PC - AOR GT3 Elite - R9: Watkins Glen 24/05/2017 @ 7:45pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 Elite - R9: Watkins Glen 24/05/2017 @ 7:45pm

EVR Morvic

Reigning AOR PC GT Endurance Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
6 informed no-shows... plus at least one who I assume will not show up... hmm...
At least one thing Pro tier is better in than Elite, we've got 7 this race. Beat that?

Brandarous

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Feb 22, 2016
I'm not going to make it in time. Sry. See you all next week.

Hideaki

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 10, 2016
Awful race for me, never got into a proper zone and as a result I drove like an impatient idiot.
Very sorry to @Soulah and @rillo7105 who were affected by my stupidity, and to @Bilt!s who I almost speared at the chicane after missing my braking point. Really don't feel like I deserved 5th on that performance. :(

• Friendly
Reactions: Bilt!s

Bilt!s

Pro Karter
Feb 2, 2017
Bad raining, i cannot faster....I am a big fan of Pcars..but the rain feels like sh**...

The advantages of the different cars is in the rain much more as in the dry... see in the resuluts...And the driver too, i cant drive in the rain..^^

In real my cars didnt feels like soap...
But for a rain race..was okay. little fun tonight. Poor that we only was 14 drivers...Maybe because the rain XD

Cu next race. In the DRY

Reactions: Hideaki

rillo7105

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
Awful race for me, never got into a proper zone and as a result I drove like an impatient idiot.
Very sorry to @Soulah and @rillo7105 who were affected by my stupidity, and to @Bilt!s who I almost speared at the chicane after missing my braking point. Really don't feel like I deserved 5th on that performance. :(
No worries @Hideaki i managed to destroy my own race again with my setup. I was way off with my tire pressure for the wets. Unfortunately i had too little practice but i had great fun anyway.

@AndrexUK i did see you on the inside but i didn't want to back off

jam_my21

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 LMP1 Champion
Mar 17, 2017
I had terrible situation (on my lap 28th) when I spun last corner got hit to pit entry wall and AI took over the car. AI started to try to got my car turn around to get it right way to pit and it drove it back to track and then I saw someone was going right forward me and we did made contact - or he drove right through me. I'm sorry who ever that was (I didn't get the driver's name) and I cannot trust the replay. It seems on replay that driver didn't got any damaged - hopefully. As AI had control over me I couldn't do anything but just watched what's happening.

I think also that I figured out what is my wheel ration problem because it was now ok and could drive normally.
My race went ok first half but when it started to rain my PC graphics card don't like the the rain and picture frame rate dropped and makes my driving very difficult.

See you next week.

Last edited:

Soulah

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 1, 2016
Sorry @Hideaki .. I seem to have a problem running into the back of z4's when they had a spin or something like that

DANGEROUS GIANETTA

Season 4 PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Dec 28, 2015
it was nice performance with ginetta.i like driving rainy weather.so tyres is going slower than dry weather:)
i used early pit stop and i changed tyres dry to wet. i might be get 7th place but when i was attempting to pass @ramdrop,i don't know what happened suddenly.we hit the wall.i stayed in there but @ramdrop's car went through the way. i think it was a lag.bad luck for me.i lost all front aero,lights.after that i tried to keep my position but @Hetharion and @AndrexUK was close to me. @Hetharion passed me and i was waiting @AndrexUK would pass me but he had spun or hit the pit's wall.
finally i finished 9th place:)
totally i made 3 mistakes and 1 pit stop.it was a nice race for me.
cya next weeek guys.

Reactions: Def

Papand

F1 Test Driver
Jul 17, 2015
Yay i won! :D

Lacking a bit practice for this one as i have been busy at a conference with work. Not to much fuzz about it this time, as i really love Watkins Glen and had a strong setup ready in the archive. Only worry was the rain where i only tested for 5-6 laps.

Good qualifying and within a sensible gap of @C. Tscharf . Surprised to see @GodfatherofShift grabbing 2nd as i really expected to be best of the rest in the dry.

Tried the early jump on @GodfatherofShift at the start, but he covered nicely in turn 1. Then all things went crazy at the busstop. I did not really catch what happened in front as i instead had my eyes in the rear mirror to see where @Hideaki were going. Suddenly i was 2nd behind @C. Tscharf and here things started to get a bit tactical. Sjarf and i have discussed throughout the season on different moves we could do as teammates to help each other. Now the opportunity was there to try and pull something off. Not sure Sjarf made the error on purpose but he surely did not try to cover much when i made the pass. Being in front i gave everything i had and relied on Sjarf to act as rear guard. It worked perfectly. In the rain things got more challenging as my pace was really horrible. Gotta take my hat off to Sjarf for the race craft he displayed there holding a flying @GodfatherofShift off while not ramming into the back of me going slowmo in front. Real shame for @GodfatherofShift to have that major crash but i was so relieved to see him gone from our back.

