PS4 - AOR Ginetta G40 Junior League - Calendar | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Ginetta G40 Junior League - Calendar

manbearpig

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 22, 2017
Quick question about race two at Oulton...

It's reverse-grid from the positions you finished in race one, but what about retirements? Do they start at the front or at the back? In real racing retired cars start behind all of the finishers usually, but I just watched some footage from the race on PC and they were put to the front.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, I've read through the rules and league info but didn't see it!

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Quick question about race two at Oulton...

It's reverse-grid from the positions you finished in race one, but what about retirements? Do they start at the front or at the back? In real racing retired cars start behind all of the finishers usually, but I just watched some footage from the race on PC and they were put to the front.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, I've read through the rules and league info but didn't see it!
I acctually haven't thought of that! Good point. What do you say @C-FOGARTY @mpc-v1 @NICK-NITRO

Reactions: manbearpig

mpc-v1

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
Oct 20, 2015
Personally they should start from the back. If they've not finished the race then they shouldn't get priority of starting at the front. Doing it the other way could also be used tactically - i.e finishing mid way but need big points then you could retire and get to start from the front in race 2 allowing you to get the big points. Also starting from the back would mean that there's more of an emphasis to finish the race. Just my opinion though.

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Personally they should start from the back. If they've not finished the race then they shouldn't get priority of starting at the front. Doing it the other way could also be used tactically - i.e finishing mid way but need big points then you could retire and get to start from the front in race 2 allowing you to get the big points. Also starting from the back would mean that there's more of an emphasis to finish the race. Just my opinion though.
What you say makes a lot of sense and I agree with that. And it is what @manbearpig said how it's is done in real life.

• Agree
Reactions: FOGGY #7

Carlw1986

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 12, 2016
I Don't know why we dont do 5 litres in qualifying last ten minutes any way and people are being sly not putting the 40 litres in