PS4 - AOR GT3 Elite - Round 2 - Spa Francorchamps - 10/06/15 @8:15pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 Elite - Round 2 - Spa Francorchamps - 10/06/15 @8:15pm

ANTONIOS1978

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 28, 2014
Okay that didnt last long. I got beated out of the track somehow by Antonios. Really wonder what he did there... Got suspension damage not going to continue like this. The time i lost incl the pit stop that i would need to make will leave me 1 minute behind. Well i dont want to judge or something but i better hope that wasnt for nothing cuz i have no clue what happened. All the effort and time for 3 corners.
please m8 didnt say anything before see a video and see the true...
i think it was not my faoult

my car destroyed ---someone with z3 hadnt patience
[DOUBLEPOST=1433970515][/DOUBLEPOST]
Did anyone else have cars glitching everywhere from lap 14? It was so damn annoying! But yh, dreadful start (reaction of a sloth) from 7th to 10th but battled up to 3rd! Epic first Project Cars league race, thanks guys. P.s. superscrub, at the final sector, what happened to you because i was fighting with you and nervo and you crashed? o_O
i had.....

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Did anyone else have cars glitching everywhere from lap 14? It was so damn annoying! But yh, dreadful start (reaction of a sloth) from 7th to 10th but battled up to 3rd! Epic first Project Cars league race, thanks guys. P.s. superscrub, at the final sector, what happened to you because i was fighting with you and nervo and you crashed? o_O
Yes its a bug i have it everytime after the pitstops...so annoying

Walsh89-

GP2 1st Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Spa Results

Could you guys please check that your finishing position is correct as the game crashed in the pit lane(hence why there are no race times unfortunately). I think those results are correct but something may have changed on the last lap.

Also yeah i had the flickering all over the place aswell, really annoying!

• Agree
Reactions: ANTONIOS1978

ANTONIOS1978

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 28, 2014
Quite how I got 4th in that race I'll never know!:whistle:

Walsh: I would like help with setups for the next few rounds please?;)
i was 4th m8 ..... you were behind me?? after 18lap my position changing all time....without reason
((Walsh: I would like help with setups for the next few rounds please?;)))) i need too))))

SamH95

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 24, 2014
i was 4th m8 ..... you were behind me?? after 18lap my position changing all time....without reason
((Walsh: I would like help with setups for the next few rounds please?;)))) i need too))))
you were behind falcon mate, cos it said falcon was 4th on the results screen and it probably said that on everyone elses results screen too

• Agree
Reactions: ANTONIOS1978

iSuperScrub

4 Time AOR Project Cars 1 Champion
Mar 29, 2014
Yeah bit weird that tbh I came off the throttle behind you to avoid running into back off you because on my screen you were lagging, then your car lagged back into mine shooting me into the barrier :(. Good battle though. The Aston is slippery in the air.

ANTONIOS1978

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 28, 2014
i think z4 must to wait the cars front to turn as me and mclaren fighting... that i would did .... i did the same 2 corners earlyer
(sorry about my english)
[DOUBLEPOST=1433972122][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was 4th on my results screen aswell
and i was 5th m8 ...

Last edited:

Walsh89-

GP2 1st Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Qualifying(2nd):

It was a very competitive qualifying for the top 4 with Drastics, Nervo and iSuper. I was in 3rd on a mid 2:17 for most of the session but i felt there was more grip towards the end of the session and i managed to hit a 2:16.9 to move up ahead of Nervo into 2nd, i was abit surprised tbh as it's the first 2:16 i've done and it didn't feel great. Drastics improved by 0.4 late on aswell for another impressive pole time.

It was really close for 2nd though with 3 cars within a couple of tenths.

Race(2nd)

I got a slightly better start than Drastics who i think was a little cautious on the green light. I then got a bump from behind from a RUF i think who must have had a great start. It was ok through Eau Rouge. I had to brake late into Les Combes to maintain 2nd and then tried around the outside of Drastics through Rivage and then the inside for Pouhon but couldn't make it stick. Then coming into the chicane at the end of the lap i braked slightly later than Drastics and felt i had the braking point spot on but i was hit from behind pretty hard by Nervo i think. I just about made the chicane somehow and kept hold of 2nd but my car was pulling to the left for the rest of the race. :(

I was able to pull away from 3rd at first and wasn't losing much to Drastics so felt i could carry on with the damaged car at a decent pace. Maniac closed me down after a few laps but i figured he must be running half a tank of fuel so i wasn't too worried, Maniac then spun out of the chicane. That gave me a nice gap back to the battle for 3rd that seemed to be between iSuper, Nervo and Maniac after he recovered from his spin.

