PS4 - AOR GT3 Elite - Round 3 - Watkins Glen GP - 17/06/15 @ 8:15pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 Elite - Round 3 - Watkins Glen GP - 17/06/15 @ 8:15pm

Walsh89-

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Round 3 - Watkins Glen GP
GT3 Season 1

Race Information:
Date: Wednesday 17th June 2015
Lobby opens: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:15pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 34 Laps

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Tyre wear: Note that tyre wear is set to "x7" with the intention to spice up the strategy element of the races, where drivers may go for different tyre compounds and one or even two pit-stops may be needed, depending on drivers' ability to look after their tyres. This gives the racing more of an "endurance" feel, despite the race only lasting for about an hour. And remember; it's the same for everyone!

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Informed Absences:

Kiz41 - holiday

Last edited:

Walsh89-

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2014
I don't really know this track very well and just having got a T300 it's going to be an interesting week learning the track and adjusting to the game on the wheel. It's like playing a different game to be honest, it's a lot better with a T300. :)

But i have no idea how i'll go for this race...could be good or a disaster lol.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
I don't really know this track very well and just having got a T300 it's going to be an interesting week learning the track and adjusting to the game on the wheel. It's like playing a different game to be honest, it's a lot better with a T300. :)

But i have no idea how i'll go for this race...could be good or a disaster lol.
The t300 kicks ass :) i also havent turn wheel on this track and dont know it very well either it seems like a challenging track will do some laps later to find out what times we need here :D

Bluerat

Formula 3 1st Driver
May 14, 2015
Yeah I've never seen this track before but after a few laps last night, I'm quickly becoming fond of it. When you hook up a decent lap it seems to really flow quite well. Looking forward to racing on it.

An0n

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2014
Never done a lap around here on any game & only ran the GT3 cars for the first time yesterday to post some times so i could get into this league, it'll be an interesting few days!

Reactions: ANTONIOS1978

Walsh89-

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Never done a lap around here on any game & only ran the GT3 cars for the first time yesterday to post some times so i could get into this league, it'll be an interesting few days!
Welcome to the league An0n, could you please check out the car selection thread and choose one of the available cars(McLaren and BMW are full, Aston, Audi and RUF are all available). Also could you post your preferred livery with your car selection.

Thanks. :)

Reactions: ANTONIOS1978

An0n

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2014
Thanks, yep no problem i'll have a flick through the liveries this evening and see which one me likey.

Are the cars set to 'equal' in the race or do they have different characteristics ? i've not been playing the game long so not sure, it's just so i know if i should spend time trying out the available cars or not and seeing which one suits me better.

Walsh89-

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Thanks, yep no problem i'll have a flick through the liveries this evening and see which one me likey.

Are the cars set to 'equal' in the race or do they have different characteristics ? i've not been playing the game long so not sure, it's just so i know if i should spend time trying out the available cars or not and seeing which one suits me better.
All the GT3 cars handle slightly different and it will be personal preference and driving style that determines which suits you best. I'd avoid the Ginetta and BMW M3 if i was you as they have been reported to be abit slower than the rest.

The Aston is very fast in a straight line but suffers with mid corner understeer, potentially a very good car though with the right setup i think. The Audi is also quick on the straights but can be oversteery in the corners i believe, it also has a tendency to run it's tyres at a higher temperature so could be worse on tyre wear, however that may not be the case as some seem to get long stints out of the tyres with the Audi.

The RUF is a car that i don't know much about tbh, i only used it for the time trial and didn't really like it. I think it may be similar to the BMW Z4 in that it's lightweight and good through the corners, i noticed at Catalunya it was great through high speed corners. It may lack abit of straightline speed though.

But anyway there's not much between the cars so i guess you'll need to give them a try and see which you prefer. :)

Drastics

2-time AOR PS4 GT3 Elite Champion
May 6, 2015
Only did a couple of laps around here the other day and was in the 42's so I'm guessing low 42's or 41's, I'm not to sure tbh.

