AOR GT3 PC Elite S9 - Round 1: Circuit of the Americas - 28.02.18 @ 8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 PC Elite S9 - Round 1: Circuit of the Americas - 28.02.18 @ 8pm UK time

fab.ICEMAN

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 5, 2018
I was the one who tried to overtake you in the S'es on first lap @LeoNTheSickOne
I take the full blame for what happened and I feel truly sorry for causing such a dangerous situation. Believe me, that was not how I planned to start into the season. You're right, I should have been way more careful going two-wide with you into the corners, especially with those cold tires.

But I don't think I divebombed you there.

You can see I was off throttle on the curbs but my car was not settled down approaching those. That's probably what caused me to spin. I could almost hold it together, but yea, only almost. Will definitely start practicing cold-tires race starts next time.

Something else: I had very very bad stutters as well, almost as bad as Adalexis had. (You can see it in the first seconds of the clip) That's not an excuse for my mistake, but I would really like to know how to fix those stutters. I thought they would go away after the first few laps, but they didnt. Had them throughout the whole race.. Every couple of seconds my screen freezes for a few tenths and I don't know what my car is doing in that time. I haven't had it that bad so far at all. Any recommendations or tips?

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
Ooh s**t! I have eventually enabled by default. Wasn't my fault. Lobby should negate the option. Didn' t even noticed it.. with all the problems i had.
You're such a n00b !! You have nothing to do in Elite !! :rofl:

Congrats mate for your 7th besides your problems. (y)

rillo7105

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
Seems the stuttering issue is wide spread. Had it couple of times last night but in the practice race it was worse. I thought it was because i was hosting but i think it is 2 different issues. Lag and freezing when people left the lobby in the practice race made my race very interesting that time.

I udated the nvidia drivers yesterday but got the stuttering dispite that couple of times. I wouldn’t say it is game breaking but very annoying and depending on the race situation it can be quite dangerous

LeoNTheSickOne

AOR Project CARS Snow Champion 2019
Jan 17, 2018
@fab.ICEMAN Yeah i was not refering to you as divebomber, i was talking about other people in later turns so dont worrie :) But yeah you probably realized that its better to take it more easy in the first lap xD Fortunately i could catch my car after you hit me and i managed to drive safely away so no harm from my side. But i believe other cars behind you might have gotten a little damage from trying to avoid you and braking in to eachother?

I hope we can see more careful driving from everyone in the upcoming races atleast. We are afterall Elite tier, but we drive like Ping Pong Tier :rofl:

Reactions: SteveA

Mr. Van Ommen

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 4, 2018

Last edited:

Adalexis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 3, 2018
IMHO first lap was a massacre because of the very cold tires in the first series of fast corners. People could not prove that situation in a practice offline race. I agree however that one should be very quiet on the first lap and do not attack immediately.
Luckily I was just ahead of the pack, and I could do my pace without pushing, with all my problems. As soon as @fab.ICEMAN attacked me, I let him pass because in my condition I could not afford to fight. But I noticed that you Fab were just slow for your qualities too.

My problem, analyzing better ... It seemed that the car was going too fast, going out sync, and then brought back every second. Yesterday I installed new nvidia drivers, maybe I'll do a check.

But it's really strange, never happened in 300 of online gaming.

Reactions: fab.ICEMAN

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
Was last nights race hosted pier to pier or on a dedicated server?

Oblit0r

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 10, 2018
P2P

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Not tried my DS for a long time tbh, in fact, my sub may even have ran out tbh....
Has there been any work done on DS stability in the last 2 patches or so?

But yes, this was P2P

Tex Wheeler

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 13, 2018

AndrexUK

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 6, 2015
I also had issues with the setup of the lobby using the DS as well, it was a royal pain in the arse to have to change the config file, and some of the values didn't actually give the correct setting in the lobby (and then you couldn't change it in the lobby, so had to restart, and edit the config file again.
It was at the point where, it was more effort than it was worth to use it.

Sounds like the AM tier had almost the exact same issues as us.
Mass DC during Qually (cause they started on time - we were delayed, so our DC happened in the lobby (thankfully))
And also micro stuttering for some drivers, mostly in Sector 1.

DaWu

AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro S8 Champion
May 22, 2017
I also had issues with the setup of the lobby using the DS as well, it was a royal pain in the arse to have to change the config file, and some of the values didn't actually give the correct setting in the lobby (and then you couldn't change it in the lobby, so had to restart, and edit the config file again.
It was at the point where, it was more effort than it was worth to use it.

Sounds like the AM tier had almost the exact same issues as us.
Mass DC during Qually (cause they started on time - we were delayed, so our DC happened in the lobby (thankfully))
And also micro stuttering for some drivers, mostly in Sector 1.
Pro had the same problem. We started 21:01 and in the end of the quali, every one lagged and DCed... we had to build the lobby new and also made a new 10 min Quali... Some guys had mini laggs in sector 1 aswell (not every one)

AndrexUK

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Ok, so there is a good chance the Mass DC could have been a Steam thing, but not sure that I saw ppl log off > on to steam, so not sure...

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
Ok, so there is a good chance the Mass DC could have been a Steam thing, but not sure that I saw ppl log off > on to steam, so not sure...
Yeah, 19 drivers dropped during Qualification.
The restart was nearly perfect with one drop at the end of the session.

