PS4 - AOR GT3 Elite - Round 2 - Spa Francorchamps - 10/06/15 @8:15pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 Elite - Round 2 - Spa Francorchamps - 10/06/15 @8:15pm

Bluerat

Formula 3 1st Driver
May 14, 2015
You are completely right. Biggest factor is still the game. I braked much later then antonios end of the straight. (Same for the black-green z4), so had no choice had to go outside and then there was no space for 3 cars. I think Antonios could not give me more space there since he would touch the rear of the black-green Z4. Still the game refuses you to brake and basically everyhing else after that vehicle lock. Otherwhise i could continue the race without a 1m gap. Also had vehicle repairs to no so idk how i would solve that so quickly in the pit lane. To bad you cannot (or idk) change pit strat on track (like f1 games). That would give me a minor chance of not finishing last with a switch to hard...
I've got a couple of different pit strategies set up in case I have an issue like that but not really tried using them in anger. I'm terrified about touching anything going into the pits with this amount of bugs haha.

ANTONIOS1978

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 28, 2014
I didnt blame you Antonios, i just said i hoped it was worth it. With that i mean i hope it wasnt your fault. As you have noticed i was a bit frustrated but you understand that right? After hours of practicing my race ended after 3 corners. But yeah that is racing. I am releafed you post the video so quick, thank you for that. I guess this was just a race incident and i was very unlucky. I was on the outside waiting till you passed menom the inside, you didnt come and suddenly i got hit and dragged into the wall. But nobody's fault i think. Next race better luck...
i was unlucky too m8 .... i have 2 races - 2 crashes...:banghead:
last night i had a good pace after many practice ,,,, :cry:
3 cars in the corner is too much
some times we can be more carefull and waiting and provided
see you next practice or race---no problem --- this is racing-- this is competitive---go on...(y)

• Agree
Reactions: Daryl.Ferrari

iSuperScrub

4 Time AOR Project Cars 1 Champion
Mar 29, 2014

i need your opinion guys...for this incident
The more I keep watching this the more I think it's the BMW on the inside because through the left hander he wasn't along side and I'm sure he could of seen the two ahead side by side and just braked a little later than the two, catching antonios unawares and sending the cars off. Hard to judge though IMO, I'd like to see it from the bmw's pov.

Walsh89-

GP2 1st Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Here's the setup i ran with for that race:

http://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/mclaren-12c-gt3.6704/#post-101207

I'm not sure it'll be much use as it was for the controller and for those driving a different car it'll be useless. Most of it was default as you'll probably notice with changes to tyre pressures(higher front pressures because of pad), lowering downforce and a few suspension and diff tweaks i think.

Reactions: Lorrentz

iSuperScrub

4 Time AOR Project Cars 1 Champion
Mar 29, 2014
Qualifying - 3rd

Very good lap in the end, but i still think i could of been challenging Walsh for that second place but happy to beat Nervo, Only if it way by 0.040 ;).

Race - 7th

Got a very good start off the line and overtook Walsh up through Eau Rouge and was on drastics gearbox all the way down Kemmel straight into Les Combes but Walsh drove around the outside of me and then nearly Drastics. Into turn 6 i missed the apex allowing Nervo to slip up my inside and squezing me out a little and through Pouhon and it was almost 4 wide! into Campus with walshy running a little wide but we all maintained position until the chicane when Nervo got his braking wrong and smashing into the back of Walsh, giving me a chance to get 2nd and i was on the inside into La Source but he had better drive onto the pit straight and into Eau Rouge. Lap 2 and into turn 6 again i missed the apex allowing F1Maniac to pass me into Pouhon. At the end of lap 3 coming out of the final chicane F1Maniac had spun moving me back into 3rd place with also Nervo overtaking him too. End of lap 4 and F1Maniac had passed Nervo in the middle sector putting him right on the back of me and into Stavelot i ran wide giving him a run down the back straight through Blanchimont and into the chicane but i kept it down the inside to hold my position.

