PC - AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 5 - Round 4 - Le Mans Bugatti Circuit- 11.07.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 5 - Round 4 - Le Mans Bugatti Circuit- 11.07.18 @8pm UK time

poisike78

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Feb 28, 2018
So I did some practice as promised and damn this McLaren in nice to drive (and I'm not joking about that). Best I did with race fuel was 1:37.7, thats about 0,4 slower than what I have done with the M6, but with the M6 I can only get fast laps in the second half of the race when there is less fuel in the tank. With the McLaren I could do high 1:37 to low 1:38 laps right at the start with fuel for 38 laps. I didn't spin once despite the fact that I didn't use TC. Really linking the car.

So I'm ready... :D
But seriously, have fun and good luck tonight!

Reactions: Stephan

dr_green

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 21, 2016
am going to have to miss this race,,,, England in the semis cant miss it ,,,have good race all
i have never been so nervous about a semi,, apart from when i watched broke back mountain ? ?

Izzizo

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 17, 2018
after an GREAT start from P5 i found myself at P2 within the first lap, but then something went wrong.

I started to get small lag spikes and I could not control my car as I used to during practice..... i spun out and got back on the road with some consistent laps, but suddently my game just got a DC with a big error message on the screen....

what a fucking bad way to go when im now number 5 in the champ and could might have gotten some points on the guys,

to bad, see you next week -.-

• Informative

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Sad to hear about the tech issues.

My race went a lot better than I thought. No big mistakes, just a few minor off tracks. no spin, no damage.
Had some good battle with the Bentley, but it got too distracting for me, so I decided to pit early to avoid spinning under pressure.
Had then a few good laps chasing @GIXXERosg, when catching up for a good battle, he pitted.
Ended P6 or P7, depending on a penalty someone ahead got.

Hagster

Semi-Pro Karter
May 16, 2018
Had a good quali, but in the race I struggled so much with hard tyres. Spun couple times and decided to pit and changed to the softs. I was able to catch up guys ahead but somehow got slow down penalties even though I slowed down. And that +7sec penalty in last corner was kinda bs ?
But anyway congrats to @Seamas111 and see you next week!

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
brakes..brakes...brakes.... I had none. I would adjust bias and it would help for a lap or two and then couldn't stop the car again. I didn't see any overheating... @Stephan @Evangelist fun running around with you guys. @MatiasHR thanks for letting me through, I was struggling big time!

Results are updated.

ringman

Formula Karter
Jun 8, 2018
Im going to miss this race. I just can not miss the England game tonight. Sorry @ringman for letting you down
Yeah I figured you may miss....totally understand....my only interest is cars and racing so it's easy for me....
I did Finnish 5th though....so I guees overall good result....was in 2nd for quite sometime in the first 20 laps or so
Tires and brakes went away at the end, but was running faster than 4th and 3rd, but every time I got close to passing brakes would overheat....?

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
@Wagner we need to figure out those disconnect problems brother. UDP is OFF & ivp4 vs ivp6 is set right? See Yorkies post https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/possible-fix-for-disconnection-problems.31280/#post-522102

@Izzizo that sounds like stutter connection lags as well but might be PC. I know you stream cause I watched it last week and heard you swear in foreign tongues LOL... it looked smooth tho so double check everything again.

If I leave UDP on (like last week) the stutters are so bad I have to back out.

MTN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2018
that was a fun race, for once i had some pace and felt very confident with the soft tyres, had a great battle with @Stephan at the start and found it hard to find a way past the Ginetta, luckily for me he pitted early and i got some clean air, was consistent after that and came out of the pits right behind @nobby101 with 10 to go, managed to squeak past after a tense fight and held on for an unlikely but very welcome podium

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
had a good qualify and then a pretty uneventful race: didn't have any real battle as @Hagster spun away when i wasn't really close to him, and @Seamas111 went for the undercut and then steamrolled everyone with his pace, overtaking me when i pitted.

very happy about my first podium and the 1-2 of the Hurricane Team!

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
if you suffer from insomnia and you wanna an alternative to sleeping pills, here's the POV of me going around a track for 1 hour with barely any interactions with other drivers (except the usual love tap by @hoodie337 :p )

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
if you suffer from insomnia and you wanna an alternative to sleeping pills, here's the POV of me going around a track for 1 hour with barely any interactions with other drivers (except the usual love tap by @hoodie337 :p )

I call and raise you more boredom: :p

Seamas111

AOR PC GT3 S10 T5 Champion
Jun 9, 2018
Another incident/mistake free race for me.

Qually was ok and was happy with 4th place.

Had a good battle with @ringman for the first two laps with a couple of overtaking attempts not coming off. Finally got up the inside at the last double right. Great fun ?

Came out p3 and set about chasing my team mate @VoodooChild. Next 12 laps saw me close in slowly but couldn't get a run for an overtake so decided to pit early for some clear air.

That worked and put in some mega consistent laps. At one point for 6 or so laps my times were within 1 tenth of each other

Pretty uneventful race from then and unlucky for @Hagster spinning and losing the lead.

Congrats to my team mate for a great 2nd and to @MTN for hauling that Bentley into 3rd!?

Wagner

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 11, 2018
@GIXXERosg I read a lot about DC. Basically people are doing try and error. Nobody knows and we did not code the Game. As this is a major league it would be nice to have WMD developers with key members of AOR connected, to e.g. exchange log or debug files.

It is a sporadic issue with dependencies.
Fun fact: had 2 DC and both at the wednesday race. However it cannot be related to @Stephan as dozen of other T5 racers have no issues.

I will do a complete installation of Windows and game. Then the only thing I will change is UDP, as it seems to do no harm to deactivate it.

poisike78

Feb 28, 2018
I can confirm that turning UDP off doesn't cause any problems. I turned it off some races ago and have not had any problems.

We had a mass disconnect in Tuesdays practice race but it seemed to be caused by Steam. Steam showed No connection message after it happened.

It seems to me like these disconnects happen to the same people all the time, which suggest to me that it has something to do with their connection.

What type of connection do you have @Wagner ? I'm hoping you are not using WiFi?

poisike78

Feb 28, 2018
@poisike78 that's why Tuesday night is known as "Happy DisconnecTuesday!" for PC2 users.
Didn't know that, good to know ?
LAN cable for sure.
But connection is DSL or fiber? Have You tried restarting router before race? No one else in your house is not using torrent or something similar that is causing a lot of connections at the same time?

Wagner

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 11, 2018
First, Thanks @poisike78 for helping me out here.
The basic precautions are all on my screen.
In my house internally I do use LAN copper cable connected directly to Router/Modem. My badwidth is 50MBit/s down and 8MBit upload. The ISP gives me good stability. It is my private DSL access and my wife suffers during wednesday races to not use internet, such as streaming but also surfing ;-)

According to what I see in the last T5 race other were DC too. reason of course unclear. I see it happening in higher tiers as well - sporadically.

I will give the new install a try and try to relax if it happens next wednesday again...

Thx