PC - AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 5 - Round 2 - Ruapuna Park GP - 27.06.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 5 - Round 2 - Ruapuna Park GP - 27.06.18 @8pm UK time

Happyal27

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 4 Champion
Feb 24, 2018
@Happyal27 - consider yourself my new nemesis! :p
!
@Stephan Yeah, I might not of won the race, but I did win a new nemesis. it's currently 1 - 1 good luck for the next round, I promise I'll wave when I pass you :)

I quite enjoyed that race, it was fun. Quali was much better than I expected. Got a new PB (from very little running in the dry) so I was really happy with my grid.

I made a mistake in the first few laps. I hit a Mercedes at the hairpin, very sorry, it wasn't a do or die move. I simply missed my braking point and didn't have anywhere to go. Very sorry.

I waited for you to rejoin, and made sure you were in front before I restarted. After that I tried to just get my head down and do some laps. I did OK, but wasn't able to push because my tires started to get eaten up. I struggled on for a bit and got OK time, there was a puddle that was causing me issues going into the hairpin. I had to change my angle, but could never get it perfectly right. After about 20ish laps I was struggling. I wanted to reach 30 laps before my pit stop, so struggled on. I got caught quite easily, and was a little bit of a road block. I defended until I really ran out of tires and the guys got past. I had fun defending, but it was time to pit.

I should of pitted sooner, and I had so much more grip. Got down to doing some laps. I caught @Stephan and we were starting to have a little battle. I was just watching to see where he was slow, and I was faster. I was planning were I wanted to strike, when he had a little spin and ruined our fun :(

After that I set down to chase, but the next driver was too far away. I wasn't lapped, so that's a positive, and I enjoyed the race. I made a few mistakes, ran wide a few times, and had that silly bump at the hairpin in the first few laps. But I did enjoy the race.

Bring on Indy, and part 3 of my battle with my new nemesis. I better get my excuses out of the way now. I've just bought a Fanatec Clubsport Base, with BMW rim (also got some BMW Puma shoes to try out), and a wheel stand. This was the last race with my trusted Logitech G920. I won't be use to the new wheel, so I will be slower but still looking forward to it.

Reactions: Stephan

ringman

Formula Karter
Jun 8, 2018
@Stephan Yeah, I might not of won the race, but I did win a new nemesis. it's currently 1 - 1 good luck for the next round, I promise I'll wave when I pass you :)

I quite enjoyed that race, it was fun. Quali was much better than I expected. Got a new PB (from very little running in the dry) so I was really happy with my grid.

I made a mistake in the first few laps. I hit a Mercedes at the hairpin, very sorry, it wasn't a do or die move. I simply missed my braking point and didn't have anywhere to go. Very sorry.

I waited for you to rejoin, and made sure you were in front before I restarted. After that I tried to just get my head down and do some laps. I did OK, but wasn't able to push because my tires started to get eaten up. I struggled on for a bit and got OK time, there was a puddle that was causing me issues going into the hairpin. I had to change my angle, but could never get it perfectly right. After about 20ish laps I was struggling. I wanted to reach 30 laps before my pit stop, so struggled on. I got caught quite easily, and was a little bit of a road block. I defended until I really ran out of tires and the guys got past. I had fun defending, but it was time to pit.

I should of pitted sooner, and I had so much more grip. Got down to doing some laps. I caught @Stephan and we were starting to have a little battle. I was just watching to see where he was slow, and I was faster. I was planning were I wanted to strike, when he had a little spin and ruined our fun :(

After that I set down to chase, but the next driver was too far away. I wasn't lapped, so that's a positive, and I enjoyed the race. I made a few mistakes, ran wide a few times, and had that silly bump at the hairpin in the first few laps. But I did enjoy the race.