We changed the host though so can't be sure what the problem was but 3 Tiers having the same issue at the same time sounds like a Steam issue to me.
I hope so.

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
Not tried my DS for a long time tbh, in fact, my sub may even have ran out tbh....
Has there been any work done on DS stability in the last 2 patches or so?

But yes, this was P2P
There was some work done to it in patch 4 and also in patch 4.1 (fixing high pings due to unnecessary packets), but from what I can tell from feedback on the official forums, P2P still seems like the better way to go atm if the host has the connection for it. I'm not doubting your connection Andrex as it should be easily good enough for the hosting, just a little baffled as to why some people were having issues with small screen freezes and other things as haven't really heard of those issues before.

My initial thinking of things that could be causing it would be down to individuals settings, programs that they have running in the background and how long their game has been running. Some things that I'd suggest to try and reduce the risk of something effecting the game include:
- Closing down the game and loading it back up again just before joining the lobby to ensure that any data from sessions prior to joining the lobby isn't being cached and having some kind of potential effect on the qualifying and race. I know on Project CARS 1 we used to ask people to drive no further than the end of sector 1 in the warm up session so people have a chance to test all their setup settings and wheel is working fine, without adding too much data to the session as that seemed to cause things to go a bit hay-wire as time went on.
- Ensuring you're getting a good constant frame rate, ideally 60FPS constantly. Obviously reducing graphical settings and minimizing the number of programs running in the background help this. This is specially important if you're planning on recording live gameplay at the same time, running constant 60FPS in-game is one thing, but keeping that and recording at 60FPS (or whatever settings you're recording at) is a different thing and you may not actually be meeting that recording target! Reducing settings and making sure you have the equipment to handle both will help. If you can't record at the desired settings and your system is struggling, try lowering settings (in-game and also in recording software), different recording software, recording to a different hard drive or potentially even upgrading hardware if you have the money/want to. Recording your race live isn't a requirement, so if you're struggling it might be worth not bothering to record live, and instead record the replay after.
- Reducing the number of programs or software running in the background. Obviously, the more stuff you have going, the more it is going to tax the system, and the more risk of unlikely effects could be happening to the game. Even apps like telemetry, crew chief could (most certainly not saying they are) have an unknown effect on the game. The game is developed and tested without all these apps running (although of course the game is developed to allow for the apps) so anything extra is additional risk. I obviously don't want to deter you from using apps whilst racing as there are some brilliant ones out there which really add to the experience and provide very useful info about your car and race, but I would consider the apps that your running and the necessity of those apps in league races and turn off some that aren't actually needed or you can make do without.

Like I said, just some ideas to try and make things more stable for people and hopefully reduce any issues that they may be running into unknowingly through stuff they're doing or running which could be having an effect on the game. Take this story as an example, we had a guy message a bunch of us Coordinators in the first half of last season that he was getting a disconnect only ever in a league races for the first half of the season, but only on the Wednesday night, and it was consistently around 9pm UK time. He thought it was the game at first, but then he realized something that matched with that date and time; his kid always went to bed later on weds evenings and his wife would heat a bottle of milk in the microwave at that time. The microwave was situated directly between his PC and the router (he was using wireless (not recommended if you can avoid it but his certainly sounded stable enough anyway at any other time)). Turns out that his wife using the microwave interfered with the wifi connection and was causing him to drop from his league races. He trialed new arrangements with the heating of the milk (not using the microwave or doing it at a different time), and wollah, he finished every race in the second half of the season without a disconnect. Technology, as advanced as it is getting these days, can still be fragile from something that seems completely unrelated to the game but still has an effect. Obviously, if you don't have a baby, milk to heat or even a microwave, the above isn't going to be much use but hopefully you get my point :rofl:

rillo7105

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
Yeah, i think my wife is using the D**do when i'm racing and it is connected to her phone for the telemetry. The data from the D is so huge it's flooding my network.. :p

Reactions: SteveA

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
Just a quick suggestion guys but you don't think the poor weather in the UK and other places in Europe had something to do with it.

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018
Surprised to hear you guys on the PC had issues also, the Xbox was a total mess, clipping ffb slow frame rate etc, so bad we cancelled the elite race halfway through ( I was leading so a shame for me) I'm thinking of getting a PC mainly because I thought PCars2 and other titles run better, is this not the case or was last night an isolated incident?

AndrexUK

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Yeah - I work in IT, and have heard of Microwaves interfering with wi-fi connections in the past.
Obviously, this sounds like it's affecting quite a few ppl, but not all.
Would be interesting if it was only affecting the ppl that maybe didn't restart the game after the DC!
But strange that it seamed consistent in that ppl were mentioning Sector 1 a fair bit... :S

I'll certainly stick to P2P
Got the 2 hour Le-Mans endurance league race tonight, so will see how that goes and report back if any further similar issues there.

Reactions: Yorkie065

DaWu

AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro S8 Champion
May 22, 2017
@Yorkie065
We had this problem in 3 diffrent lobbys around the same time, dont think its a user problem.
Is has to be somehting about Steam or the Game itself.

Bcs in Pro every one was seeing guys disconnect even if they didnt. And the whole track was full of lagging standing cars xD.
And some guys got insane PCs and connections...