AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship Season 4 - Sign Up & Info | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship Season 4 - Sign Up & Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
I actually expect this streak to be broken tonight*. For the first time in absolute ages (at least since increasing the grid size) we are tonight in a situation where we can't invite all available reserves to the race (due to few announced no-shows and many reserves).

Of course it's a shame in the sense that I'd want to get everyone on the grid who wants to race, but it's quite crazy really when considering before the season we thought we'd be lucky to even get over 30 drivers, and now here we are! :)

*This is assuming nobody no-shows unannounced. If so happens I shall be mad.
imagine 35 cars on brands hatch that first corner :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting: (didn't count if there are 35...:p)

Jarnoh

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 13, 2015
So thats two people who dont want me in the race? :b
Nahh :) The really fast people have to sign up for BSR for an example :) I like the way the league works at the moment with drivers from all sort of ratings (pace-based). It makes the races interesting to watch aswell on multiple sides of the track. :)

"a pace-based grid would also be in conflict with the spirit of the league as i have learned to know it; for that there are other options now like the BSR for example."

Dylan Hember

Pro Karter
Jul 26, 2014
I dont want splits.
The reason why I’m here is because that I want to learn how I can go faster. This is not possible when you race with people they have the same pace like you. I think, everyone wants to improve the speed and beat the next opponent
100% agree, for me, being one of those backmarkers, you want to be racing against the fastest guys to be able to become faster. You might be 2-3 seconds a lap slower, and work on setup, braking points, telemetry etc to shorten that gap! We don't want to stay at the back! haha

And also, if we did split the grid, at the moment we have 42 signed up I believe (Including reserves). If we split that in have and had 21 drivers on the grid, I think the racing, and the broadcast stream, would really miss those other 14 cars.

Reactions: Jarnoh

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Good to see you guys back but it is sad that there is some backmarkers that have privilege to race before you.
It just makes me angry that Christian even donated money but he can not race.
This should be 2 split race as i said before.
I don't want to sound mean but that is how the life is sometimes.
Life is mean, AOR isn't. AOR is fair. Says it right there at the top of the page.

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Good to see you guys back but it is sad that there is some backmarkers that have privilege to race before you.
It just makes me angry that Christian even donated money but he can not race.
This should be 2 split race as i said before.
I don't want to sound mean but that is how the life is sometimes.
I see your point of view but I don't agree with it. I don't think it's fair that more competitive drivers should have a 'privilige' attributed to them. At the end of the day myself and Christian gave up our seats willingly and accepted we would lose them when we left. One or a group of drivers cannot hold a special membership and jump in and out of races of their choosing because it would just lead to not only unnecessary admin work for the co-ordinators, but the reputation of the league as a whole would spiral because people would think it's a private club and that it revolves around certain individuals.

It's also very clear that the league does not run a pay-to-race operation here. Donations are accepted because the money is used towards the maintainence of the league, but they should certainly not be used as an entry fee or a 'bribe' to get in. Christian and other drivers have donated because they support the league and want to see more of what it produces - the organisation, the effort and the broadcasting. That doesn't just apply to this season, but over the entirety of the last 2 years.

Two splits will never be a viable option until the league is satisfied that it would be able to run at maximum capacity in both splits, and it would be in the best interests of the league. This was a position I took and held firm on when I was co-ordinating the iRacing setup. Splitting 40 drivers into 20 car races is not as fun for driver or viewer than a 35 car one, in my opinion. And when the league can't even produce full 35 car races currently (although I think I'm about to eat my words tonight), it doesn't make sense.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Welcome @Josh Thompson, you actually take the final spot on the reserve list!

Unfornately @Igor, that means that we are at full capacity and so we'll be closing sign ups for now. However, should a space open, you'll be put straight onto the list!

Thanks.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
I see your point of view but I don't agree with it. I don't think it's fair that more competitive drivers should have a 'privilige' attributed to them. At the end of the day myself and Christian gave up our seats willingly and accepted we would lose them when we left. One or a group of drivers cannot hold a special membership and jump in and out of races of their choosing because it would just lead to not only unnecessary admin work for the co-ordinators, but the reputation of the league as a whole would spiral because people would think it's a private club and that it revolves around certain individuals.

It's also very clear that the league does not run a pay-to-race operation here. Donations are accepted because the money is used towards the maintainence of the league, but they should certainly not be used as an entry fee or a 'bribe' to get in. Christian and other drivers have donated because they support the league and want to see more of what it produces - the organisation, the effort and the broadcasting. That doesn't just apply to this season, but over the entirety of the last 2 years.

Two splits will never be a viable option until the league is satisfied that it would be able to run at maximum capacity in both splits, and it would be in the best interests of the league. This was a position I took and held firm on when I was co-ordinating the iRacing setup. Splitting 40 drivers into 20 car races is not as fun for driver or viewer than a 35 car one, in my opinion. And when the league can't even produce full 35 car races currently (although I think I'm about to eat my words tonight), it doesn't make sense.
On top of that you heard evan in his interview...our team tortoise driver was 3 seconds off the pace when he joined and now he runs top 10-15 by ease...

Reactions: Jarnoh and Erti147

Steve Kagerer

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 4, 2015
Hi everyone, just wanted to tell you all that I am officially retiring from the Formula Renault series. I've grown less and less enthusiastic about the car and for a while now I really only drive it on race day. I like racing here and the competition level is a real challenge but I just can not keep driving a car I don't enjoy driving and it's unfair for me to take a spot that someone else would be happy to fill. Hope you all keep this up and keep having fun and when you eventually change to a different car I'll probably try racing again if there's a spot for me. Cheers!

UrBaNz Octane x

AOR iRacing Formula Renault 2.0 S7 Champion
Jul 27, 2015
Hi everyone, just wanted to tell you all that I am officially retiring from the Formula Renault series. I've grown less and less enthusiastic about the car and for a while now I really only drive it on race day. I like racing here and the competition level is a real challenge but I just can not keep driving a car I don't enjoy driving and it's unfair for me to take a spot that someone else would be happy to fill. Hope you all keep this up and keep having fun and when you eventually change to a different car I'll probably try racing again if there's a spot for me. Cheers!
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Reactions: Steve Kagerer

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Cheers for the memories Steve, hope to see you back at some point!

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Sad to hear that, Steve. It's always a shame to see such a long standing member leave, but it is also completely understandable. I hope in the future that you'll return if/when a new suitable car is released. Hopefully that is sooner rather than later.

Also to add, at least you made it to the 100 race mark!

Last edited:

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Update:

Because of Steve leaving, we have promoted Richard from the reserves to be a full time driver. With that, along with the removal of a couple of reserves, there are now 3 spots open for reserve driver roles, so sign ups for said reserve role, for the time being are now open once again.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
But... but.... #TeamSteve

Had a few battles with you since joining, and always a fair fight. Come back soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.