Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
AOR GTSport League GT2/3/4: Interest Thread

20180803135305.jpg

Hi everyone

Welcome to the interest thread for the next AOR Gran Turismo Sport League Series. Here, we'll look to gauge the interest in an AOR league being started on the newest Gran Turismo game. We're in quite early stages of planning right now, so we will allow people to vote on regarding the race night; either Wednesday or Thursday.

Everybody will race everybody for the first 6-7 race nights and the last race night the best 16 will race for final Elite Championship in the Gold Race/s. The next 16 will race for the Pro Championship and so forth. The last series that started with 3 tiers (48 drivers) would have resulted in two Championships, as there was less than 32 left for the last race.

The rules will roughly follow:
  • Gr.2, 3 or 4 car class
  • Fixed setups
  • Weekly Tier qualifyer fx the night before
  • 15 minute race night qualifying (maybe only for gold race)
  • 45-60 minute Races or two 30 min races
  • 7-8 Round Calendar or maybe just 6 rounds giving time to run one more before Christmas (TBC) maybe to disregard one, apart from the last
  • Last race night will be a "gold race" (more on how that's done later)
Comment from 23-08:
I'm thinking of waiting till September 1st. before deciding what to do. Atm. We're 17 interested, but not not all can race the same night, so probably We're looking at 14-15 ready to go and I would at least like to have a full grid from the start.
Also it looks like it's going to be Gr.3 (GT3) with 2 races 40 min and a reverse 20 min.

Comment from 05-09:
I'm currently working on the sign-up thread and rules and so on. Plan atm. is to start racing Thursday Oct. 4th with 8 rounds, that means finale November 22nd. It seems to me that there are most votes on Gr.3 and 2 x 30 min races (or a longer and a shorter). Setups will be fixed and with BoP.

I'm also thinking of making a 4 round Christmas series, that will start with Gr.4 and end with. Gr. 1 (We will NOT be racing Christmas day 25th).

Long term plan is to make a Gr.4 series in January/February, before reverting to Gr.2 in March. But maybe I get tired long before that, We'll see.

Comment from 12-09:
It's coming now To AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE SEASON 2

If you are interested in a GTSport league, please post in this thread with:
  • PSN Username:
  • Preferred Race Night: [WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY]
  • Preferred Class: Gr.4, Gr.3 or Gr.2 (Super GT)
  • Preferred Race lenght: 30 or 60 min
  • Any other suggestions regarding the league:
If you have any suggestions or questions, do not hesitate to contact me or leave them in this thread, and we will do our best to take them into consideration.

I'll need some (2 or 3) to help on race nights - So please considor if You could be that someone

1. @West408, Thursday, Any Class, Any race lenghts
  2. @Delaney , Not monday, Any Class, Any race lenghts
  3. @AOR Gizmo, Any day, Any Class, Any race lenghts
  4. @Danny_C_AFC, Any day, Any Class, 45-60 min
  5. @Ashracer2011, Any day, Gr. 3 or 4, 2 x 30 min
  6. @BL99DY-NINE, Any day, Gr. 2 or 3, 60 min
  7. @SmokingPuppy841,
  8. @EVR Matt212, Wednesday, Gr.4, 60min
  9. @Fede73Vr (Pillopaus), Thursday, Any Class, 2 x 30 min
  10. @1.MSC, Thursday, Gr.2, 40-60 min
  11. @HoonigaN96 (xZePhyR96x), Any day (monday), Gr.2, 2 x 30 min
  12. @Browneskiii, Any day?, Only Gr4, 60 min
  13. @SEAN-GBR, Any day (thursday), Any Class, 2 x 30 min
  14. @hollowdene, Any day (thursday), Any Class (Gr4), 60 min
  15. @jamie-995, Thursday, Gr.3 or 2, 40/20min
  16. @x Shuffle, Wednesday, Gr.2 or 3, 40/R20 min
  17. @sp0rtl1fe, Wednesday (not Thursday), Any Class, Any Lenghts
  18. @Wobbuffet ?
  19. @King Judah (Lord Anaxus), Wednesday, Gr.3, 2 x 30 min
  20. @FakeOrpheus22, Thursday (or weekend), Gr.4, 45 min
  21. @Andrei Codreanu (Chazy90), Monday, Gr.2 or 3, 45 min
  22. @Greyskulll13 (Daztoon), Any day -sunday, Gr.2 or 3, 60 min
  23. @Tomji_, Wednesday, Any class, 30 min

