PC - AOR GT3 Pro - R4: Snetterton 300 12/04/2017 @ 8pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 Pro - R4: Snetterton 300 12/04/2017 @ 8pm

EVR Morvic

Reigning AOR PC GT Endurance Champion
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
Yeah guys, we had a mass disconnect. We completed over 50% of the race, so we stay with the positions we finished before the mass d/c happened and we count half points. I guess this is just unfortunate and we have to deal with it, I'm annoyed aswell.

Reactions: Fast_draw7

N1kmido

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Sep 17, 2016
I think it was mentioned like 10 times from the beginning of the season until now that you shouldn´t leave while others are still racing - people just continue to do it. :troll:

• Agree
Reactions: GA89

EVR Morvic

DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
I think it was mentioned like 10 times from the beginning of the season until now that you shouldn´t leave while others are still racing - people just continue to do it. :troll:
I don't really think that was the main issue - @ramdrop mentioned it before, that sunset races tend to have D/C's. As both options can be possible I think it's not right to punish the guys that left few laps earlier.
But definetely - if you retire from the race, never quit the server.

GA89

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 21, 2015
Well race went just about as good as I thought it would, since I haven't driven this track before and only got 1h practice before race, dead last for me :D
Could we maybe change some rules about not driving, because there was no time to practice not counting as no show? I feel like it is better to not drive in that case and not creating danger for others. There is a rule "Accepted reasons for quitting could be that you are a danger to other drivers on track due to poor driving". Feels to me that not participating for this reason would be better than leaving lobby during race. Just my thoughts :)

Anon1

F1 Champion
Apr 13, 2016
next race will start at 21 in game. If there is again sunset, then we maybe need to change the time settings

GA89

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 21, 2015
next race will start at 21 in game. If there is again sunset, then we maybe need to change the time settings
We just make everyone sign contract saying they wont leave lobby, maybe that will help a bit :D

Reactions: vadim

N1kmido

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Sep 17, 2016
I don't really think that was the main issue - @ramdrop mentioned it before, that sunset races tend to have D/C's. As both options can be possible I think it's not right to punish the guys that left few laps earlier.
But definetely - if you retire from the race, never quit the server.
Nah you can´t blame one single person because several people left, but for me it´s obvious that we wouldn´t have faced a mass disconnect if everyone stayed in until the end of the session.

EVR Morvic

DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
@Fast_draw7 you could see other people regaining their positions so it wasn't a problem for you to get back to yours aswell mate. It'd be good if you were on Discord that moment, that's why it's so crucial. Sorry for your loss anyway.

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
Combination of track, weather and disconnects I think.

When I've raced previously around sunset time and people have left, its caused people to disconnect like what happened today. Equally, someone could disconnect by no fault of their own and then inadvertently crash the session.

Moving onto the race:
Q: P7, I was quite happy with that, definitely a PB because I had done no low fuel running - was surprised to see how 'on average' pace I was. I was a few tenths behind and a few tenths ahead, so in no mans land.

R: P5 got a terrible start and I was almost immediately jumped by @maxafc46 who took an outside line in Turn 1, I wish I was there because I saw @Col.McCoy and @DANGEROUS GIANETTA have a little squabble. With the hairy things out the way I settled behind @Col.McCoy but had some grinding with a Bentley into T2, no harm done, tyres and brakes were cold so you almost expect these things.

Over the course of the stint, I saw 3 people spin out at the end of sector 2, @Col.McCoy @Fast_draw7 @Morvic and that left me about 5 seconds ahead of @W4ckyRac3r and I was catching @maxafc46 so I decided to pit early to undercut him. Turns out he had some issues and so I gained massively because of that. I was about 9-10 seconds behind @StarClassic before the disconnect happened.

I thought that if people don't take their position in the rolling start for whatever reason, they then have to start at the back? I don't mind either way, but just want to clarify it ;)

Congrats to my teammate @vadim and the other 2 podium sitters.

EVR Morvic

DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
I thought that if people don't take their position in the rolling start for whatever reason, they then have to start at the back? I don't mind either way, but just want to clarify it ;)
I've seen that D.G. just regained his position, so in order to avoid making more confusion I just let maxafc to get his aswell.