AOR GT3 PS4 tier 2 hockenheim gp 8/8/18 @8PM | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 PS4 tier 2 hockenheim gp 8/8/18 @8PM

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

I can now keep the pressure under 1.84 just by adapting the driving style. Leads to 1.40s which is ok for me. Pushing every lap doesn't work.

Looking forward to wednesday,
D.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Maybe ;) but you win no icecream or Chocolate that I know you love soooooo much :love:

Pretender

AOR iRacing GTE S8 AM Champion
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2017
I'll be practising aorund 8pm this evening if anyone is keen to join.
Id be happy to join as well, as haven't done any practice round here yet for this race, also need the practice with the new McLaren wheel and Load cell pedal I've just got :)

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Id be happy to join as well, as haven't done any practice round here yet for this race, also need the practice with the new McLaren wheel and Load cell pedal I've just got :)
Racing with a gt3 style rim is much better, don't think I could go back to a normal one, same with my load cell

Reactions: Pretender

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

I found a few documents regarding working tire pressures for GT cars. For example from the pirelli site: https://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-ww/motorsport/all-tyres/products-sheet/slick

"Generally speaking, “heated up” working pressures vary from 1.9 to 2.2 bar for GT cars"

Once the pressure on the rear of my AMG reaches >=1.84 bar (and it does in Hockenheim after 10-15 minutes of racing in the given conditions) the car becomes undriveable. Loose rear, no way to push properly, laptimes are dramatically decreasing, spinouts occur.

Glitch? What are your peak pressures (AMG or any other car)?

Today the behavior is worse than the last two days. No way to compete on wednesday.

D.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Hi,

I found a few documents regarding working tire pressures for GT cars. For example from the pirelli site: https://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-ww/motorsport/all-tyres/products-sheet/slick

"Generally speaking, “heated up” working pressures vary from 1.9 to 2.2 bar for GT cars"

Once the pressure on the rear of my AMG reaches >=1.84 bar (and it does in Hockenheim after 10-15 minutes of racing in the given conditions) the car becomes undriveable. Loose rear, no way to push properly, laptimes are dramatically decreasing, spinouts occur.

Today the behavior is worse than the last two days. No way to compete on wednesday.

D.
Don’t worry you will still beat me,last is what I’m aiming for round this track.

Pretender

AOR iRacing GTE S8 AM Champion
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hi,

D.
Don't think SMS base their tyre pressures of real-life unless it's off old figures rather than the latest. I aim for about 1.75 bar on hards as anything over 1.8 just handles like rubbish

Martynvr

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 28, 2016
Hi,

did a few longer runs. The tiretemp of the rear softs stay under 100°, but pressure is rising and rising. I start with lowest: 1.30 bar, after 20 minutes of racing they reach 1.85 bar - and the car starts sliding around.

So atm I have no working tirecombo for wednesday. 28° tracktemp, why the hell, why?

:cautious: D.
Ill use hard in front and soft at the rear as every race with the merc. Thing that actually gained me time and made me able to ride the curbs more was soften the front and soften the roll bar in front, the back is already very soft at my car. I Also increased bump stops a lot for the curbs. Not able to run top times though only 39 high with full fuel and low 40s with ease. Probably able to run 39s with a bit more practice tomorrow.

Martynvr

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 28, 2016
Besides my pressure was not above 1.80 even after half a race of Racing with the merc. Increased the brakeduct opening at the back to at least 40 as Well, but my rears arent really overheating not above 95 at least for the rear left.