PC - AOR GT3 Elite - R5: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP 19/04/2017 @ 7:45pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 Elite - R5: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP 19/04/2017 @ 7:45pm

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 5 - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP
GT3 - Season 7

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 19th April 2017
Lobby opens: 7:30pm (UK time)
Event starts: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 44 Laps (1 formation lap + 43 racing laps)

Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
1 weather slot:
- Clear

In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 21:00
- Race start time: 21:00
- Race finish time: 23:30

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure exactly where on track these points are located, check the track map here.

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Enzo
@Suomy
@Mark.O
@SVK_Duchi

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeff[NL]

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2016
I dont have experience in the Z4 but what i think is that you brake most of the times to early and some lines you take are not the most efficiënt. Maybe you should do a time trial and select a few Z4 cars that are a bit faster so you can compare the lines they are taking.
Also i think you need more acceleration lock and less deceleration lock and increase traction control slip to max.

Also maybe little tip if you are not doing it yet. Try practice braking hard at first and decrease brake pressure to the start of the corner.

Last edited:

DannyRIC

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 17, 2017
I dont have experience in the Z4 but what i think is that you brake most of the times to early and some lines you take are not the most efficiënt. Maybe you should do a time trial and select a few Z4 cars that are a bit faster so you can compare the lines they are taking.
Also i think you need more acceleration lock and less deceleration lock and increase traction control slip to max.

Also maybe little tip if you are not doing it yet. Try practice braking hard at first and decrease brake pressure to the start of the corner.
Increase acc lock and TC makes the car's back wheel spinning a lot out of corners, i can't increase acc lock more than 15%. And can't increase TC more than 8% , otherwise I just spin the car when out of corner.

You mentioned I brake too early, I managed to change some setting in Monza that allow me to brake later, which is stiffen front sway bar and front spring rate. But when I changed that, it seems doesn't really work on this track I wonder what else can I do to the damper that aim better for braking?

Jeff[NL]

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2016
Increase acc lock and TC makes the car's back wheel spinning a lot out of corners, i can't increase acc lock more than 15%. And can't increase TC more than 8% , otherwise I just spin the car when out of corner.

You mentioned I brake too early, I managed to change some setting in Monza that allow me to brake later, which is stiffen front sway bar and front spring rate. But when I changed that, it seems doesn't really work on this track I wonder what else can I do to the damper that aim better for braking?
Do you use wheel and pedals ? If not you probably should be more gentle with the throttle. Can you maybe make a replay with telemetry on ?

DannyRIC

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 17, 2017
Do you use wheel and pedals ? If not you probably should be more gentle with the throttle. Can you maybe make a replay with telemetry on ?
I am using g29 . Which information you wanna see on telemetry? Did you mean in hud view? this one is TC 6% acc/dec lock 13%/63%

Last edited:

GodfatherofShift

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 9, 2017
make positiv camber angle, set ur decel diff to 25% to better turn into Corners, negativ front-toe angle for the same reason (got it at -0,5), and for slow Corners use the first gear, u turn much better and u´ll have a better acc on the Exit

Reactions: DannyRIC

DannyRIC

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 17, 2017
and u can push the last sector much harder, i think u can improve there by about 1 sec
You are right, I could kept up of even in front in first sector chasing someone in time trial. But after the hairpin, people just pull away. Try first gear in the last slow corners, seem no effect for acc out of the last corner. But loss half second if I use first gear for the last two slow corners.
Thumb up for negative front toe in

Novey

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 5, 2016
Cant race today because of work as always.
Too bad next week is break week so that means i will miss the chinese race too :/

Will watch the live stream as always.

Reactions: Hetharion

Nismo

GP2 1st Driver
Jun 21, 2016
Ok guys still having the same brake pedal issues as last week so I wont be attending the race tonight. Ill watch the stream instead. Gl and hf