@Joseph Willows, @RGT hayc, @Ff1595, @F1fan15, @Xdearagony, @HerrKurwa, @EVR_Archie, @Nacho24, @Sabba7h, @ThatFozzyFella, @IntergalacticGentleman
@Solenx86, @RacingGamer55, @x Shuffle, @LJM_Stevo, @Wobbuffet, @Shellay, @jake_lfc01, @HRacingGreen, @CianG-4, @SwOiL, @alexukr, @ItzFrisky_CJ, @CallumS44, @TNR_FILO
@msvance23, @cbckly917, @Andrei Codreanu, @BearTaiko, @Bankai_Bullett, @Hasnain, @--VAGlenn--, @davidblanco1990, @Zonander_, @Nexus1011, @Gabri04Martin, @wisok, @Bexan2000, @alvarobenjamin92, @sotogun_82

Last edited:
Reactions: FisiFan91

West408

Semi-Pro Karter
May 7, 2018
PSN: West308
Race Night: Thursdays
Class: Any, We have tried Gr2, maybe another?
Race length: 60min

Reactions: Delaney

Farewell AOR

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 27, 2017
  • PSN Username: AORGizmo
  • Preferred Race Night: Any
  • Preferred Class: Any
  • Preferred Race length: Any
Hello @Delaney if you would like help. I would like to offer my help as I love racing in AOR. Would i become a GT Coordinator as I like to share some ideas

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
  • PSN Username: Ashracer2011
  • Preferred Race Night: Any - Traditionally Monday has been a GT night however in the past Wednesday has also be used, its important to avoid a clash with the other leagues, so if we can avoid clashing with F1 nights and Pcars then maybe we can influence more drivers to join the leagues who maybe wouldn't if they had another race on those nights.

• Preferred Class: Gr.3 or Gr.4 -
Gr.4 are fairly quick and provide good racing but might seem a bit to slow on "big circuits" like Spa or Monza as there top speeds are not great.

I have found though that the Gr.3 races online multiplayer are generally a lot closer and are quite fun, there are a few issues though with cars like the Ford GT II which has a mega topspeed so maybe a few of those cars could be banned to avoid having an unbalanced field.
  • Preferred Race length: 25-30 mins I would prefer a shorter race or spliting it into two races, last season the long races got extremely boring and not much "Racing" took place as after the first pitstops all the cars were spread out and anyone who had an incident early on faced a long boring lonely race for an hour, I'd like to see shortened races this season because of this problem I would also like to see a mandatory tyre rule to make drivers run different strategies as last season everyone ran the same tyres all the time pitted the same lap and it was like follow the leader for the entire race.
Suggestions

*Ban Super Soft tyres or change the tyre wear to make them wear out after 2 laps, as they aren't good for racing and make it boring.

*Tyre handicap for drivers who came 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the previous race, this means these drivers have to start on a less grippy compound (maybe Hard or Medium), this gives other drivers the chance to get ahead of the fastest drivers and evens the playing field a bit more giving others the chance to score a win or podium.

We can't add weight to the cars like BTCC so giving them a tyre disadvantage is the next best option.

** Feature and Sprint race, one longer race 30 Minute Feature race and a shorter 10 Min Sprint Race (Reverse grid)

** Rolling starts - I noticed that the rolling starts can be quite bias, some drivers are very chancy and are going before they pass the line which isn't fair, this is a bit of a lottery and the P1 car usually gets a large lead straight away of 1.5 -2s, If we could either return to grid starts or in-game rolling starts maybe this would solve it?

