AOR GT3 PC Elite Round 5: Road America - 28.03.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 PC Elite Round 5: Road America - 28.03.18 @8pm UK time

rillo7105

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
I believe the first dsc in the lobby is caused by high latency for the guys from the eastern countries.

The DS has some known issues that haven’t been fixed yet.

We need a p2p host in germany/netherlands/france ( central europe ) for the sessions to work better

For some strange reason Andrex was lagging during Q for me. Never seen that before

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Daniel Nesterowicz

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
I believe the first dsc in the lobby is caused by high latency for the guys from the eastern countries.

The DS has some known issues that haven’t been fixed yet.

We need a p2p host in germany/netherlands/france ( central europe ) for the sessions to work better

For some strange reason Andrex was lagging during Q for me. Never seen that before
IIRC, @AndrexUK was lagging quite badly during the first minutes of qualy during the practice race too.

Regarding the split, I don't think it's host related... I was host and I'm from France.
We had 3 lobbies split and it happened about the same time : Elite, Pro, SP.

EDIT: It seems it's a 4/4 as AM had a lobby split too ...

Nagrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi, in practice race , I saw @AndrexUK teleporting at the beginning of the session.
In the real race (pro), I saw @Ironik teleporting at the beginning as well.
Maybe this issue is related to being the host.

• Informative
Reactions: Ironik

rillo7105

Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
Anyway it is a disaster when it happens and no one has a clue what causes it.

• Agree
Reactions: Ironik

Murphy

AOR XB1 GT3 Elite Champion
Oct 14, 2016
If you want I can give hosting a try. I've hosted ESL events, rallycross etc..etc...and never had any issues with any of the guys and majority of those I'm racing against are from all over europe.

Wired connection, extremely low ping 90 download and 25upload.

Just an offer, no harm done if you refuse. Though I think it is more a problem with the game and players locations, not @AndrexUK 's connection.

Only other thing to do is we all chuck in a few quid to get a dedicated PCars2 AOR server. Think it's like 12 or 13 euro a month. Am I right @Yorkie065? Thats what I seen online.

EDIT: Yes I was 24th behind @VSR Noah, never happier to see a race end in my life

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
I got my Dedicated server running ok last night.
Will use it for tonight's Endurance race to confirm it working ok.
Nothing to loose by trying it.

If it works, I think a couple of us have DS's that we can use for the different tier's.

I'll let you know how tonight's race goes.. (Or you could watch King Steam it from the AOR Youtube channel :D )

Iceberg

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 9, 2016
Mass Disconnection Rules:
If more than 50% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will end, and the race order from the time of the first disconnection becomes the final result. Half points are awarded to all drivers.

Can anyone provide screenshots to give the missing results please?
Timeleft: 25:47

So far I have:
======
Confirmed
P1: @Popsu
P2: @Jardier
P3: @Mr. Van Ommen
P4: @fab.ICEMAN
P5: @Adalexis
P6: @Daniel Nesterowicz
P7: @Mark Bouwense (BOU)
P8: @Yorkie065
P9: @Tidgney
P10: @AndrexUK
P11: @mikkisbee
P12: @Oblit0r
P13: @Raigore
P14: @Doc
P15: @N1kmido
P16: @LeoNTheSickOne
P17: @Tudesertpac

=====
From looking at stream / drivers providing info
P18: @SteveA
P19: @rillo7105
P20: @Col.McCoy
P21: @Tex Wheeler
P22: @VSR Iceberg
P23: @VSR Noah
P24: @Murphy
P25: @rciq
P26: @Niclas Domino
@SteveA , @rciq , @Niclas Domino do you guys remember how big of the gap you had car in front of you when lobby split happened?

I can sort gaps for everybody else, so we know where people would drop if they get any penalties from this race

N1kmido

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Sep 17, 2016
@rillo7105 What happened between us from your perspective? I thought you´ll go for the defensive line but you came across at the very last second. I tried to get out of it as soon as I realized that you´re serious with it but I was on the grass already and couldn´t slow it down anymore.

Niclas Domino

iRacing Overlay Designer & AC Skin Creator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
I think i was about 10 sek behind rciq and i was p26 i Think and We had about 40-50 sek up to p 24 as we both did pit

• Informative
Reactions: Iceberg

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Yup, what he said

rillo7105

Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
@rillo7105 What happened between us from your perspective? I thought you´ll go for the defensive line but you came across at the very last second. I tried to get out of it as soon as I realized that you´re serious with it but I was on the grass already and couldn´t slow it down anymore.
Sorry but can’t remember the details. Got the flu and fever so i have hard time remembering anything from yesterday :wacky:

Adalexis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 3, 2018
Yes i had 2 seconds, but i didnt slow down ( in fact i slowed so much in grass ) as i put only 2wheels out of track if a remember, in that 6th gear slight turn in the back straight, wanna report to stewarts, but i had no replay

SteveA

Formula Karter
Jan 16, 2018
Sorry i dont remeber! Had my head full whith dealing whith my car sliding all over the Place ;)... Googled on this and there seem to be a bug that some people talk about when it comes to online races. "Oversteer bug"
Need to get my head around this and try to understand how to deal whith it.... (Car is totally different on raceday and as i drive low downforce setups it hits me hard when the downforce is even less on raceday)
Love theese races thow :), very competetive!!!

Adalexis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 3, 2018
Maybe is LiveTrack feature. i saw, everytime i did a pratice race, slightly different conditions. ( Heavy differences on rain )
But yes, driving in Apex night is always little different.
I used to pratice in this way:

TT for better knowing the track > Offline race > Online race filled with AI.

But, when i race online with you guys, track is simple more slippery and i feel lack of grip.
First thing i notice in qualy, in that when i'm exiting pits with cold tyres, is very different, and so much difficult, to drive first lap with these cold tyres, like icy feeling.
Then tyres get hot so slower than in offline and Online ( ai filled )

• Agree
Reactions: Tudesertpac