PC - AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 1 - ROUND 10 - Watkins Glen GP - 22.08.18 @8PM UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 1 - ROUND 10 - Watkins Glen GP - 22.08.18 @8PM UK time

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016

ROUND 10 - Watkins Glen GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday August 22nd 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 35 laps (34+1)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Centre.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 21 October 2018 - 16:00 (PM)
- Race start time: 21 October 2018 - 17:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
Sorry for the late posting guys ...

Welcome to Watkins Glen, New York!

After starting our season in Sonoma, on the west coast of the United States, we conclude our season on the east coast, in another world famous venue.

Closer to Toronto than New York, this small village has a long tradition of motor racing. To counter the adrenaline filled day, head out into the great outdoors and visit the Watkins Glen state park and enjoy the breathtaking scenery, small waterfalls and lush, green forests. Take a moment at the Rainbow Bridge and falls and take in natures beauty before heading back to the track!

Watkins Glen hosted the Grand Prix of the USA for almost 20 years straight, from 1961 to 1980.
Today it's a major venue in IMSA and NASCAR racing, featuring the famous 6h of the Glen.

The Qualifying will start under Light Clouds and the race will transition from Medium to Heavy Clouds.

Weather progression is Real-Time

Thank you for a wonderful season 10 and see you soon for season 11!

We hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

Reactions: Nagrom

Villalobos

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 4, 2017
No way to be here this evening , I got a new job a week ago and as you all know work is work, I've tried everything to get a free day for this race but without results. i'm so sad and angry, I love this track so much :mad:

Zenvoh

PC Triple Crown Le Mans GTE Winner
Mar 31, 2018
@Ironik I am very sorry but I won't be able to attend the race tonight, due to some real life issues. I am very sorry for this as I really wanted to race, my apologies. I will post a another message later thanking everyone for their hard work hosting this season, it has been loads of fun and I can not wait for next season.

Once again, I'm sorry for not being able to race :(

Good luck to all competitors

• What?
Reactions: The Hunter

Bezerka

Pro Karter
Apr 23, 2016
Apologies, but I won't be there for the race today. Good luck to all of the participants today and thanks to the event hosts for making this season possible. Although my results have not been the best I have had the odd good result and I feel like racing in tier 1 has made me a better driver over the course of the season. I have enjoyed a lot of the racing and I feel like I have learned a lot. Thanks again.

DiHeidi

S3 AOR PC Endurance GTE Champion
Jan 14, 2017
where to start,
Well from the @Jardier , you've been incredible all season, fast and steady, the title is widely deserved, you're an alien!
I want to thank the admin, I dont want to hurt anyone by forgetting some tags, so I do not tag anyone :LOL: exceptional championship, managed in an incredible way!
I have always covered the streaming and despite my English being pesism, I got excited hearing your voice and commentary! @FisiFan91 @King-kodiak @Stevie
in the next season I will not use the z4, and I have to change my video card, so if you agree and put together a sum enough to buy the gtx1070, I will send the complete package. :cry:
And in the coming weeks there could be news about my Esport future t, I'll try to be a little more "social" if you want to follow me you can do it here:
https://www.facebook.com/DiHeidiSimRacer/
https://twitter.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyfF1VMRtLpbAR_6SKyZTww?view_as=subscriber (is it possible to share Nissan's setup on my YT channel)

thanks to everyone for the season and thanks to all the boys who have arrived until the end of the season, you have my deepest respect!!

DiHeidi

S3 AOR PC Endurance GTE Champion
Jan 14, 2017
thank you so much! and congrats to be confirmed championship on PS4! having brought the Z4 to the second place in the championship and having won more than all is exceptional, it would be nice to see it again on track in the coming seasons, but I know the problems of the default setup and I think it will be difficult to see it, I will use another of those cars considered "slow", but I think it has a great potential (it'snt nissan)

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
A lot of fun commentating on this season, and I hope you enjoyed driving in it! Congrats to @Jardier on the championship and @DiHeidi & @Popsu on 2nd & 3rd! Some incredible driving on display this season.

Wish there was a bit more drivers on the grid towards the end of the season though. Seems like a recurring problem really and it's hard to find a proper way to fix it apart from just hoping that next time more drivers who sign up will be properly committed to completing the season, like they promise upon signing up... But thanks to everyone who stayed active and special shoutout to @Jardier, @DiHeidi, @Popsu and @Nagrom who turned up to every race, and also @ScottV, @Ironik, @Daniel Nesterowicz, @Adalexis, @Tudesertpac, @Beau and @The Hunter who only missed one. It doesn't go unnoticed!

Also a bonus shoutout to all the Lambo drivers who gave me some extra eye candy from the comms box ;)

Hoping to see you all on track again next season, and maybe also in the little Ginetta league happening during the break!

Nagrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2018
I'd like to add a thanks to @Ironik who took the coordinator role for our tier this season ! It's not always simple and it can be quite time consuming, so thank you :)

And yeah it's a shame about the dropouts. Some may have a good excuse (like a medical problem), but I'm quite sure most of them are just because 1) They had holidays but didn't take it in account, or 2) They weren't in the position they hoped for, so they preferred to do something else in the summer...

Last edited:

Mr. Van Ommen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 4, 2018
It was one of my worst performances overall due to a lack of training (Summer), Holiday, and some miscalculations (Sonoma, running out of fuel in the final corner). I will do proper testing for the next season and will be putting more time in. I just decided to finally depart from my Driving force GT and go for a newer setup, which hopefully also motivates me to put more time in. @Ironik @FisiFan91 @King-kodiak Thanks for your involvement again in this season. Much appreciated! Same to the drivers ofc!

Jardier

3-time AOR PC GT3 T1 Champion
Premium Member
Feb 3, 2018
I would like to also say big big thank you to the whole AOR crew and commentators to make this season possible! @FisiFan91 and @King-kodiak love you guys! :)
Big shout out to all drivers who did the most of the races this season because I was really sad about how many people dropped from the season after only three races :(
Big thumbs up to @DiHeidi who was uncacheable with Z4 in most races and with his epic pitstop and undercut skills whole season long! :)
I really enjoyed all fights we had I wish there would be more of them similar to Hockenheim which I loved! :)
Bit thanks to @Mr. Van Ommen for helping me with strategies and setup when needed and also @LeoNTheSickOne for the same.

ScottV

PC GT3 S9 Pro Champion
Feb 8, 2018
Sorry guys would have loved to join but was on holiday in sunny Madeira! Hope race went well for you all.