Lap 5 down the Kemmel straight and F1Maniac had a very fast car in a straight line and was side by side with me and i locked up forcing F1Maniac to take the escape road but i think he either handed me the position back into Bruxelles or he missed a gear which caught me out a little allowing Nervo to slip up my inside then F1Maniac into Pouhon, i ran a little wide on the exit, not sure if i got a slight hit but it nearly turned me into F1Maniac, i was greatfull of saving that. Lap 7 down the back straigh coming into Blanchimont and F1Maniac and Nervo were battiling hard but F1Maniac was lagging all over my screen so i took it more carefully than in the past few laps through Blanchimont and his car lagged back towards mine slamming me into the wall and at the time i thought it broke my wheel becuase i lost all force feedback and had to do the next stint with no feedback, Also i think the accident did something to my engine or gears becuase i wasn't able to go as quick as i was earlier in the race on the soft tires compared to the hards i started on. Also when i hit the wall whilst i was gearing down it went from 6th gear to reverse :S do that may have had something to do with it.

In the end i did 2 stints on the soft tires Lap 8 - 17 and Lap 18 till the finish, had a few battles with other cars and 2 stupid spins which i hope i wont replicate for the rest of the season. Near the end of the race a few cars were lagging or jumping around all over my screen, especially Antonio who's car was doing front flips as you can see in my video at 13.35. Almost passsed a BMW at the end but all in all ok first race. At the start it looked like the Ruf jump started by about half a second but nvm its up to the stewards on that call. I will make sure i come back stronger at Watkins Glen and be atleast on the podium.

See you all next week.

Drastics

2-time AOR PS4 GT3 Elite Champion
May 6, 2015
Qualifying: Pole - 2.16.327
Going into qualifying looking to get a low 2.17 maybe a high 2.16 as thats what i was hitting in practice. Did get a few 2.16.6/5's but didn't expect to hit them. Put in a low 2.17 but didn't feel clean at all, feel like there was a lot more grip. Then put in a 2.16 but made a few mistakes. Put new tyres on and went out. Felt so much more grip than in practice and managed to put in my pb.

Race: 1st
Was maybe a bit sluggish off the start and thought someone was along side me going through eau rouge, so I was trying to leave room which turned out to be for no one lol. So @iSuperScrub and @Walsh89- were right behind me at the end of the straight. Walsh went on the outside (sorry if I forced you wide a bit) but I managed to take the corner. Then the next few corners we had a little battle but managed to keep the lead by staying around the outside of Pouhon. From there managed to fisnish my stint on the hards and pit for another set.

As I was coming out I saw @NervoTank go past and I thought maybe he is just running a long stint on the hards. But everylap he didn't seem to pit. So I tried overtaking him once but didn't manage to make it stick. Then going through eau rouge I was in his dirty air and run wide. Then braking at the end of the straight my rear end just seemed to go light and I couldn't keep in on track. Managed to catch up to nervo after a few lap and managed an overtake on the inside of pouhon. From the there kept it on track to the finish.

NervoTank

Reigning AOR PS3 Sunday F1 Champion
Sep 9, 2014
Hello guys, here's my short race report from Wednesday race:

Q: Bad lap for me tbf, some sessions I did I was on lows 16s even once came into a very high 15 so I was hoping to get a middle 16 or so to get the pole and I was doing in S1 and S2 till the back straight where I miss the braking and run quite wide :( 4th on grid but with good hopes do to it good on race, just coz top qualifiers as Drastics or Walsh were on the same times I was doing.

R: Well before the start I already fucked up strategy. I didn't know nothing about and put the 140 kilos on my Audi thinking it would be enough for the whole race lmao. Then tires I put the hard coz I soft wore so fast so I thought of that and finally put the hard ones, I guess if medium ones would have been better. Ok so, start was clean loosing one position. After both sectors we get into the third on the back straight. I completely missed the apex and hit Walsh a bit hard, I'm quite sorry man, I expect I would be able to brake deeper and fuel also didn't help me :(

Drastics gone and was a group of 3-4. Once lap was going on, I was loosing more and more positions till the 5th or 6th where I stayed. Fuel was the main disadvantage. I felt like a Marussia in front of a Mercedes lol.

