PC - AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 1 - ROUND 8 - Hockenheim GP - 08.08.18 @8PM UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 1 - ROUND 8 - Hockenheim GP - 08.08.18 @8PM UK time

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016

ROUND 8 - Hockenheim GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday August 8th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 36 laps (35+1)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Centre.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 23 September 2018 - 16:00 (PM)
- Race start time: 23 September 2018 - 17:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016

Welcome to Hockenheim, Germany!

Hockenheim, situated in the upper Rhine Valley, promises excellent conditions. The area is also unofficially dubbed Germanys Roadster Alley, due to its warm, sunny climate so you see an unusually high number of convertibles in traffic.
When being in the region, enjoy local beer and wine as well as the much underrated german cousine. Hearty, locally sourced, organic food of the highest quality.
When visiting, stop by at the Auto & Technik Museum in Sinsheim - a must visit for anyone interested in technology or visit the ancient volcanoes in the region, such as the Kaiserstuhl (Emperors chair).

This circuit in the beautiful Rhine Valley has been a permanent fixture in racing since 1932. Since then, the track has undergone several fundamental changes until it found its current layout in 2002.
A fast course with little elevation changes, a smooth surface promises exciting racing for the 120.000 spectators.

Expect Qualifying and Race in Clear conditions. Pack your sunscreen!

Villalobos

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 4, 2017
@Ironik I'm very sorry , I love Hockenheim and I wanted to race there without doubts, but I booked the holiday long ago, it's only a week so I'll be back to face the remaining 2 rounds.

Once again I apologize for the absence.:(

Reactions: Ironik

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
Well, apparently something weird is going on with my connection. It hindered me from racing last week and I still have the problem that online is just unplayable due to lagspikes. I have no idea what to do because nothing has changed regarding my internet situation and iRacing + all other multiplayer games are still running fine...

I´ll do some tests again tomorrow but I definitely won´t be able to race with how it is at the moment. Which is sad of course but on the other hand I´m actually very close to ditch this game completely. Never had so many problems in many different ways with a videogame at all (maybe F1 2017 which was also pretty bad). Will do my absolute best to try and finish the season in an appropiate way but honestly, it´s not offering me the easy way. :rolleyes: And to practice for races you probably can´t participate in anyway due to reasons out of your control isn´t that much fun either.

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
Well, apparently something weird is going on with my connection. It hindered me from racing last week and I still have the problem that online is just unplayable due to lagspikes. I have no idea what to do because nothing has changed regarding my internet situation and iRacing + all other multiplayer games are still running fine...

I´ll do some tests again tomorrow but I definitely won´t be able to race with how it is at the moment. Which is sad of course but on the other hand I´m actually very close to ditch this game completely. Never had so many problems in many different ways with a videogame at all (maybe F1 2017 which was also pretty bad). Will do my absolute best to try and finish the season in an appropiate way but honestly, it´s not offering me the easy way. :rolleyes: And to practice for races you probably can´t participate in anyway due to reasons out of your control isn´t that much fun either.
I have no Idea about your problem... That's really weird.
Did you try the official forum? There are some very kind and competent guys out there.

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Won't be able to race this one tonight, sorry :(

Nagrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2018
@Adalexis .... I'm so sorry and angry about myself. I'm usually cautious at the start. I think I braked at the right time, but watching my replay, I wasn't 100% on the brake as I usually do...
You can go to stewards of course, I would deserve a penalty.

Adalexis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 3, 2018
Thanks Nagrom. was infortunate. 1st lap, colder tyres. But anyway, i really apreciate your words.
I had a decent pace, like my mate @Ironik ( great race maan!) so i'm only a bit saad.
Anyway, my button box stopped to work ( not the first time ), and with no pit limiter button entering box, i went DSQ.
Could go better, but. great race @Jardier and @DiHeidi, battling so so so hard.

Jardier

3-time AOR PC GT3 T1 Champion
Premium Member
Feb 3, 2018
Amazing battle @Jardier and awesome overtake!
my penalty of 2sec I think it is not very correct, from the ffb I perceived that the 2 wheels were not off the white line, perhaps above, but not out. In any case it is ininfluent, it was another hard race!
You gave me no chance for overtake for almost whole race! :D I had to do something new in the end :D awesome race thanks you mate!

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
I had the same problem at the same time, don't really know why. I went very deep in the hairpin (it probably saved my race though) . Maybe cold tyres / brakes and lot of dirty air...

Col.McCoy

F1 Multiple Champion
May 26, 2016
I just watched the replay and it was very unfortunate and a very small tap with big consequences. But still nothing compared with what happened afterwards ;-).
I was lucky to have a few more meters behind you guys and was slow enough to cut my way through the carnage and gain some easy positions. Unfortunately very boring race after that.
Made 1 mistake, which made me end up behind Beau.. but he immediately pitted so no fight there as well.

Checked the video for some corner cutting of people I have seen on track... TBH beautiful drive of most of you I checked. Especially DiHeidi and Jardier.... (I'm not saying it is, but be carefull during your qualifying laps, that you keep the same limits.. especially when you stream your qually/race Jardier ;-)...

Still need a lot of work to do to understand this on throttle oversteer balance between getting around the corner or making a 360 insinde the corner. It's the perfect drive when it works... but I seem to be caught out every time when it doesn't. And when I see other people just putting 100% brake or throttle in corners where I'm way more gentle... I start wondering if it's the setup or just some feedback/trust I get from my drivingwheel

DiHeidi

S3 AOR PC Endurance GTE Champion
Jan 14, 2017
I just watched the replay and it was very unfortunate and a very small tap with big consequences. But still nothing compared with what happened afterwards ;-).
I was lucky to have a few more meters behind you guys and was slow enough to cut my way through the carnage and gain some easy positions. Unfortunately very boring race after that.
Made 1 mistake, which made me end up behind Beau.. but he immediately pitted so no fight there as well.

Checked the video for some corner cutting of people I have seen on track... TBH beautiful drive of most of you I checked. Especially DiHeidi and Jardier.... (I'm not saying it is, but be carefull during your qualifying laps, that you keep the same limits.. especially when you stream your qually/race Jardier ;-)...

Still need a lot of work to do to understand this on throttle oversteer balance between getting around the corner or making a 360 insinde the corner. It's the perfect drive when it works... but I seem to be caught out every time when it doesn't. And when I see other people just putting 100% brake or throttle in corners where I'm way more gentle... I start wondering if it's the setup or just some feedback/trust I get from my drivingwheel
I find it right that the coordinators check the first 3-4 drivers in the standings, but I also understand that there are also the occasional cunning to be controlled, however I do not think I went beyond the 3 cuts, and looking in the rearview mirror I think jardier is It was even cleaner than me. Personally I always try to be careful. The penalty I got from the game personally I think is wrong, but that's okay

Reactions: Daniel Nesterowicz