AOR GT3 PC Elite S9 - Round 1: Circuit of the Americas - 28.02.18 @ 8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 PC Elite S9 - Round 1: Circuit of the Americas - 28.02.18 @ 8pm UK time

Iceberg

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 9, 2016

ROUND 1 - Circuit of the Americas

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 28 February 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 1 Hour

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Centre.

● In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 25 March 2018, 06:00
- Race start time: 25 March 2018, 07:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Yorkie065
@SteveA
@Col.McCoy

Last edited:

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this first race.

...Thought I'd give everyone a bit of a head start :rofl:

Good luck all!

Col.McCoy

F1 Sponsored Driver
May 26, 2016
Same here, on vacation. Have fun!

Jeff[NL]

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2016
Everybody good luck tonight on the first race of this season ! Let's see some amazing racing guys !

Reactions: Vernux

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
Everybody good luck tonight on the first race of this season ! Let's see some amazing racing guys !
Damn, I'd like to be able to watch this live :p

Tex Wheeler

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 13, 2018
The first laps were rather interesting. Sorry for @N1kmido and @Tejpek for me hitting you in the first lap, after the long straight. :facepalm: (I was in the Porsche #912)

Murphy

AOR XB1 GT3 Elite Champion
Oct 14, 2016
Super happy with 8th in the Ginetta. Man it's slow on the straights.

Some great battles, just didn't have the top end. Mega in the corners though

mtZ

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 12, 2018
So pissed. Had a strong pace in the practice sessions but the car felt so much different in the race and even in Qualifying. Guess it's still bugged, several friends of mine had those issues in the past. That's what I call a "sim"....

Adalexis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 3, 2018
It was a terrible experience for me, and at the same time my 7th is an incredible victory for me.
I had, but I thought you all had it, a huge problem of lag or I do not know what.
My car went back and forth in time, as if the frames were random and not consecutive. The first laps I was going to retire, but then I took courage, even if driving like that was so risky and above all I had to go very slowly and leave room.

My girlfriend has made a video, you can not see very well, but you see, the car that moves continuously and changes position in jerks as if it went back in time for a few milliseconds.

I've never seen anything like this in my 300 hours of online gaming on project cars 2.

Anyway I'm very happy for my 7th place, but sad because I turned constantly 1/2 seconds out of my peace. and the track was in excellent condition.

Daniel Nesterowicz

AOR PC GT3 Pro S8 Champion
Nov 21, 2015
Absolute sht..... going from P10 to P29 1st corner.... - well since its the reserve driver @Murphy and i wont get more points for taking this to stewards. i wont make more out of it. at least after the PIT stop... i waas 20 sec behind P28.... and after 1 hour i was P12 (maybe 11)

so looking at that it was one hell of race for me..

rciq

Formula Karter
Dec 21, 2017
After a steady practice race yesterday (finished 3rd without much action) I decided to further improve my race setup (to compensate for some mid-race understeer) and to do something about FPS drops I occasionally had in T2...
The framerate "fix" made my VR so unstable I had to drop off quali to undo it. I barely made it back in time. I started the race last, but made my way up easily to P13, mainly by avoiding accidents. I had good pace - better than many guys in front, but the car was a bit difficult to control. Much worse than yesterday (before the "improvement") and not really faster either. 5 laps later I caught the next guy, but the car decided to throw itself into a wall. I had to take a long pit stop to repair suspension damage. Dropped to P27 without hope of catching anybody.

I'm quite disappointed, as the original setup from practice race yesterday easily had the pace and the understee... hmm... stability;) to get me through today with a good result. Of course I should blame myself, but I choose to blame the game like everyone else;)

Last edited:

Murphy

Oct 14, 2016
@Daniel Nesterowicz couldn't help that man. I had to avoid someone in the first corner and then got horrendous oversteer on corner exit. You just happened to be on my inside after my correction. Your slow motion from your angle doesn't really show what happened too well

Murphy

Oct 14, 2016
Thought racing line wasn't allowed in the top tier??

Adalexis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 3, 2018
Thought racing line wasn't allowed in the top tier??

Ooh s**t! I have eventually enabled by default. Wasn't my fault. Lobby should negate the option. Didn' t even noticed it.. with all the problems i had.

Oblit0r

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 10, 2018
Was quite a fun race for me. Had no problem with my setup this time around, just didn't have the pace to finish higher.
Made a few mistakes here and there, nothing too serious though. Got punted off track once, ran into @Tudesertpac once when he lost the rear of the car during one of the sharp corners and lost my rear once which caused a scraping incident with @Doc. Sorry for that, hope you didn't get any damage because of that.
Was surrounded or behind other people most of the race, so it was quite intense.

