PC - AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 1 - Round 1 Sonoma Raceway GP - 20.06.18 @8PM UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 1 - Round 1 Sonoma Raceway GP - 20.06.18 @8PM UK time

TX3 StorM

Formula Karter
Jan 28, 2018
Indeed I couldn't really set the pace in qualifying. I had done a lot of 1.27 and even did a 1.27.4 in practice, but I couldn't match the pace again, I still got pole.
But you don't win races in qualifying... That's the issue. And the new rule about pitstop really changed the whole outcome of the race, but I'm glad it's there because now you have a tool that can change your race, so I'm not gonna complain at all about it, I just didn't use it to my advantage.

Reactions: Ironik

Mr. Van Ommen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 4, 2018
My pace was also about a full second slower than in practice, while i pushed the car to about the absolute limit during the race. Really strange.

Even more strange is that my teammate took 90L of fuel, so did I. He had 3L+ left, I had two corners fuel short. Radiator/engine braking /differentials etc were the same on our cars.

After a decent run, with the underpaced car I had somehow, it was pretty crap to not finish at all.

Reactions: DyndaS

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
My pace was also about a full second slower than in practice, while i pushed the car to about the absolute limit during the race. Really strange.

Even more strange is that my teammate took 90L of fuel, so did I. He had 3L+ left, I had two corners fuel short. Radiator/engine braking /differentials etc were the same on our cars.

After a decent run, with the underpaced car I had somehow, it was pretty crap to not finish at all.
There are some factors regarding fuel consumption :
  • Red lining
  • Driving style
  • Driving in pack / driving by your own
Really sad for you though, you deserved better that's for sure. :(

Reactions: Mr. Van Ommen

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
Once again a slow start to the season. It shouldn´t surprise me but it still disappoints. ?

I never managed to find a good setup that I´d feel confident with over the whole 40 laps so the pace to realistically challenge for a top 10 wasn´t there for most parts of the race. Also choked qualifying which didn´t help. Decided to pit early instead of driving at the back of the pack and potentially try to benefit from clear air. It may would´ve worked but on lap 17 I spun on the exit of T5 by touching the gravel with the rear tires while accelerating. Without that mistake I would´ve been in that group around ~P12 but it was just the icing on the cake of a completely screwed Round 1.

Good to see though apart from the top 3 in this race the whole field really was quite close together on pace. Also hats off to @DiHeidi for putting that Z4 on the top step, I honestly think no one expected that, absolutely tremendous pace and consistency. ?

• Friendly
Reactions: DiHeidi

DyndaS

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 10, 2016
Yea... I still dont't get it why it was like that. I was driving multiple different session, and nowhere I was that slow like it always my race pace was around 1:29,0-1:29,5. I felt like it was less grip. Driving tuesday practice race I didin't notice that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Van Ommen