Bring on Indy, and part 3 of my battle with my new nemesis. I better get my excuses out of the way now. I've just bought a Fanatec Clubsport Base, with BMW rim (also got some BMW Puma shoes to try out), and a wheel stand. This was the last race with my trusted Logitech G920. I won't be use to the new wheel, so I will be slower but still looking forward to it.
The fanatic wheel is awesome...I have a V2 with V3 pedals...old ones wore out.....
You will really like the new wheel, I feel a major upgrade from the thrust master I had before

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
The fanatic wheel is awesome...I have a V2 with V3 pedals...old ones wore out.....
You will really like the new wheel, I feel a major upgrade from the thrust master I had before
Agreed. Club sport v2.5 is awesome. Such a step up from the G29/T300. Unbelievable level of detail you can feel.

CarbonUK

AOR iRacing GTE Season 6 AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 23, 2017
@Stephan

no worries mate it didnt effect me in the end

Seamas111

AOR PC GT3 S10 T5 Champion
Jun 9, 2018
Great battle in the first half of the race @Captain Slow I couldn't shake you.

Unlucky spinning at the hairpin @Hagster you certainly had the speed.

For me qually was meh, but was happy with 5th. Sorry for holding you up @Stephan on our first two flying laps. Without it I think you would have been on the front row. That little Ginetta is pretty nimble!

Watching @Stephan and @VoodooChild run wide at the first corner was bitter sweet. Great fightback to 4th Voodoo. I came out of the first corner 2nd and got my head down. Nothing really between the top 3 for the first few laps until Hagster spun which put me in the lead. Then had a great duel with CaptainSlow with the gap staying with 0.5 -2.0 for 20 odd laps. Unlucky with your VR issues CaptainSlow. Was going to be an exciting rejoin once I had pitted I think. I didn't pit until about lap 35 by which time I had a comfortable lead so nursed it home.

Really happy I kept the car pointing in the right direction the whole race. That was super tough.

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
Wow this race!
First of all congratulations to my teammate @Seamas111 on the win! Incredible consistency and excellent speed!

After a good qualifying session, I started the race very nervous just like last week (rookie issue I guess) and this time the track bit my ass: even though i reminded it to myself dozen of times, I forgot how cold the brakes are after the formation lap and I went waaaay too long on T1 (fortunately without hitting anyone).
I rejoined around 8th place and tried to make up positions too aggressively, which caused me to make mistakes that lost me another handful of positions.
Finally a took a big breath and decided to change my strategy, so I pitted early hoping in some clean air ... which worked decently well until I found myself stuck for like 10 minutes behind a very resolute @MTN and his cumbersome Bentley... man you really made me sweat for that overtake!

At the end the super-undercut paid good dividends as the track really never dried up (just like in the multiple test races I did in last week) so I was able to make my way up back to 4th place. Overall i'm really happy about my race and even more for team Hurricane Racing results!

my POV available here as soon as upload ends

Last edited:

Gav88888

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 6, 2018
I enjoyed the racing last night until I got disconnected on lap 36, having made it up to 4th just before pitting, but I screwed that up by hitting the barrier on pit entry as went a little wide lol oops...

Had a good long battle with @Happyal27, stuck behind you for ages then got past eventually, then went sideways on a puddle only for you to come back, then again a few laps later I got past, that was fun.

Also for some reason my ASW decided to turn itself off for the race, quali it was ok, so I was stuck with 80FPS in VR which was a bit weird at times...

Shame about the disconnect and a error on my part when pitting otherwise would have been a good race.

Next track I haven't raced on at all, so should be interesting!

Last edited:

Gav88888

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 6, 2018
Here is my qualifying and race
Good lap, I see you got a 1:20. I would be really interested if you get a spare 10min to see what time you can do with default setup, same conditions etc. I'm interested to know how much of a different setup makes.

MTN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2018
Wow this race!
First of all congratulations to my teammate @Seamas111 on the win! Incredible consistency and excellent speed!

After a good qualifying session, I started the race very nervous just like last week (rookie issue I guess) and this time the track bit my ass: even though i reminded it to myself dozen of times, I forgot how cold the brakes are after the formation lap and I went waaaay too long on T1 (fortunately without hitting anyone).
I rejoined around 8th place and tried to make up positions too aggressively, which caused me to make mistakes that lost me another handful of positions.
Finally a took a big breath and decided to change my strategy, so I pitted early hoping in some clean air ... which worked decently well until I found myself stuck for like 10 minutes behind a very resolute @MTN and his cumbersome Bentley... man you really made me sweat for that overtake!