COTA isn't one of my favorite tracks, hopefully I'll be able to improve on my finishing position during some of the upcoming races. Will be quite difficult though, with so many fast people around :)

Congrats to the winners @Jardier, @Popsu and @LeoNTheSickOne. Great pace you guys had, especially Jardier and Popsu hitting mainly 2.05s.

Daniel Nesterowicz

AOR PC GT3 Pro S8 Champion
Nov 21, 2015
@Daniel Nesterowicz couldn't help that man. I had to avoid someone in the first corner and then got horrendous oversteer on corner exit. You just happened to be on my inside after my correction. Your slow motion from your angle doesn't really show what happened too well
its ok but - you still hit me clearly and no one was on your right, you could have went straight. I ended in pits while you drove away. :/
as i say - had a blast of a race from p28ish to p12 ish... 16 overtakes for sure.

N1kmido

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Sep 17, 2016
Guys there was way too much mayhem going on in the midfield during lap 1, even for a 30-car grid...

After having a little break and viewing my footage what exactly happened I´ve calmed down a bit but holy sh*t - I was absolutely furious about some people´s behaviour. I´m not only referring to what has happened to myself (been hit multiple times, though I was actually lucky to survive lap 1 with only 8 front damage - pretty alarming words imo) but even more what I´ve witnessed going on in front of me.

I get that this is Elite and we´re racing each other hard which I´m absolutely fine with. At some point though there is a red line when unnecessary risks are being taken or respect about fellow racers goes lost. Don´t get me wrong, I´m not blaming anyone for making mistakes - surely not as I´m producing more of them than I´d like to by myself - but I blame people for being overly aggressive in the opening laps.

If you need an evidence that I´m not simply raging after having a terrible race, pls watch the video below. (My POV from Lap 1)
I´m still fighting myself if I should take anything seen there to the stewards. Main thing I want is to appeal to everyone: Pls be (a lot) more careful after the start. I can only repeat what @AndrexUK is literally preaching before every race since decades: You can not win a race on lap 1 but you can destroy it and many other´s as well.

In fact with the damage and being more than a second off my optimal pace I still had the chance to snitch away one or two points but bottled it all by myself in the end.

Reactions: SteveA

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Have to agree with N1k..
It seamed very 'public lobby like' with ppl braking in their normal brake points, even though there were cars bunched up ahead, so they would of course be going slower.
I think some of the dive bombs were certainly not intentional, but for me, there were several cases where if I stuck to my normal line, I would have been hit / taken out.

I know ppl want to get through the field, and take any opportunity for a pass they can, but you have to think about the other drivers you are sharing a track with. When there is traffic, they are almost certain to be going slower than driving solo (due to defending / attacking / dirty air), you have to allow for this, and not run over the back of them, just because you can brake later.

I don't really mind a bit of contact (from the side) that doesn't really affect the other guy, but driving into the back of someone is not league level driving (certainly not elite level!).

There are a lot of new drivers this season, and clearly they have a lot of pace. But this is not Hot lapping / Qually / 6 lap public lobby sprint races!
Picking up damage, can really mess up your race :(
Inflicting damage on someone else, can really mess up THEIR race :< You wouldn't want someone to do it to you, so do the best you can to not do it to someone else.

As much as I was very nervous whenever I had someone behind me, there was a decent amount of good driving tonight!

My race was 100% average, mostly avoiding ppl (one way or another). I don't have the pace of most of you guys, but it doesn't seam to stop me from gaining many positions... I'm certainly glad it's done, as I don't enjoy the track at all tbh, and despite my bad qually time (maybe even worse than normal), I'm happy to walk away with a top 15.
I don't feel the M6 was very strong here at all, so be aware, that if @Vernux can do a VERY solid race here in a very average car, he will be charging in the 2nd half of the season (where I think the M6 will catch up again).

Lets just keep it nice and clean for Race 2, and respect the guys that have worked hard to get to this level beside you!

LeoNTheSickOne

AOR Project CARS Snow Champion 2019
Jan 17, 2018
I must say that i agree with both Andrex and Nik.

I was surprised how super aggressive people were in the first lap. My plan the first lap was pretty much to stay in my position, lift of throttle early and not try to do any overtaking unless there was a very clear opening. In this way the track gets thinner in a lap and the battle can begin. But people were dive bombing and trying to go 2 wide in the first "snake" section up the hill which caused them to spin. I had to give up 2-3 positions to people driving super aggressive and doing dive bombs. If i hadnt given up my position crashes would have happened. I mean if you let 2-3 people pass you in first lap thats fine. Because if you are faster than them you will pass them within 55 minutes. If they are faster you cant defend from them anyway. I dont understand why people have such a hurry in the first lap. Its really sad to see :/