Btw, the people that wanted help with the BMW Setup, I just posted my setups I used here for the two races gone. http://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/bmw-z4-gt3.6699/#post-101934

Just thought I'll post them as some people had asked about setups. Didn't change much going from each track but I guess it's a decent base setup to mess around with.

Reactions: Bluerat

NervoTank

Reigning AOR PS3 Sunday F1 Champion
Sep 9, 2014
Shame I'm not on the BMW :(

Also can someone can tell me which are the tires that you use during the race? And how much kilos of fuel you put? Coz at spa I messed up completely and run with +50 compared to others isn't great lol

Drastics

2-time AOR PS4 GT3 Elite Champion
May 6, 2015
Shame I'm not on the BMW :(

Also can someone can tell me which are the tires that you use during the race? And how much kilos of fuel you put? Coz at spa I messed up completely and run with +50 compared to others isn't great lol
Surely it's better if you test what strategy works best for you yourself?

Reactions: iSuperScrub

An0n

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2014
I'm stuck in the 43's at the moment but learning the track still and dialling out alot of mid corner under steer

Walsh89-

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2014
The best I've done so far is a 1:42.5 with the potential to hit a low 1:42 but mostly mid to late 42's at the moment. I'm still adjusting to the wheel a little but definitely enjoying the game more with the T300. Having said that i don't like Watkins Glen. :p

Me and Drastic's seem fairly close on lap times at the moment although we seem to be quicker in different sectors, hopefully i can get closer to him than the first couple of races.

Walsh89-

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2014
After doing the social, i have a feeling this race will be damage limitation for me, qualifying pace is decent but race pace is very average as i have to run the hard tyre in both stints to make a 1 stopper work. It's going to be a long race lol.

An0n

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2014
I learned how not to do my race strategy in that social, i accidentally loaded some random one for a formula A car.

Hope i can break into the 1.41's before qualifying but it'll take some work

Pope

Formula Karter
May 26, 2015
Think I'm going to have to bail on tonight. Sorry!
I've had a mad busy week with work/home, I haven't even turned my PS4 on since last weds. Fired it up 15mins ago and totally forgot about the patch.. That'll be finished downloading at 8pm, leaving me with 0mins to learn the track etc..
Apologies everyone, have a good'en
[DOUBLEPOST=1434566496][/DOUBLEPOST]EDIT: I may as well trundle round the back and score some points. If this patch hurries up I'll take part

An0n

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2014
Well i screwed that up, had a crap qualifying, only got 1 clean lap, didn't even get into the 42's.

Decent race start but the car felt horrible which is odd because the other race sims i did it felt fine but this time i was having loads of oversteer, so much that i spun 3 times, i damaged my suspension so had to pit, after i pitted the car was still knackered, the steering wheel was vibrating like hell on the straights, had loads of understeer and there was just no point in carrying on.

oh well, on to the next one!

NervoTank

Reigning AOR PS3 Sunday F1 Champion
Sep 9, 2014
Here's my short race review:

Q: Nailed the lap with a 41.8 which could have been improved but still enough for taking the pole.

R: Clean start and loose position at the exit and give back the overtake Walsh did me on T1 as we did on social last day. I was pushing and pulling off Walsh and Drastics for a considered gap tbf. Then on lap 6 I guess I just got an autospin on the kerb coz I haven't nearly touch it and directly to the wall making me spun and loosing all chances to win. After that, I was 3 sec off my pace and enter the out to fix damage and all stuff. Once I come back, the bug of 4 wheels red came and had massive understeer, the rear was going so easily. Decided to enter again the pits and the game put me the intermediates, doing my cars driving on ice. Finally decided to quit again, and it's the second in a row.. I felt I had the chance to win but I'm happy that I have improved a lot from spa to here.

See you on next one and congrats to the podium ;)

Cpt.JJ

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
That was a frustrating race, as I was close to the front pace was for the first time this season, only for the pit crew to screw my tyres and make then too hot!!!

3 spins didn't help and I had a shout of a top 4 and maybe a podium...