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
  • PSN Username: BL99DY-NINE
  • Preferred Race Night: No preference on race night
  • Preferred Class: Gr.3 or Gr.2
  • Preferred Race length: 60 min
    A way of handicapping would be to turn BoP off but have everyone set their car to BoP settings for weight and power.
    After 2 races award 'performance points' (a 'click' or 2 to either power or weight, driver's choice) to the drivers who finished toward the back.

Or maybe something like:
    P1-P4 0 click | P5-P10 1 click | P11-P15 2 clicks | P12-P16 3 clicks
    and perhaps even adding weight/ reducing power for drivers who consistently finish in the top 4

EVR Matt212

1 Time XB1 Rookie League & Christmas Cup Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
May 5, 2015
PSN Username: EVRMatt212
Preferred Race Night:
Wednesday
Preferred Class: Gr.4
Preferred Race lenght: 60 min

Fede73Vr

Junior Karter
Jul 8, 2018
  • PSN Username: Pillopaus
  • Preferred Race Night: thursday
  • Preferred Class: gr4 >gr3>gr2
  • Preferred Race length: 2*30 min.

I have mixed feelings on fixed setups as for example the Alfa 4c gr3 I drive in manufacturing championship have a horrid stock setup that on Fia races makes it a lemon... while Porsche rsr have a great default setup;
as i wouldn't like to see 20 Renault megane trophy in race, custom setups could lead to a greater variety of cars on track "revitalizing" the "poor setup plagued ones" ... as always IMHO.
F.

1.MSC

Pro Karter
May 23, 2018
  • PSN Username: robfisken69
  • Preferred Race Night: THURSDAY (FIA on W. and AOR on T.)
  • Preferred Class: Gr.2 (Super GT) Hard to find good series running these cars.
  • Preferred Race lenght: 40min - 60min.
  • Ban SS tyre or have them only in Quali.
  • Any other suggestions: 1: Ditch the tiers for now. - 2: An AOR Race Info-group on psn chat or on here. Where Coordinators Put up info for the upcoming race, Quali hosts etc. And when Q is done, everyone put in their times (somewhere), so coordinators can List "Lobby A", "Lobby B" etc. with Host and psn names of drivers for each lobby. This will make for a better chance of full lobbys and it should be about a 5min break for coordinators to set the grids before race start. - A 1st place in "lobby B" is effectively a 17th place if all cars in a full "lobby A" finnish the race. (But If we will race in tiers in next season, and risk half empty lobby´s, then the way we did it in S1 is easyer of course.)
I like the gold race idea, but maybe divide prior to the last two races? (y)

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
  • PSN Username: robfisken69
  • Preferred Race Night: THURSDAY (FIA on W. and AOR on T.)
  • Preferred Class: Gr.2 (Super GT) Hard to find good series running these cars.
  • Preferred Race lenght: 40min - 60min.
  • Ban SS tyre or have them only in Quali.
  • Any other suggestions: 1: Ditch the tiers for now. - 2: An AOR Race Info-group on psn chat or on here. Where Coordinators Put up info for the upcoming race, Quali hosts etc. And when Q is done, everyone put in their times (somewhere), so coordinators can List "Lobby A", "Lobby B" etc. with Host and psn names of drivers for each lobby. This will make for a better chance of full lobbys and it should be about a 5min break for coordinators to set the grids before race start. - A 1st place in "lobby B" is effectively a 17th place if all cars in a full "lobby A" finnish the race. (But If we will race in tiers in next season, and risk half empty lobby´s, then the way we did it in S1 is easyer of course.)
I like the gold race idea, but maybe divide prior to the last two races? (y)
IF We go with the One Tier Idea AND We implement the Qualifying the day before, then it would give us an extra 15-20 min effective racetime or the possibility to run a 25-30 min AND a 40-45 min race each race night or time to run a 75-90min race (if that is possible).

