AOR GT3 PC Elite Round 6: Long Beach - 04.04.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 PC Elite Round 6: Long Beach - 04.04.18 @8pm UK time

rillo7105

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
Does the BMW feels different for you?
The Renault is weird now. Much more twitchy / oversteery.
I'm not really sure though. I should try around long beach to be sure...[/QUOTE
Did a Q lap at long beach just to compare. The car didn’t feel as stable as on wednesdays session so maybe there were some tweaks in the patch for overall handeling also. Tbc

Reactions: Ironik

Col.McCoy

F1 Sponsored Driver
May 26, 2016
Oh yeah, something I forgot to mention... the single file start was crap and very dangerous!
First of all, there was no real single file with short distances in my oppinion (and ofcourse people still weaving/warming up their tyres). Don't know what the problem was, but the gap between P11 and P12 was huge, as well as P7 and P8
Acceleration started right after the hairpin, due to leader single file already being way past the accel point, BUT due to whatever reason (people in front not accelerated yet, or people avoiding overtakes before the finish line, the acceleration out of the hairpin came to a very dangerous hold on the finish line, in my case:
Reached a top speed of 170kph, to suddenly come to a full massive braking of 95 kph and than acceleration again. I could almost had even hold the 170 kph as the finish line was just in front of me and overtakes would have been legal... but that wouldn't have been fair racing.

So in the future, any single file, should be tested and considered more carefully IMO. Also (nothing against @AndrexUK, how could he have known single file so far back"?!) Andrex was still talking going through 'important' topics to consider during race start, allthough the race in the front already started.

Also a little bit more professional driving from the formation point, would very much help! Too many people keep weaving or doing brake warmup and thereby alternating between speeds. Brake warmup can be easily done by just standing both on the brakes as throttle, keeping a costant 80kph

rillo7105

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
The start was kind of strange.. i saw the cars in front accelerating and the from nowhere braking on the "straight" so i was caught by the cars behind going 3 wide at some point.. i think we should have gone for "normal" starting procedure 2x2 and moved the acc zone forward a bit so all the cars could have been on the main straight during the start..

Col.McCoy

F1 Sponsored Driver
May 26, 2016
Yeah I know it's easy talking after the fact... but to ignore what happened is also wrong ;-).
I agree that moving up the accel zone would have definetely been a good choice, allthough, as we did during social race on the 2nd january, I don't think it went very bad with the original start point. Can't remember if we reduced the formation kph from 80 to 50 for example, which is also an 'alternative'

Shooter80

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
I'm not really sure though. I should try around long beach to be sure...
It utterly broken to me, tried it with my Road America setup I have hundreds of laps in with. Its un-driveable. The rear is super unstable, snaps around like I'm driving a 90's mustang, rolls around like a fully loaded van, cooks the outside/left tyre if I even dare to touch the throttle while turning. The diff feels like it works backwards, and it feels like it has terrible rear bump-steer. Its 3x the effort to drive and slower.

I expect that I can get it to at least be stable by completely changing the setup, but it will never be anywhere near as fun to drive as it was, I'll never get it to go the same speed as before without ending up having a stroke. I don't think I'd have a chance of lasting a 7 lap public race with it, never mind an hour long race.

Its no BMW, its an insult to the guys (and girls) in Munich.

Sad days...

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realise this was the Elite thread when I posted, please do feel free to delete this if its cluttering things up.

Last edited:

DaWu

AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro S8 Champion
May 22, 2017
I'm not really sure though. I should try around long beach to be sure...
The BMW does turn now :rofl: and is able to brake :unsure:.
So yeah the BMW feels better now. But feels like a different car so i need to learn it again :penguin: