AOR Forza 6 League Interest Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Forza 6 League Interest Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atticus

F1 2010 Season 1 Veteran
May 4, 2015
Where did I say all? I have a Gallardo, Bentley, 787B and some other cars, including all the touring cars and the f1 car haha
I thought about buying the F1 car but then i saw you can get it as a prize spin so ill wait till i hit that lol

Jamie

Formula Karter
Apr 10, 2014
I honestly think the racing line should be banned. With the inclusion of night racing in this game the racing line would just ruin it.

I've been using the racing line on every game for the last 5 years and it isn't until you turn it off you realise how much of a hindrance it is having it on. I've been racing on FM6 for 2 days with all assists off and it's the most fun I've had on a racing game for ages. I truly do recommend people who are against banning the racing line turn it off, practice for a day and you'll get the hang of it. It's so rewarding when you get a decent lap without a green line guiding you.

ALMS PLS

Last edited:

Atticus

F1 2010 Season 1 Veteran
May 4, 2015
Night racing would be great but we should concentrate on a small series to start like the BTCC which has always provided the best close racing.

wilDtub

Pro Karter
Mar 25, 2014
I would not take part in a series where braking line, normal steering are banned. I'm not a pro gamer or racing driver. I race clean, reasonably competitively and most of all for fun

Troyfmcg

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I turned the line off yesterday, As I've played most of the tracks on forza on previous editions and other games I didn't struggle with it, I even raced Le Mans at night (The Mulsanne is darker than a ginger's soul... OH WAIT) and I was a bit slower on the first lap as I had to feel my way around but I got faster and caught then overtook the people infront of me.

I can understand why you guys want it off, I'm not really for it or against it as it's a choice option.

Do what you want, it is your league and i'll sign up either way as I like the racing haha

• Agree
Reactions: Joe XD

Joe XD

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 8, 2014
Here's where I stand on this...

At the end of the day, the organisers are more likely going to do what's best for the majority for sign ups, @Kptk92 has already said nothing is set in stone and they are taking all points under consideration, so we can only express our opinions on the matter - whether the final decision is the one you want or not. What you've also got to remember is that most of the people who have signed up probably don't even have the game yet.

The people who use racing line generally don't have the time to practice and learn the tracks, such as myself, believe me I'm currently intending to run with everything off as I do on project cars but If I don't find the time to learn the tracks due to Uni work or whatever I'd have it on to be safe more than anything else, which is why I've said I'll probably use it. That's me though, and I'm sure some others have the same opinion.

I had most of the assists on for a long time, but when you do turn them off the whole race is a lot more rewarding, even if you don't win - after a few races you'll get used to it not being there and braking zones do eventually become second nature, it did take me a while (and a lot of rage :p) to get used to that. I would suggest that when people do get the game to turn everything off, but all they want to do is have some fun online races (without hours and hours of practice each week to be at least competitive) - which as we all know you don't get anymore unless you're part of a league such as AOR.

Finally, I'd personally, I'd rather see a larger, more competitive, field of cars than do night/wet racing in the first season.

Also, those of you with the game, can you remove the liveries off the touring cars and make your own? :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Devastation

Lewis_Tids

F1 Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Can you race on Thursdays? Yes
Gamertag: beastietidds
Nationality: British
Assists Preferences: Auto Gears, Racing Line (Depending on tracks, if I haven't driven before, I use it), Stability Control.

Super GT

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 15, 2015
Hi guys, some of you may already know me back from the LRL days. Anyway, I'm certainly interested in getting some proper racing done rather than the crashfest normal hoppers.

Gamertag: I Super GT I
Nationality: UK
Assists Preferences: No Assists, Manual w/ Clutch

UrBaNz Octane x

AOR iRacing Formula Renault 2.0 S7 Champion
Jul 27, 2015
Can you race on Thursdays? yes
Gamertag: UrBaNz Octane x
Nationality: United Kingdom
Assists Preferences: Auto clutch

Reactions: McPhilen

Biifster

Pro Karter
Apr 12, 2014
I honestly think the racing line should be banned. With the inclusion of night racing in this game the racing line would just ruin it.

I've been using the racing line on every game for the last 5 years and it isn't until you turn it off you realise how much of a hindrance it is having it on. I've been racing on FM6 for 2 days with all assists off and it's the most fun I've had on a racing game for ages. I truly do recommend people who are against banning the racing line turn it off, practice for a day and you'll get the hang of it. It's so rewarding when you get a decent lap without a green line guiding you.

ALMS PLS
I agree, for me having the racing line on seems very arcade like rather than sim. I'd be interested to know how many drivers would change there mind after turning the racing line off and trying it for a day or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TC92

GP2 Test Driver
May 19, 2014
Gamertag: TomChambers92
Nationality: British (Eng)
Assists Preferences: Manual

Reactions: McPhilen

EMR Europa

F1 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
I see this as a great idea, and do see the Le Mans series league that has been started, however banning TCS in LMP1 is questionable, seeing as over 99% of the top rivals leaderboard times in P class use TCS and the LeMans series rules do actually permit TCS and it is detailed here: http://www.joest-racing.de/en/index.php/cars/single/der-naechste-audi-r18-e-tron-quattro that the car has built in TCS. Just a thought because with simulation damage turned on the possibility of crashing is very very high in a car like the Audi R18, just my opinion, would like to know the league organisers think to this point?
Thanks

Troyfmcg

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
the possibility of crashing is very very high in a car like the Audi R18
If you crash that car then you clearly shouldn't be racing the car, Tc banned is to ensure it is equal for everyone instead of having it like racing in a half and half or majority tc league.

• Agree
Reactions: x Shuffle

EMR Europa

F1 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
If you crash that car then you clearly shouldn't be racing the car, Tc banned is to ensure it is equal for everyone instead of having it like racing in a half and half or majority tc league.
Lol im not saying I would crash a P class car I have Number 1 on Senoma GP in P class rivals, I'm just saying that the banning of TC isn't strictly realistic in such a car.

Troyfmcg

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Lol im not saying I would crash a P class car I have Number 1 on Senoma GP in P class rivals, I'm just saying that the banning of TC isn't strictly realistic in such a car.
Probably with TC, and in the Mazda, Leaderboards are pointless haha

Status
Not open for further replies.