Me and Drastics continued to pull away from the rest but i was dropping abit of time over the stint with the damage i think, but not too much. By lap 11 the gap back to 3rd was around 18 seconds with Maniac having recovered to 3rd place. With the damage my front left was taking some extra punishment as i was having to use more steering lock in right hand corners so my tyres were done abit earlier than i would of liked.

I pitted at the end of lap 11 and as i had a decent gap back to 3rd i figured i would put the hard's on to be safe for the remaining 14 laps. I came out in 4th before Maniac and Drastics pitted the following lap, Drastics was about 11 seconds ahead after his stop. I was still 3rd though as Nervo stayed out. At first i thought he was just running long on the hard tyres before pitting for soft's towards the end, however he just kept going lol. Drastics had a spin i think reducing the gap to around 5.5 seconds with Nervo a few seconds ahead of that.

Drastics eventually got passed Nervo who at this point was obviously trying a 0 stop strategy and i was around 4 seconds further back. I was within 2 seconds of Nervo when i had two glitches in successive corners lol, the first was a downshift from 6th gear to 1st gear into the chicane which sent me flying lol but i somehow made the apex sideways, all 4 wheels sliding lol. Then through la source the car stuck in neutral and wouldn't shift up. I had the glitch earlier and fortunately knew how to fix it, i had to stop the car, put it in reverse and then it would let me shift up again. So that cost me another 6 seconds...

I closed to within about 4 seconds of Nervo again before he spun at the end of lap 19 out of la source and i passed him and pulled out to around 4 seconds ahead through the end of S2 before he parked his car i think, i guess his tyres must have hit the cliff.

From there just brought the car home for 2nd about 15 seconds behind Drastics in the end. Quite an eventful race for me with damage and glitches lol but happy with 2nd place, couldn't of beat Drastics anyway, congrats on the win again mate. :)

Sorry for the essay, didn't realise how long it was. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Jampe- and Bluerat

Pope

Formula Karter
May 26, 2015

i need your opinion guys...for this incident
That was me in the Z4 up the inside. I'll upload my video/onboard view of it tomorrow. There was a lot of pushing and shoving going on in front, I went round the outside of the left-hander and carried so much more speed going into the right-hander. I felt I was at-least side-by-side going into the right, if not slightly in front, and wasn't given any room.

From my bonnet camera view when playing I couldn't see anything at all, I just felt a nudge and then noticed someone was way off the pack a few corners later.

Cpt.JJ

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
I was on hards and only managed 16 laps. SHould of done two medium stints in that race, also had 5 laps too much fuel!!!

Bluerat

Formula 3 1st Driver
May 14, 2015
My qualy lap was my pb on that track so I was amazed to not be starting at the back of the grid. Still don't know how I got that haha.

I got a great start but tried to not be too pushy as frankly I knew I didn't have the pace to stay with the leaders. Backing out up the hill left me wide open on the straight for @Pope and someone else to pass. After a fairly decent first lap someone in a McLaren took me right up the inside into the last corner, maybe I should have not left the door open but I wasn't expecting a lunge from there. Especially with that massive straight afterwards but it was only minor so no harm no foul. After that it all got a bit lonely for quite a while as the pack pulled away.

I was off the pace again for the race but with all the carnage i managed to work my way through the field picking people off as they spun. Enjoyed chasing down @Pope as his tyres fell off before pitting and kudos to my pit crew who got me out ahead of him(that didnt last long though). Found myself in 4th(well maybe, the results were all over the place by that stage) then not sure what happened but spun into a wall at speed, ruining my car with 4 laps to go. Managed to hobble round and grabbed a completely undeserved 6th(said 5th on mine but I'm assuming that was wrong with all the crazy glitching).

I have to say people are extremely careful racers, a few people who caught me backed out of a number of opportunities waiting for a safe pass. Although maybe that was my wayward car/driving ;-).

