PC - AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 1 - Round 2 Ruapuna Park GP - 27.06.18 @8PM UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 1 - Round 2 Ruapuna Park GP - 27.06.18 @8PM UK time

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016

ROUND 2 - Ruapuna Park GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday June 27th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 44 laps (1+43)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Centre.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 23 April 2018 - 11:00
- Race start time: 23 April 2018 - 12:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Show:
@Zenny
@fireflaai
Reserves allowed to race:
@Col.McCoy
@LeoNTheSickOne

Last edited:
Reactions: DiHeidi

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016

Welcome to Templeton, New Zealand!

Round 2 of the AOR GT3 Season 10 visits the Mike Pero Motorsport Park, formerly known as Powerbuilt Raceway at Ruapuna Park.

Just 13km outside of Christchurch, New Zealand, it's a permanent fixture in local racing. Series such as NZ Formula Ford, New Zealand V8s or the Porsche GT3 Cup visit the venue regularly with the local racing school developing new talent.

Make sure to visit Christchurch after the race, and get to know New Zealands largest city.
Stroll through Christchurchs farmers market before maybe taking a trip into the mountains, the Southern Alps for some skiing. Or possibly take in New Zealands breathtaking scenery, volcanoes and green hills that inspired many and served as a backdrop for TV and movie productions, such as the Lord of the Rings.

But pack an umbrella! New Zealand is known for its wet climate.

We will be in luck with a dry qualifying under an overcast sky.
The race will transition from rain into overcast conditions.

Weather progression is Real-Time

Reactions: guibZ

Zenvoh

PC Triple Crown Le Mans GTE Winner
Mar 31, 2018
@Ironik I won't be able to make this race and then the following race, so I'll miss rounds 2&3. Sorry for this but I will 110% be able to commit to the rest of the season after. My apologies to @Tudesertpac also as it will hinder our teams championship.

fireflaai

PC GT3 S9 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 11, 2018
I will not be able to attend this race, due to study related things.

P.S. Thanks @Ironik for including the weather report in this thread. much appreciated.

Reactions: Ironik

Nagrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2018
Btw, pay attention to your strategy : set "Change tyres" to "All" and not "Recommended". Recommended will only change if the tyre are heavily worn, it doesn't take in account the weather from what I've seen.

If you let it on recommended, they probably won't give you slick tyres even if the track is dry enough for slicks.

• Agree
Reactions: Adalexis and Ironik

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
which it likely won't.
in all the race simulations i ran so far, tracks never dried up.
in last 2 practices, on a 1hr window the transition to overcast occurred with less than 3 minutes on the clock.

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
which it likely won't.
in all the race simulations i ran so far, tracks never dried up.
in last 2 practices, on a 1hr window the transition to overcast occurred with less than 3 minutes on the clock.
It is random though. In Real-Time, the transition can happen at any time, also the rain may be stronger or weaker than in any other session. Also all 5 tiers will likely have different amount of rain and a different time for the transition to happen.

Love this uncertainty and got to have strategies available for anything.

Reactions: Daniel Nesterowicz

Nagrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2018
Oh, and something else, (sorry to bring that topic back ^^) , just a reminder for everyone about track limits.

The game is pretty permissive in the rain. During my practice, I noticed that cutting the left turn before the hairpin (turn 2 or 3?), on the inside or on the exit, the game gives you a slow down, but even if you don't slow down, most of the time the warning disappear by itself in the hairpin.
If you abuse this system too often, you may be reported and penalized !

Just keep it on the track for the sake of everyone :)

• Agree

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
Oh, and something else, (sorry to bring that topic back ^^) , just a reminder for everyone about track limits.

The game is pretty permissive in the rain. During my practice, I noticed that cutting the left turn before the hairpin (turn 2 or 3?), on the inside or on the exit, the game gives you a slow down, but even if you don't slow down, most of the time the warning disappear by itself in the hairpin.
If you abuse this system too often, you may be reported and penalized !

Just keep it on the track for the sake of everyone :)
I'd like to emphasize this :
You can be sure that there will be some track cutting contol for this race.
Also, you should keep in mind that losing time while cutting is not an excuse. For example, if one understeers and extend the track, it will be counted like a cut even if one lost a bit of time already.
It could be ok for one or two cuts / extend but if one keeps doing the same mistake it will be counted as cutting.
You may disagree with this but it's the rule.

So if one cuts / extends the track, one should lift off the gaz for a quite long period (at least 2-3s) so that's it's clear one tried to clear the cut.

If you have questions, ask them before the race so that I can get an answer from the stewards.
@AndrexUK , anything to add (or correct) ?

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
There´s a slight chance that I won´t be at home for the start of the race, just letting you know in advance for the case that I´m missing

Edit: Nvm it sorted itself out, will be there!

Last edited:
  • Happy

Adalexis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 3, 2018
I'm very sorry, but i had to quit. I could not stay on track a single lap, or even open the gas without spinning. Was embarassing and really frustrating. Saw cars in front of me easily turning and exiting fast in corner while my car could only go straight or spin.

DiHeidi

S3 AOR PC Endurance GTE Champion
Jan 14, 2017
very fun race, too bad that there is always the driver who has to complain about light contacts (without damage) or if one is simply defending. anyway I'm very happy with my fourth place, the first of not-audi

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
I didn´t get too much practice in the rain but the few laps I did were absolutely fine. In the race it was just a horrible understeer galore, no front end grip at all. Similar story as last week in the end. I don´t mind some dynamic differences between different lobbies but when you can´t rely on any practice session at all because the actual race session has a completely different grip level or whatever it becomes simply frustrating. But I keep repeating myself since S8 and other people obviously don´t seem to have those kind of problems so I gotta sort it out somehow...

I think I actually was the slowest car on track but managed to stay in the top 15 the whole race just by keeping it on the track. On lap 41 the game decided to not count that lap and put me in last place on the timings after I went off track and spun driving through the puddle after the kink. So after all a great day I have to admit! :pigeon: