PC - AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 5 - Round 4 - Le Mans Bugatti Circuit- 11.07.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 5 - Round 4 - Le Mans Bugatti Circuit- 11.07.18 @8pm UK time

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016

ROUND 4 - Le Mans Bugatti Circuit

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday July 11th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 37 laps (1+36)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Centre.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 10 June 2018 - 01:00
- Race start time: 10 June 2018 - 02:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Show: @Gwegwyn @Captain Slow @Happyal27 @Magneten1 @CarbonUK @dr_green @ogrfre01

Last edited:
Reactions: Gwegwyn and Stephan

GIXXERosg

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Welcome to Le Mans, France!

After visiting the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, we're visiting another legendary track for another night of racing.

Join us at the Bugatti Circuit, a shorter Layout of the Circuit De La Sarthe. The Bugatti Circuit is a permanent circuit famous for motor bike, Formula 3000 and DTM racing.
Did you know it hosted the 1967 Formula 1 Grand Prix of France?

Before heading for the circuit, enjoy the old town of Le Mans, the street cafes, head for one of the many museums or enjoy the well preserved architecture, some if it dating back to the Romans.

The qualifying and race are expected to be a hot, hazy summer night.

Reactions: CarbonUK

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
What lap times are you guys doing? :)

GIXXERosg

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
before or after I melt the soft tires?

Reactions: CarbonUK

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Did a 38 with race fuel, but mostly 40/39s messed up some corners badly even in that 38.
Not sure on tires, softs melt, or need babying to last and hards are a bit too cold. Might play with the setup a bit to stabilize tire temps before being able to lap consistently. I believe 37s are doable

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Dear fellow drivers!

It came to our attention, that something unprecedented is happening - England is doing well in sports!

As this directly conflicts with our race on Wednesday, we believe we should discuss what we can do about it.

Wednesday sees the semi finals in the football World Cup (for our American friends: you may incorrectly refer to it as soccer, but stand corrected, it is indeed football, where the round ball is played with the foot and athletes don’t need a break every 30 seconds) and England is in it, for the first time since 1990.

As football is the worlds second most important sport, after sim racing, we feel it’s worth discussing to enable our English drivers to be part of both events, our more important race and see England playing for a spot in the finals.

We feel it’s fair to let each tier discuss and decide if we should continue as planned and race on Wednesday, possibly missing some intoxicated English fans, or if we should repeat this race 1 week after the final round.

If we decide to run it as “round 11”, we must pray to the sim racing gods that no other round will need a rerun, due to e.g. a mass disconnect as we reserved only 1 week for such eventualities.

We believe it’s best to decide on tier level and follow the simple majority vote.

Happyal27

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 4 Champion
Feb 24, 2018
@Stephan thanks for giving us this option. I would vote is to run it as round 11.

Not often that England is in the Semi final, and first time that I think they have a good chance to get to the final.

GIXXERosg

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
I know it's an important soccer match so I'm open on it. I might be torn if it were the Green Bay Packers playing football. That said, week 11 is very important safety measure so choose wisely. We needed it in S9.

MTN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2018
maybe @Stephan could ask fifa to bring the football match forward 2 hours! i think they would understand? i wouldnt mind seeing the match myself so i have no problem postponing

CarbonUK

AOR iRacing GTE Season 6 AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 23, 2017
I would rather it be postponed. Maybe even just delay It for an hour or two.

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Delaying by 1-2 hours will not work. many of us are not in the UK time zone and it would not be fair towards those drivers (incl. myself). As it is now, the races already end well past 11 at night for me. So, it's a week after round 10 or Wednesday as planned :)
Just to get an overview, hit AGREE on my proposal, so we can keep track.
If no majority to move it is found, we'll run Wednesday as planned.

Reactions: STATIC

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
oh, and I just did a 1:38.080 and a 1:38:050 - just can't break the 38 :(
Race pace though is 39-40s