AOR GRAN TURISMO SPORT League Q3/4 2018: Interest thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GRAN TURISMO SPORT League Q3/4 2018: Interest thread

Farewell AOR

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 27, 2017
  • PSN Username: jamie-995
  • Preferred Race Night: Thursday
  • Preferred Class: Gr.3 would be preferred, but would settle for Gr.2 again
  • Preferred Race length: 2 races, but would prefer it if you followed the iRacing Formula Renault 2.0 format, 40 minute feature race followed by a reverse grid 20 minute sprint race, with pole position going to the last car on the lead lap
  • Any other suggestions regarding the league: Maybe livestream the races? Would obviously mean 1 less car on the grid, but GT Sport can definitely provide great racing so I think it'd be worth it
Agreed

Reactions: jamie-995

x Shuffle

AOR XB1 RallyCross S1 Champion
Feb 21, 2014
  • PSN Username: x_Shuffle
  • Preferred Race Night: Wednesday
  • Preferred Class: Gr.2 preferably, Gr.3 at a push.
  • Preferred Race length: The system that Jamie proposed sounds great.
  • Any other suggestions regarding the league: Please don’t make the tyre and fuel wear really high.

sp0rtl1fe

Pro Karter
Nov 17, 2016
I also have a possible interest in this league, thus I'll be following this thread.

• PSN Username: sp0rtl1fe
  • Preferred Race Night: [WEDNESDAY] (I'm unable to join on Thursdays).
  • Preferred Class: No pref
  • Preferred Race lenght: No pref
  • Any other suggestions regarding the league: ---

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
I'm thinking of waiting till September 1st. before deciding what to do. Atm. We're 17 interested, but not not all can race the same night, so probably We're looking at 14-15 ready to go and I would at least like to have a full grid from the start.
Also it looks like it's going to be Gr.3 (GT3) with 2 races 40 min and a reverse 20 min.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
To be honest at the moment I'm not sure whether I'll be free/available to race, personally keeping the format as simple as possible would probably be best though I can understand why people want to look into bringing new ideas race & rules wise.

I think tiers should remain set and setups locked to default though while I would prefer one long race, if two is selected and its like the format Jamie suggested, then for the reverse grid 2nd/sprint race I would suggest that maybe have tyre wear off but fuel consumption on, however use the tyre wear off as a handicap too 1st, 2nd & 3rd from the 1st/feature race, you could do it like this:

1st must start on Mediums, 2nd and 3rd must start on Softs, everyone else should start on the supersofts. (with the grid reversed used from the feature race result)

However this is were the fuel consumption for the sprint race comes in, with the stop for fuel those that started on the mediums, & softs can change to supersofts, but fuel consumption will have to be set reasonably high (not ridiculously high like over x15) but high enough that it means everyone has to one stop but also has to go far enough into the sprint race (nearly halfway) so that those that started on the slower less gripper tyres can't pit after 1 or 2 laps and get to the end.

That way those drivers who start on Mediums & Softs aren't penalised for the whole sprint race but are at a disadvantage to start of with, it would likely make for battles for position right until the end.
Also the big plus to this is you wouldn't need to mess about with coming up with another method of handicapping the top 3 from the feature, (if you are going down that route for the sprint race) you would be able to keep BoP on and not need the co-ord to go through the hassle of checking through every driver to see that there sticking to any set bhp and points rules.

Its just my idea and I'm sure people will either like it or hate it.

Reactions: Delaney

jamie-995

AOR PS4 RallyCross S1 Champion
Jan 4, 2016
I'm thinking of waiting till September 1st. before deciding what to do. Atm. We're 17 interested, but not not all can race the same night, so probably We're looking at 14-15 ready to go and I would at least like to have a full grid from the start.
Also it looks like it's going to be Gr.3 (GT3) with 2 races 40 min and a reverse 20 min.
Only reason i voted Thursday is because of the FIA races that take place on Wednesday & also the fact i'm already in another league that also take place on Wednesday :D

King Judah

Junior Karter
Jan 7, 2018
  • PSN Username: Lord_Anaxus
  • Preferred Race Night: [WEDNESDAY] (Off-Day)
  • Preferred Class: Gr.3
  • Preferred Race length: 30 min straight up race, or Two 30 Minute sessions with a 10 minute Pause for the Cause.
  • Any other suggestions regarding the league: I'm in the U.S. so you guys are about 6 hours ahead of me. If its on Thursdays I won't be able to attend as i will be at work during those hours. I don't really want to race with anyone but A.O.R. so i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

FakeOrpheus22

Junior Karter
Aug 4, 2018
  • PSN Username: FakeOrpheus22
  • Preferred Race Night: Thursday, but I would prefer the weekend as I (and definitely others here) would be able to participate in races more often
  • Preferred Class: Gr.4
  • Preferred Race length: 45 minutes

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
  • PSN Username: Chazy90
  • Preferred Race Night: Monday
  • Preferred Class: Gr.2 or Gr.3
  • Preferred Race lenght: One 45min race with 15min Q
  • Any other suggestions regarding the league: Keeping fixed setups with BoP on; also maybe rolling starts instead of manual starts

Vanders

Formula 3 2nd Driver
May 7, 2018
Since other people mentioned weekends, I'd be open to a weekend slot if others are. As someone else pointed out, I just want to avoid days where FIA races normally occur.

jamie-995

AOR PS4 RallyCross S1 Champion
Jan 4, 2016
So... any news?

Greyskulll13

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 4, 2018
  • PSN Username: Daztoon
  • Preferred Race Night: Any except Sunday
  • Preferred Class: Gr2 Gr3
  • Preferred Race length: 60mins
  • Any other suggestions regarding the league: ...

Tomji_

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T4 Champion
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
PSN Username: tomji_
Preferred Race Night:
WEDNESDAY
Preferred Class: Any
Preferred Race lenght: 30 min
Any other suggestions regarding the league: n/a

I'm currently competing in the PC2 GT5 league, which is also on Wednesdays, but finishes at the end of Sept, so will be clear in October.

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Yeah well, there's not a lot of interest for this, but I'll start working on the official sign-up thread tonight and then We'll see what happens.
Any news yet pal? Might it be worth starting with one league and putting drivers who are beyond the full room 16 on a reserve list, at least by doing this we can get a league up and running for a new season, should drivers leave or be "No Shows" for more than 2 or 3 races without good reason they can be removed from the league and a driver from the reserves list given the opportunity to join the racing.

Anyone who can't commit to the full season could also be placed on to the reserves list.

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
For the rest of us who missed the thread update (like me):

by Delaney (From Above):
Comment from 05-09:
I'm currently working on the sign-up thread and rules and so on. Plan at the moment is to
start racing Thursday Oct. 4th with 8 rounds, that means finale November 22nd.
It seems to me that there are most votes on Gr.3 and 2 x 30 min races (or a longer and a shorter).
Setups will be fixed and with BoP.

I'm also thinking of making a 4 round Christmas series,
that will start with Gr.4 and end with. Gr. 1
(We will NOT be racing Christmas day 25th).

Long term plan is to make a Gr.4 series in January/February, before reverting to Gr.2 in March.
But maybe I get tired long before that, We'll see.

Vanders

Formula 3 2nd Driver
May 7, 2018
Annoyingly, October 4th is the only Thursday in the next few months I can't do, but otherwise it all sounds good to me.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Annoyingly, October 4th is the only Thursday in the next few months I can't do, but otherwise it all sounds good to me.
You'll be allowed to disregard one result (probably Your worst) out of the 7 first. The Grand Finale will count of cause.

We are working as hard as possible behind the lines, to get everything right.