Racing - A 3.14
#20 Knut Martinsen @FisiFan91 - Norway - Force Fisi - A 4.99
#22 Jouni Silvasti @lokitekki - Finland - Privateer - B 4.99

#23 Manuel Heuer @heuer91 - Austria - Vektor Evo MR - C 3.01
#26 Jarno Heerts @futor - Netherlands - Berlin Simsport - B 3.40
#27 Vittorio Saltalamacchia @VICSALT - UK - Kinduci Racing - B 2.75
#28 Christoph Leister @Leister-Meister - Austria - LM Rennsport - A 2.73
#29 René Osterkamp @Osterkamp - Germany - Vektor Evo MR - A 4.78
#32 Lee N Robinson @xII robo IIx - UK - Force Fisi - C 2.87
#35 Kerry Knowlden @Kez - UK&I - Privateer - A 2.63
#44 Phil Reid @McPhilen - UK - Fusion Motorsport - C 3.49
#47 Odd Jonas Willmann @Brinkk - Norway - Illuminate Racing - B 2.35
#53 Adam Tierney @UrBaNz Octane x - UK - Quantum Motorsport - A 3.62
#54 Gunar Nijenhuis @Gunar Nijenhuis - Netherlands - Fusion Motorsport - B 4.42
#64 Dylan Hember @Dylan Hember - UK - Illuminate Racing - C 3.27

#70 Patrick Kessler2 @Patrick Kessler - Switzerland - LM Rennsport - A 3.62
#77 Hugo Preto @Hugo - Portugal - TNT Racing - A3.76
#86 Janick Nijenhuis @Janick Nijenhuis - Netherlands - Carbon Racing Orange - B3.26

#89 Kristian Takacs @Synergi - Norway - Privateer - A 3.29
#99 Jean-Francois Godin @J-F Godin - Canada -
Vektor Evo Sonic - B 4.99
#107 Silvio Hirt @Silvio - Germany - TBOF Racing - A 4.60
#147 Robert Plumley @Robert Plumley - UK - Kinduci Racing - A 3.10
#177 Sara Dove @Rin Hato - UK - Mercury Racing - B 2.48
#222 Andy Cowey @camo - UK -
Vektor Evo Sonic - A 3.20
#316 Tye Macleod @Tye - UK - Infinity Racing - C 2.04
#888 Fredrik Beckman @frejo - Sweden - Team Tortoise - A 2.47
#999 Evan RT Imray @Erti147 - UK - Team Tortoise - A 4.98

Reserve/Waiting List:

#60 Darren Potter @Richtofen
- UK - Mercury Racing - A 3.62
#46 Mark Forte @Mark Forte - UK - Privateer - D 4.00
#83 Ryan Littlemore @RyanL83 - UK - ApexRacingUK - A 3.25
#95 Saeid Jahromi @SaeidJ - Iran - Privateer - C 3.47
#25 Coen Roetgerink @Coen Roetgerink - Netherlands - Privateer - C3.53
#612 Ben Scott4 @BenScott4 - UK - Privateer - A 3.44

Drivers placed on the Reserve/Waiting List must remain active on the forums to receive opportunities to race. Drivers inactive on the forums for more than 2 weeks will be automatically removed.

Last edited:

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
#44 Phil Reid @McPhilen - UK - Fusion Motorsport - C 3.45

Also, announcing (as you may have guessed by the sign up), I am forming a new team in Fusion Motorsport. I can also announce my new team mate for the season in @Gunar Nijenhuis which I am very excited for. I suspect he will be quite fast, as history shows. Our aim will be to win the teams championship. Also, here is a screen shot of our new car:

Lets go racing! looking forward to this one!

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Unfortunately, I've had to sell my setup, so I won't be taking part. Thank you for the tag nonetheless, @McPhilen I greatly appreciate it.
Forgot about that. Well, I can only say I hope to see you in the future back here one day!

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
#8 (#7 If Christian doesn't sign up pls)
I've added a thing to the driver number list that allows drivers to keep their number for an additional season, even if they do not sign up.

• Faff
Reactions: Stevie

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
#034 Laurens de Rijk @Lorrentz - Benelux - Infinity Racing - B 2.86
#316 Tye Macleod @Tye - UK&I - Infinity Racing - C 2.04

p.s. like I said before I am willing to pay the broadcast thingie for coming season (need to get rid of my money)
And as a thanks for that I can send pictures of Swedish girls, not my sister though.

• Funny
Reactions: Lorrentz
Status
Not open for further replies.