I stayed with Antonios or Maniac I can't remind right now but what I remind I was having a beautiful and super hard battle with Maniac, that was so close and enjoyed. In lap 11 people started to pit. I still have like 90 kilos of fuel so I wouldn't be pitting for fuel ofc and tired were good and I was comfortable with my driving.

All guys stopped and I was leading the race, hard to believe but true. Drastics came to the pit 3 seconds behind me, so in one lap he was already kissing my ass, I did what I had to keep my first position and so was, keeping during 5 laps or so due to Drastics mistakes. Till I maybe left so much space into a corner and he passed me. Then was impossible to keep his race pace simply coz better tires and better fuel. Now Walsh was behind me, 6 laps to end and tried again to overtake me but also made mistakes loosing time till he got me on the back straight and couldn't do nothing to stop him. We arrived to the first corner and the back went and crashed into the wall making the direction impossible to handle, so I decided to retire..

Congrats to Drastics for the win and Walsh for the second positions as the third who I can't remember now sorry. It was a great race and enjoyable for me. See you next time.

PS: If someone's fancy to give me some tips for strategy, fuel and tires I would be very grateful. :)

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
The 'locking' with collisions is really frustrating, i've had it so many times in public lobbies when the idiots dive bomb lol. No matter what you do when it locks two cars together you are heading off the track and probably into the nearest wall...

If you guys are happy to let it go as a racing incident then that's cool, it did seem to just be a case of 3 cars all trying to get through the same corner at the same time.
I also had it in the first social races in Dubai....your just a passenger and have to wait for the game to "unlock" you again....very frustrating....Also in our tier there was an incident with locking...

SMS got sooooooooooo much work to do to fix al those annoying bugs!

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Qualifying: Pole - 2.16.327
Going into qualifying looking to get a low 2.17 maybe a high 2.16 as thats what i was hitting in practice. Did get a few 2.16.6/5's but didn't expect to hit them. Put in a low 2.17 but didn't feel clean at all, feel like there was a lot more grip. Then put in a 2.16 but made a few mistakes. Put new tyres on and went out. Felt so much more grip than in practice and managed to put in my pb.

Race: 1st
Was maybe a bit sluggish off the start and thought someone was along side me going through eau rouge, so I was trying to leave room which turned out to be for no one lol. So @iSuperScrub and @Walsh89- were right behind me at the end of the straight. Walsh went on the outside (sorry if I forced you wide a bit) but I managed to take the corner. Then the next few corners we had a little battle but managed to keep the lead by staying around the outside of Pouhon. From there managed to fisnish my stint on the hards and pit for another set.

As I was coming out I saw @NervoTank go past and I thought maybe he is just running a long stint on the hards. But everylap he didn't seem to pit. So I tried overtaking him once but didn't manage to make it stick. Then going through eau rouge I was in his dirty air and run wide. Then braking at the end of the straight my rear end just seemed to go light and I couldn't keep in on track. Managed to catch up to nervo after a few lap and managed an overtake on the inside of pouhon. From the there kept it on track to the finish.
Bloody H*ll...you are either the Stig or you have fitted a Mercedes V10 engine :D

Walsh89-

GP2 1st Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Just tested the setup i posted on my new T300 and hit the same lap times after about 15 laps adjusting to the wheel. I'm still abit dodgy on the wheel lol but potentially that setup could do mid 2:16's, maybe better. So it does work on the wheel aswell as the controller. :)

Pope

Formula Karter
May 26, 2015
Just tested the setup i posted on my new T300 and hit the same lap times after about 15 laps adjusting to the wheel. I'm still abit dodgy on the wheel lol but potentially that setup could do mid 2:16's, maybe better. So it does work on the wheel aswell as the controller. :)
You seem to be the perfect candidate to test wheel v's pad. It'd be interesting to hear your views on how close they are matched.
Also, good work on the T300 purchase. A sound investment!