If you are offering up help with setups @Walsh89- throw me a bone too would you haha :) Anyway great racing guys!

I saw the incident with @Pope and it looked to me like a racing incident. @Pope looks to be along side going into the corner, but three wide is always going to be tricky through there haha. I'm guessing @ANTONIOS1978 just didnt know he was there and was too busy avoiding @Daryl.Ferrari.

I'm just happy I did better than last week I guess. Roll on next week :D!

Here is my first lap, skip to 2:47 to see the 1st lap incident between @Pope and @ANTONIOS1978. Skip to 2:24 for the McLaren incident.

Daryl.Ferrari

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 11, 2015
please m8 didnt say anything before see a video and see the true...
i think it was not my faoult

my car destroyed ---someone with z3 hadnt patience
[DOUBLEPOST=1433970515][/DOUBLEPOST]
i had.....
I didnt blame you Antonios, i just said i hoped it was worth it. With that i mean i hope it wasnt your fault. As you have noticed i was a bit frustrated but you understand that right? After hours of practicing my race ended after 3 corners. But yeah that is racing. I am releafed you post the video so quick, thank you for that. I guess this was just a race incident and i was very unlucky. I was on the outside waiting till you passed menom the inside, you didnt come and suddenly i got hit and dragged into the wall. But nobody's fault i think. Next race better luck...

Pope

Formula Karter
May 26, 2015
I didnt blame you Antonios, i just said i hoped it was worth it. With that i mean i hope it wasnt your fault. As you have noticed i was a bit frustrated but you understand that right? After hours of practicing my race ended after 3 corners. But yeah that is racing. I am releafed you post the video so quick, thank you for that. I guess this was just a race incident and i was very unlucky. I was on the outside waiting till you passed menom the inside, you didnt come and suddenly i got hit and dragged into the wall. But nobody's fault i think. Next race better luck...
I personally think it was a 50-50 'racing incident'. The Ruf could have given more space on both the left and right-hander. The McLaren could have yielded going into the right-hander. The BMW could have braked earlier presuming the gap was going to close, or not gone for the move at all. 3 cars into one is never going to work.. I think a large part of the problem after the slight contact is the game. The vehicle to vehicle collisions are awful and it's far too easy for 2 cars to get 'locked' together. Once that happens you are both just passengers.

As was previously stated - send it to the stewards if you feel it was a bad move. I can see how some would view it as my fault and I'll accept their judgement.
http://apexonlineracing.com/community/forums/stewards-panel.343/

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
I personally think it was a 50-50 'racing incident'. The Ruf could have given more space on both the left and right-hander. The McLaren could have yielded going into the right-hander. The BMW could have braked earlier presuming the gap was going to close, or not gone for the move at all. 3 cars into one is never going to work.. I think a large part of the problem after the slight contact is the game. The vehicle to vehicle collisions are awful and it's far too easy for 2 cars to get 'locked' together. Once that happens you are both just passengers.

As was previously stated - send it to the stewards if you feel it was a bad move. I can see how some would view it as my fault and I'll accept their judgement.
agree with the "locking" issue..I have seen it before and it also happened with Dutch and wegsta in our league yesterday. When that happens one feels he is pushed...the other car feels he is dragged...and both are passengers and have to wait till they get "unlocked" again..

Daryl.Ferrari

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 11, 2015

You are completely right. Biggest factor is still the game. I braked much later then antonios end of the straight. (Same for the black-green z4), so had no choice had to go outside and then there was no space for 3 cars. I think Antonios could not give me more space there since he would touch the rear of the black-green Z4. Still the game refuses you to brake and basically everyhing else after that vehicle lock. Otherwhise i could continue the race without a 1m gap. Also had vehicle repairs to no so idk how i would solve that so quickly in the pit lane. To bad you cannot (or idk) change pit strat on track (like f1 games). That would give me a minor chance of not finishing last with a switch to hard...

Walsh89-

GP2 1st Driver
Jan 14, 2014
The 'locking' with collisions is really frustrating, i've had it so many times in public lobbies when the idiots dive bomb lol. No matter what you do when it locks two cars together you are heading off the track and probably into the nearest wall...

If you guys are happy to let it go as a racing incident then that's cool, it did seem to just be a case of 3 cars all trying to get through the same corner at the same time.

• Agree
Reactions: Bluerat