PC - AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 5 - Round 5 - Donington Park GP - 18.07.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 5 - Round 5 - Donington Park GP - 18.07.18 @8pm UK time

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
@Happyal27 you are turning some fast laps btw, even T1 guys are spinning out at that pace.

Happyal27

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 4 Champion
Feb 24, 2018
@GIXXERosg your race pace is much better than mine. I'm currently in the high 33's or low 34's. And my tire wear is a little high too.

Need more practice in quali. I'll try some laps tonight before the practice race

Happyal27

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 4 Champion
Feb 24, 2018
@Happyal27 you are turning some fast laps btw, even T1 guys are spinning out at that pace.
I found the reason for my fast times, thanks to @Stephan

See in the announcement where it says Donington Park? I read that as Brands Hatch, and I've been practicing the Brands circuit.

So I did the practice race, after 3 laps to learn the circuit. In that race I did some 30's in the dry and 36's in the wet.I was quite inconsistent and need much more practice. I was using my Brands setup, I need to work on it.

Last edited:

poisike78

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Feb 28, 2018
I found the reason for my fast times, thanks to @Stephan

See in the announcement where it says Donington Park? I read that as Brands Hatch, and I've been practicing the Brands circuit.

So I did the practice race, after 3 laps to learn the circuit. In that race I did some 30's in the dry and 36's in the wet.I was quite inconsistent and need much more practice. I was using my Brands setup, I need to work on it.
Thanks for that! I saw You posting crazy lap times and practiced like crazy. Look where it got me ;)

Reactions: Stephan

Evangelist

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018
A prayer to the gods of racing to get me through without the Mclaren deciding to give up all traction and send me on a safari through the British countryside.

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
My VR setup is completely unplayable because of juddering and screen freezes so will try a monitor. Will be really slow because not used to it. Nothing seems to help and I have tried EVERY solution I could find online.

Izzizo

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 17, 2018
well, this is one of my all time fav tracks to drive on, so did not spend time doing any practice before today.

did a race sim and had a REALLY consistent run with the times being low 29's for the first 10-15 laps, then the tires got worse and the rain started, but managed to keep it in the 30's consistently on ruined tires and a little water on the track.

but as soon as the track was wet enough to put on the wets, my times just dropped SO much more than I thought...

dunno if it's me, or if its just the difference this track, but only able to drive 35'ish on wet track and tires. whats your guys times in the wet? :/

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
are we going to have full house tonight? i see @Gwegwyn as informed no-show but in his message he doesn't mention about not being able to partecipate, but just not being able to practice

GIXXERosg

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
I've been traveling last 2 1/2 days, hopefully I can get a few warm up laps in before the race. @Gwegwyn glad you can make it.

GIXXERosg

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
@Izzizo thanks, we'll count that as informed if he can't make it

GIXXERosg

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
just had a windows update kick in, might want to check before the race.

PhantomHamster

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jun 23, 2016
Sorry guys lagged out right at the start and destroyed my car then the games crashed. So annoyed! Going to wipe my computer and start again me thinks! see you all in a couple of weeks

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I suck soooo badly in the wet!
Was so surprised by qualifying 2nd - and if it would have stayed dry, quite sure I could have fought for a podium, despite some minor early mistakes.

Once the track started getting wet, I was utterly useless, especially in the last 2 turns, the hairpin and the (in VR Blind!) turn unto start/finish.
In laps I didn't spin there, lost about 3 seconds each lap, when I spun there, much much more time.

I always had that problem in those 2 turns in the rain, offline, online, everytime.

Had a few hairy moments in those 2 last turns with drivers pushing to pass me, hope it was all ok for you guys!

Gutted I lost so many positions, but that's racing. Now, off to Brno in the dry.
Gotta learn the track, but it should be favorable for the Ginetta, so gotta aim for top 5 there!

Edit: Forgot to save the replay :(
Can anyone share their file? Would like to snap some shots from it :)

Last edited:

Gwegwyn

Formula 3 1st Driver
Mar 13, 2017
I am quite happy with my result, since I had 20 minutes to setup the cars and do some laps. Started 11th on the grid, which was not that bad. Unfotunatelly I could not avoid @kevin bolland when he got collected by @VoodooChild . Had to pit at the end of lap 2 to repair the damage. Was 20th with a 15 second gap to P19.

In the end finished 7th with and made 2 pitstops. Had hoped to run at the front to be able to have a shot at the championship, but I guess that is unlickely now.

@Seamas111 Congrats with an other conving win!