Walsh89-

GP2 1st Driver
Jan 14, 2014
You seem to be the perfect candidate to test wheel v's pad. It'd be interesting to hear your views on how close they are matched.
Also, good work on the T300 purchase. A sound investment!
Yeah I'm impressed with the wheel so far, the brake pedal isn't great but i had the dfgt before so it's still better than the brake on that lol. The wheel itself is very good, i'm liking the paddle shifters and the ffb is good(i have it on default atm). Only just had enough buttons to map everything for project cars though.

As for wheel vs pad, it's still early days yet for me, i don't have much consistency with the T300 but i've done an hour and a half with it and have PB sectors for S1 and S2 with a tenth to find in S3. So if i could hook it all up i'd be faster on the wheel with likely more time to find after getting more used to driving on the game with it.

I'm shocked just how different the game is on a wheel, you can tell it was mainly designed for it. The pad is still competitive though, particularly over 1 lap. Race pace i'm not sure as the wheel runs it's it tyres 10 degrees cooler which could improve tyre wear.

EDIT: Did a few more laps and sorted the final chicane in S3 so i can now hit 35.2's regularly. I beat my quali time which was my PB by a hundreth lol, however the track had more grip with 10 cars putting rubber down so with just me on my own that's a decent improvement.

If i could be bothered and hit the sectors i can there's probably a 2:16.5/6. Maybe with setup tweaks to suit the wheel low 2:16. But there's no point chasing it as we are on to Watkins Glen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lorrentz

Pope

Formula Karter
May 26, 2015
Yeah I'm impressed with the wheel so far, the brake pedal isn't great but i had the dfgt before so it's still better than the brake on that lol. The wheel itself is very good, i'm liking the paddle shifters and the ffb is good(i have it on default atm). Only just had enough buttons to map everything for project cars though.

As for wheel vs pad, it's still early days yet for me, i don't have much consistency with the T300 but i've done an hour and a half with it and have PB sectors for S1 and S2 with a tenth to find in S3. So if i could hook it all up i'd be faster on the wheel with likely more time to find after getting more used to driving on the game with it.

I'm shocked just how different the game is on a wheel, you can tell it was mainly designed for it. The pad is still competitive though, particularly over 1 lap. Race pace i'm not sure as the wheel runs it's it tyres 10 degrees cooler which could improve tyre wear.

EDIT: Did a few more laps and sorted the final chicane in S3 so i can now hit 35.2's regularly. I beat my quali time which was my PB by a hundreth lol, however the track had more grip with 10 cars putting rubber down so with just me on my own that's a decent improvement.

If i could be bothered and hit the sectors i can there's probably a 2:16.5/6. Maybe with setup tweaks to suit the wheel low 2:16. But there's no point chasing it as we are on to Watkins Glen.
Fair play. I was wondering what effect the pad was having on the tyres as I've noticed some strange front wheel angles on pad users. The game seems to render the players input (so the tyres looks to be on full-lock if the player has the stick fully left/right) yet have some steering lock limiting magic going on in the actual physics. It seems there's some extra heat caused by the scrubbing of the tyres when using a pad. That and its a lot easier to get the right amount of lock quicker using a wheel so again, less scrub - less heat.

As for the pedals, yeah.. Bit meh.. The T500 pedals are a lot better but the T300 wheel is far, far smoother. I'd still buy the T300 over the T500.
A friend of mine in work has done a relatively cheap mod on his T300 pedals using some RC shocks, a few screws and a couple of meccano brackets. Think it came in at under £10 and has greatly improved the feel of the brake pedal.
[DOUBLEPOST=1434127316][/DOUBLEPOST]I'll try get some photos and links to where he got his parts from if anyone's interested/cares..?