Reactions: 1.MSC

1.MSC

Pro Karter
May 23, 2018
I also like the qualifying on the night before! (altough I personally would prefer to keep races to 60min)

if gr.2 is out, Gr.3 is my second vote if the race will be 60min+ or the 2 race format :)

VLX_NovA

F1 Sponsored Driver
Apr 24, 2016
  • PSN Username: xZePhyR96x
  • Preferred Race Night: Any, but Monday would be best
  • Preferred Class: Gr.2 (Super GT)
  • Preferred Race lenght: 2x 30 min
  • Any other suggestions regarding the league
  • Have two races each night running a reverse grid in race 2. Points could be be slightly reduced for race 2 to try and stop people from purposely driving slowly for a better grid position
  • You could have a mandatory pit stop like in DTM, so if the tyres were capable of doing the entire race you could pit at the end of lap 1 if you wanted to get your pitstop out of the way, but make it that fuel is borderline unless you fuel save adding some tactical thinking into the race

Reactions: 1.MSC and Delaney

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
I'll be honest, I only want to drive if its Gr4. Would prefer 60 minutes without that gold race idea. Ban the Megane Trophy and then let people choose any car.
Tyre wear and fuel rates to go up so we have to minimum 2-3 stop.

Reactions: 1.MSC

SEAN-GBR

Formula Karter
May 14, 2018
  • PSN Username: SEAN-GBR
  • Preferred Race Night: Thursday but not too fussed either way
  • Preferred Class: Gr.4, Gr.3 or Gr.2 (Super GT) Gr 2 or Gr 3
  • Preferred Race lenght: 30 or 60 min Any, 2 races sounds interesting with the reverse grid but could be a pain getting people to start where they should in the 2nd race
  • Can we choose how much fuel to start with?
  • Feature race with forced pitstop and must use 2 tyre compounds

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Reverse grid as second race is no problem. It's a GT-S feature that You can choose.

I'll check with the fuel amount, but I'm allmost sure that You cannot change that. And that it can only be changed by the organisor for all to live with.

Vanders

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 7, 2018
  • PSN Username: hollowdene
  • Preferred Race Night: Thursday
  • Preferred Class: Gr.4 preferred, but not critical
  • Preferred Race length: 60 mins
  • Any other suggestions regarding the league: I prefer a longer race simply because there's no shortage of 30 min races in Sport mode, but would be open to two 30 mins with a reverse grid on the second race to make things interesting. Key point, I think, is creating conditions where multiple strategies can be effective. If everyone is one-stopping, longer races will be dull.

jamie-995

AOR PS4 RallyCross S1 Champion
Jan 4, 2016
  • PSN Username: jamie-995
  • Preferred Class: Gr.3 would be preferred, but would settle for Gr.2 again
  • Preferred Race length: 2 races, but would prefer it if you followed the iRacing Formula Renault 2.0 format, 40 minute feature race followed by a reverse grid 20 minute sprint race, with pole position going to the last car on the lead lap
  • Any other suggestions regarding the league: Maybe livestream the races? Would obviously mean 1 less car on the grid, but GT Sport can definitely provide great racing so I think it'd be worth it

Last edited:

Vanders

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 7, 2018
  • PSN Username: jamie-995
  • Preferred Class: Gr.3 would be preferred, but would settle for Gr.2 again
  • Preferred Race length: 2 races, but would prefer it if you followed the iRacing Formula Renault 2.0 format, 40 minute feature race followed by a reverse grid 20 minute sprint race, with pole position going to the last car on the lead lap
  • Any other suggestions regarding the league: Maybe livestream the races? Would obviously mean 1 less car on the grid, but GT Sport can definitely provide great racing so I think it'd be worth it
That race format sounds great.