At the end the super-undercut paid good dividends as the track really never dried up (just like in the multiple test races I did in last week) so I was able to make my way up back to 4th place. Overall i'm really happy about my race and even more for team Hurricane Racing results!

my POV available here as soon as upload ends
i knew i wouldnt be too fast in this league and so thats why i went for the bentley, its as wide as a bus?! voodoo i had sweat dripping down my forehead and into my eyeballs trying to stay ahead of you but you just wouldnt go away. was looking good for 8th spot until i realised i didnt have enough fuel to make the end of the race so had to make another pitstop for a splash and dash. more lessons learned! GIXXErosg sorry about the mixup with the formation lap, i saw a car spin off and thought we had to let him back through

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Good lap, I see you got a 1:20. I would be really interested if you get a spare 10min to see what time you can do with default setup, same conditions etc. I'm interested to know how much of a different setup makes.
It's very close to default setup, just changes to downforce, radiator and brake ducts, as well as lighten the fuel load for qualifying.
Usually there is not much difference for me between a light and heavy car, I drive the same. managed a 1:19 the other day!

Gav88888

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 6, 2018
It's very close to default setup, just changes to downforce, radiator and brake ducts, as well as lighten the fuel load for qualifying.
Usually there is not much difference for me between a light and heavy car, I drive the same. managed a 1:19 the other day!
Actually mate spent an hour or so this afternoon trying different things.

Started using my setup from last night - 1:22

Found a setup online and managed 1:21 using that, but thought the FFB was a bit weird

Tried Loose default and got 1:21.3 without changing anything...

Tried stable default 1:20.2 again no changes

Went back to my setup and made a minor tweak 1:19.8!!!

I was laughing afterwards, custom setup or default doesn’t really matter that much, it’s about knowing the track, braking, turning points etc. That is where I made the 2sec gain, I was a bit slow in some corners and once I figured out how I was slower I soon madeup the time loss...

Wagner

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 11, 2018
Well, I certainly had better races.

Qualifying was alright although I was not able to really get down to the times below 20’.
More important was the race itself. After a few seconds in the formation lap I noticed something was wrong. Traction was none and it took me one button press to see that I was driving on Hard compound. For some reason pcars thought it would be a good idea to select some sort of hard tire setup with 40l of fuel. I think and hope that I did not crash anyone during formation.

Went into the pits during formation, which is already a fail and had to quickly change the pit strategy to get wets. A couple of rounds later and after a few spins I decided for the sake of safety to quit this race.

So there is a lot of room for improvement ?

Reactions: Stephan and Marvin

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
Actually mate spent an hour or so this afternoon trying different things.

Started using my setup from last night - 1:22

Found a setup online and managed 1:21 using that, but thought the FFB was a bit weird

Tried Loose default and got 1:21.3 without changing anything...

Tried stable default 1:20.2 again no changes

Went back to my setup and made a minor tweak 1:19.8!!!

I was laughing afterwards, custom setup or default doesn’t really matter that much, it’s about knowing the track, braking, turning points etc. That is where I made the 2sec gain, I was a bit slow in some corners and once I figured out how I was slower I soon madeup the time loss...
yeah man, setups are not really done to make the car faster, but to make yourself faster.
a good setup will make the car easier to drive (for your style and driving skills), so you can push it harder without crashing in the process.
as a side result, your laptimes will go down.

Happyal27

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 4 Champion
Feb 24, 2018
I've watched a few Youtube videos of this race now, from various tiers and no one changed tires for fresh ones.

I changed for fresh tires, am I the only one that did that? Did anyone else get fresh tires in their pit stop?

MTN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2018
I've watched a few Youtube videos of this race now, from various tiers and no one changed tires for fresh ones.

I changed for fresh tires, am I the only one that did that? Did anyone else get fresh tires in their pit stop?
i didn't change tyres either, only had minimal tyre wear at the end, think i would prefer if tyre wear was accelerated to be honest, could make things even more interesting

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I also kept my tires, there was no need to chang :)