PS4 - AOR Ginetta Junior League - R1: Oulton Park Island | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Ginetta Junior League - R1: Oulton Park Island

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
oh!...really sorry if that was the case, I don't even remember that happening if I'm completely honest, I'll check my PoV.
Hey bud, I've just checked my PoV (1:04:50) posted in the earlier threads but see below... looks like you accidently tagged my rear..im driving straight then my car jerks left so that's why I'm assuming it was tagged. Again really sorry.

iSuperScrub

4 Time AOR Project Cars 1 Champion
Mar 29, 2014
In regards to penalties its very easy to just say keep it on track but lets be real you don't even have to be off the track on certain corners on project cars to get a penalty. I personally don't have a problem if the penalties are very strict just as long as everyone is given the same penalty for the same mistake but in Race 1 at the last corner on lap 4 @iSuperScrub goes quite wide and doesn't get a slow down @Carlw1986 goes less wide than @iSuperScrub and gets +4seconds i go less wide than @Carlw1986 im not even sure im all the way off track and i get +35seconds not sure why we all got different punishments but its very weird.

View attachment 35437
I did get a penalty for it same as you 35 seconds, but i backed off as i ran wide thats why carl got down the inside.

KrypticTMG

F1 2nd Driver
Apr 4, 2015
Take it to stewards and ask for a unfair penalty removal and provide your footage.
I was going too but then i thought about the difficulties it would create for race two as it means the starting grid would have been different so others may or may not of had a different results in the second race if you know what i mean, But i may do and see what happens.

KrypticTMG

F1 2nd Driver
Apr 4, 2015
I did get a penalty for it same as you 35 seconds, but i backed off as i ran wide thats why carl got down the inside.
Really because it looked like you penalty got awarded for going wide with the contact at Turn 1 because your penalty came up at the hairpin Turn 3, me @Carlw1986 got ours at the exact same time at Turn 2.

• Agree
Reactions: CJBMX702

Phoenix_

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 24, 2017
Really because it looked like you penalty got awarded for going wide with the contact at Turn 1 because your penalty came up at the hairpin Turn 3, me @Carlw1986 got ours at the exact same time at Turn 2.
I'm not sure @KrypticTMG but I think in your case it was a combination of going wide, not lifting, and going too much into the curb on turn 1. I had penalties during practice for going too much inside in that same spot.

kyleburleigh5437

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 2, 2018
Hey bud, I've just checked my PoV (1:04:50) posted in the earlier threads but see below... looks like you accidently tagged my rear..im driving straight then my car jerks left so that's why I'm assuming it was tagged. Again really sorry.

Mybe I did then, sorry, I just can't couldn't see you in my pov either. I'll put that down to experience.

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
Yes I mentioned it [more than once] to Deaf ears :angelic: Completely ignored. More than a frustration last night. Mics need to be off once racing has begun. All I could hear was very loud clunking and clicking noises from somebody's wheel most of the races last night. Things need to be done and said quickly and we can't really let this continue. Fingers crossed for Rnd 2.
apparently I was contributing to the noise which surprised me as my mike is always too low (I can often be heard calling any body hear me). Checked it out and yep too high, my nephew has admitted he turned it up, I suppose I should have checked. It will not happen again.

• Winner
Reactions: FOGGY #7

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
Its just doing more harm to races, than good IMO. The racing has been poor to say the least! Since it was introduced to us - I Cant stand it and is just causing more trouble than its worth. Too arcady IMO .
Can we run without it turned on? Which will put us back to lots of cutting again?

I have run 3 races now in the Ginetta and never once received a penalty, I'm a good boy lol :angelic:

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
Mybe I did then, sorry, I just can't couldn't see you in my pov either. I'll put that down to experience.
Same here bud to be honest. Apparently , and i know @C-FOGARTY @YabbaTheHutt will probably sigh with disbelief at this but somewhere you can activate a spotter to tell you where in your proximity the other car is...I need to look into this going forward.

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Can we run without it turned on? Which will put us back to lots of cutting again?

I have run 3 races now in the Ginetta and never once received a penalty, I'm a good boy lol :angelic:
Yep we all gotta be good boys with it on! And Race like robots . I have never been done for track limits, but suppose it helps knowing how to get round a race track properly and respecting the white line Ruling that we race to. A game penalty system is an insult to my racecraft. Lol.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Manx57

GTDevious82

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 24, 2017
You qualified in 4th, in AOR rolling starts pole position always takes the inside for the first corner, the first corner was a right hander so pole position and odd numbers on the right and even numbers on the left.
Yes apologies I miss read the rules, or didn’t read properly and came to my own conclusion, hope it didn’t effect your race to much. See you at rnd2! :angelic:

NumptyNed

F1 Reserve Driver
Jul 15, 2016
I have spotter on and crew chief, I think spotter is set as authentic instead of just on, and I don’t recall hearing anything other than pit for damage, so will try constantly on.
If you have it set to authentic then you will only have the spotter for motorsports that have them in real life, which I believe is just Rally Cross.

Yes apologies I miss read the rules, or didn’t read properly and came to my own conclusion, hope it didn’t effect your race to much. See you at rnd2! :angelic:
I don't think it did effect my race to much in the end, it might even of helped by keeping me out of trouble in the first few corners! Either way its water under the bridge now and we move on to the next race (y)

Reactions: GTDevious82

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
I have spotter on and crew chief, I think spotter is set as authentic instead of just on, and I don’t recall hearing anything other than pit for damage, so will try constantly on.
If it is put to authentic, it will only be active in races where spotter is used in real life. So for it to work for us it needs to be set to on at all time (or something like that).

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
Where can i find this in the race menu please?