In the end we made it home to take a real team victory. Im very proud that we pulled it off as its perhaps the first time in AOR GT3 we see such close teamwork in a race. It also highlights the great collaboration Sjarf and i had throughout the season. With me losing out on practice this season it has been crucial for me to have Sjarf giving inputs. Its probably also the first time i have a teammate who prepare more and better than i ever did.

Maybe not my finest individual victory, but lets say it makes up for the Sakitto race back in season 5 when i lost the win by running out of fuel 2 corners before the line.

Hetharion

S3 AOR PC Endurance GTE Tier 2 Champion
Oct 12, 2016
While practicing for this race I found that the main problem with the Bentley would be tyre and grip management during the transition to rain. I tried to stay out on soft tires as long as I dared and found myself strugling for grip once I changed to wets. After a couple of laps, @AndrexUK was gaining on me while I was doing my best not to overcook the tires while searching for traction out of the corners. At the end of the back straight, with @AndrexUK dissapearing to the right of my rear view mirror:

Crew chief voice:
"Car right".......short pause........"Ignore that little f*cker in the mirror, (keep your cool or something)" o_O

At this point, also because of a strange rear view mirror issue I've been having since the begining of the season (I can't see cars directly behind me, view is 'too high'), I don't know if @AndrexUK is next to me or behind me. Braking into the inner loop, I decide to leave some room, not knowing where the hell he's gone. Suddenly, I feel the car being pushed to the left! Ah, there he is! Coming out of the loop, I decide to let him pass because of my mistake. When the weather worsened my rain setup started to pay off and I got past him again. I was very grateful to @DANGEROUS GIANETTA for holding @AndrexUK up a couple of laps, allowing me to build a gap. Unfortunately, he spun and PCars decided to take over controls which ended the battle for us. Although the conditions were terrible I had a fun race. Keeping the Bentley straight in the (semi) wet makes for good corner exiting-practice!

C u all next week!

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Yeah, I seamed to have the early wet pace over you, but you looked to improve later on. i think you were pulling away, and I have little doubt I would not have caught you, but pCars decided to take control of my car, and not give it back :(

Was looking to be a semi decent P9 (If I got past DG, but I slide on the exit of the final turn, and tapped the pit wall (right at the start of the wall), so AI though I was pitting....

Was a decent amount of damage, but should have held P10 ok, but AI drives like a granny :(
I was a little concerned for the lapping cars, and was thinking about retiring, but I'm only getting scraps of points, so every one is needed. So I'm sorry if AI got in the way of anyone :(

I had very little testing, and all of it was geared for the wet, so it wasn't fun in the dry, but it was at least fairly stable.
She didn't feel too bad in the wet, but I'll certainly be happy when I can park the AMG up!
You'd have thought I would have learnt from Season 1 in the Endurance league, but the stronger cars arn't allowed, so she was very competitive in there...

andy_m

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 5, 2017
I enjoyed watching the stream last night.

There appeared to be quite a lot of grip in the wet on the rumble strip. I expected a load more spins than there was, considering how much kerb was taken at times.

A shame about the spins and track excursions but that's racing folks :D

Looking forward to watching the last race of the season :)

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
No practice, so wasn't looking for big points yesterday, but I'll take P7, it was the best I could do.

About Lap 10 or something I was in @Hideaki slipstream and outbroke myself in the busstop, ended up doing a 360spin.. came back on track just behind @AndrexUK I had more pace and was darting left and right behind him until in the end I went passed on the main straight (not sure if you lifted off or not).

I caught up to @jam_my21 who was going alot slower than I thought and I made a dive in the middle of sector 2, I felt some touches on my right, but it looked like we got around ok? If you suffered damage, I fully apologise.

Had a lag incident with @DANGEROUS GIANETTA which is totally my fault, PC 'disconnected' from the interent for 5 seconds and reconnected (been doing that a few times lately....)

Here is my video

• Friendly
Reactions: DANGEROUS GIANETTA

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
in the end I went passed on the main straight (not sure if you lifted off or not)
Yeah, I lifted, as I went a little wide on the exit, and just got all 4 wheels over the white line.

Reactions: Def

jam_my21

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 LMP1 Champion
Mar 17, 2017
I was surprised your dive and yes we made contact. You pushed me off my driving line but I could just stay on track. I don't know if I got any damaged.
I caught up to @jam_my21 who was going alot slower than I thought and I made a dive in the middle of sector 2, I felt some touches on my right, but it looked like we got around ok? If you suffered damage, I fully apologise.

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
@jam_my21

This was what it was like from my POV.

I hugged the inside kerb as much as I could, I felt maybe a slight tap but that was about it tbh