PC - AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 1 - ROUND 7 - Circuit de Barcelona - Catalunya GP - 01.08.18 @8PM UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 1 - ROUND 7 - Circuit de Barcelona - Catalunya GP - 01.08.18 @8PM UK time

dav200

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 4, 2018
sry to @Nagrom and @AdreuxUK. i heard after first lap that someone said my lag was reduced. I tried to race not near other cars but it was a silly thought. the lag was to bad. really bad luck for me in this league. always some problems. i do not think i ll lag the next race, i saw after i went out the lobby who toke my band connection, my fiancee (maybe no more): P

Last edited:

DiHeidi

S3 AOR PC Endurance GTE Champion
Jan 14, 2017
what a @Jardier race !!! I knew that at the pit stop I would have gained a few seconds on many people, the experience in the endurance league was incredibly useful, I'm very happy forthis result, I was sure I would have done a lot of trouble here, I had a good speed on the straight, but in the guided part I was struggling behind other cars, I really gave everything in this race, I took many risks than usual but it went well, the next 2 races I do not think are very suitable for me, but I will do my best to fight also to hocke and sugo
see you in germany :D

Jardier

3-time AOR PC GT3 T1 Champion
Premium Member
Feb 3, 2018
what a @Jardier race !!! I knew that at the pit stop I would have gained a few seconds on many people, the experience in the endurance league was incredibly useful, I'm very happy forthis result, I was sure I would have done a lot of trouble here, I had a good speed on the straight, but in the guided part I was struggling behind other cars, I really gave everything in this race, I took many risks than usual but it went well, the next 2 races I do not think are very suitable for me, but I will do my best to fight also to hocke and sugo
see you in germany :D
its was insane pace by you and popsu man! Couldnt do anything at all! When you overtook Scott I knew I will be in trouble and after that pitstop I was shocked with that difference :D
GG man really enjoyed that we were on insane pace!

DiHeidi

Jan 14, 2017
its was insane pace by you and popsu man! Couldnt do anything at all! When you overtook Scott I knew I will be in trouble and after that pitstop I was shocked with that difference :D
GG man really enjoyed that we were on insane pace!

I was also a bit cautious at the pistop, I had saved more than I had done in the tests, but having earned those 2 seconds was crucial, I think I could have defended in the final race, but better have you distant :D

Reactions: Jardier

Jardier

3-time AOR PC GT3 T1 Champion
Premium Member
Feb 3, 2018
I was also a bit cautious at the pistop, I had saved more than I had done in the tests, but having earned those 2 seconds was crucial, I think I could have defended in the final race, but better have you distant :D
of course :D catch someone is different than overtaking! :D I wouldnt do anything dangerous

Reactions: DiHeidi

DiHeidi

Jan 14, 2017
of course :D catch someone is different than overtaking! :D I wouldnt do anything dangerous
I'm sure, we had a short battle at the start of the race and it was really fun and correct, at that stage I was a bit difficult with the cars in front of me, but it was a lot of fun!

Nagrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2018
@Tudesertpac IMO it's not a correct way to defend. When you want to defend, you need to choose your side more clearly and not moving slowly across the track while I'm trying to get on your side:

And the incident soon after gave me 4 damages :/ Although it affected your race more than mine I think.

Tudesertpac

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 3, 2018
I think that defend was pretty normal? I wasnt weaving :D

2nd incident was completly my fault and missjudged my braking point with cold brakes. had 20 dmg in front and 2 in back...

Nagrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2018
@Tudesertpac I don't think it was normal. You didn't wave, but you changed direction too late.

=>You moved to the center of the track. I then tried to move on your right, and then you went to the right side of the track. Once I'm just behind you (~1m?), you can't move left/right anymore, it's too late to defend !
I had to release the throttle not to hit you.

I don't know what others think about it ?

• Scared
Reactions: Tudesertpac

ScottV

PC GT3 S9 Pro Champion
Feb 8, 2018
My opinion is that it depends on where you defend on the track. Personally I thought that the defending on the main straight was fine, very much on the limit but ok to defend like that as you both had a lot of run off space and a lot of road left on the straight. Tudesertpac moved over to the right pretty much the same time you did Nagrom.
The only time I would say that wouldn’t be okay is when you defend like that and the car has a slight bit of his/her bonnet along side the rear of the defending car, or coming in to a corner as this can effect aero and can cause a serious incident under braking.

I had a great race fighting so many people out on track. Shame I couldn’t keep the pace of the guys in front but still happy fighting for every position. The last 10 laps was crazy with villa although some lag did come in to play but gave the position back.

Great racing everyone.

Last edited:

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
It's on the verge IMO but still legit.
@Nagrom, when you went for the right side, @Tudesertpac was already more toward the right than the left.
You took the wrong side IMO. It would be different if you took the left side.
That being said, i don't think it's fair-play. I'd never do that kind of move.

Tudesertpac

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 3, 2018
LOL now I am embarrassed „fair play“
Idk but I don’t gift the positions, you have to earn them hehe

Reactions: Ironik

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
LOL now I am embarrassed „fair play“
Idk but I don’t gift the positions, you have to earn them hehe
Yeah, like I said, it was legit so you did well. Still, I don't like that kind of move. I usually choose a side and I stick to it. ;)

Nagrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2018
Ok, well, still I think it was on the wrong side of the "limit".
For me, it's unfair to follow my movement to block me. It's like what Verstappen did to Ricciardo at baku, except it was more dangerous there because it was on the braking zone, so Ricciardo couldn't slow down more.
Here it didn't result in a crash because I released the throttle. But how am I supposed to overtake you if when I try to go by your side you move in front of me ??

Anyway, I think we made our point, we don't agree, that's life. Let's move on...

Reactions: The Hunter

Mr. Van Ommen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 4, 2018
Dummy +outside outbraking. he takes the inside(middle) giving notice of taking the inner line. That moment you got to take the outside line and not try to further go for the inside. If you go outside you basically force him to brake earlier and do an outside overtake which is perfect for that corner. I don't really see too much harm or non fair play. I wondered why you went for the inside line while driving the lambo. Anyway nothing bad really happened right.

Nagrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2018
he takes the inside(middle) giving notice of taking the inner line. That moment you got to take the outside line and not try to further go for the inside.
I don't agree. I'm sorry but middle is different than inside. If you defend middle of the track, I have every right to go on the right side. If you don't want me to go the the right side, defend on the right, not on the middle.

See here: Bottas is defending on the right side, not on the middle:

And here, Verstappen is defending on the middle, so raikkonen go to the inside line, and Verstappen leave space otherwise it's an illegal blocking and/or crash. (He moved to late to be able to defend on the far left of the track):

And whether it's better to attack from the inside or outside here is not the question.