PC - AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 5 - Round 5 - Donington Park GP - 18.07.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 5 - Round 5 - Donington Park GP - 18.07.18 @8pm UK time

Happyal27

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 4 Champion
Feb 24, 2018
I really enjoyed that race, it went much better than I expected.

First off a couple of apologizes. To @GIXXERosg and @Wagner my rejoin was a bit iffy. I just watched it back, and I thought I was off line to the right, but of course that becomes the racing line and I was too slow on the apex of the corner. Very sorry about that. Secondly to I think it was Mad Dog, I think your forum name is @MTN . Last lap at the hairpin, I slide a bit more than I was expecting and bumped into you, very sorry.

Apart from those little misadventures, my race was pretty good. My quali pace was about what I expected but I was surprised to be 5th. During the race I tried to take my time and build up and it was working well. I got a little over excited at one point and spun onto the grass, with my rejoin above, but apart from that there was nothing to report. I was waiting for the rain, it started to show a few spots about half race and I started to get excited, but it took ages to start. I think I pitted a lap too early for tires, but it was OK.

In the wet my car felt pretty good. Grip was a little hit or miss and I was just drifting around, not really able to catch up, and with enough of a gap that I was pretty safe. Mad Dog spun in front and and gave me a little interest in the last few laps. I was quite a bit faster in the last 2 hairpins (great corners btw, every track should have them) but couldn't quite get past. I lined him up for a try in the last lap, I thought I was OK, but slide into him, so I gave the place back. I know that @Evangelist and someone else was fighting at that point, I hope my slow car didn't get in your way at all.

Good race from me, better pace that I've had in the last few races, and much less mistakes. I'm hoping it will continue in Buro.

Reactions: MTN and Stephan

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Results are updated.

@Happyal27 no worries at all!

Although my qual and race didn't go as I hope I had a lot of fun with you all on track!! @Wagner super happy connections issues are worked out!!!!

Reactions: MTN and Stephan

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
@Happyal27 do you happen to have that replay file for me? You mentioned you rewatched that spin :)
I stupidly didn’t hit save, but would like to snap some photos from the race.

And as for Brno, that should suit both our cars :)

Seamas111

AOR PC GT3 S10 T5 Champion
Jun 9, 2018
Hi all,

Qually was stressful for me. Cut the chicane on 1st flying lap so times not counted for that and the next... didn't post a time until the second half of the session. Was relieved to be starting 4th.

Start was good. Me and @Captain Slow gave each other space at the first turn and come out 4th. Got a run on captain into the final turn to get into 3rd.

Then had a good battle with @Stephan for a few laps before he ran wide at the first corner. I think Hagster had made the same trip into the grass earlier so that put me into the lead.

As others had said although it started raining early i didnt need to pit until very late in the race. Just as well as i struggled in the wet and had 2 half spins. Great pace in the wet @Izzizo as i said i was pushing as hard as i could.

Congrats to my teamate @VoodooChild for a great fight back to finish 3rd.

Gutted I will miss the next round due to work. @GIXXERosg I'll post in Bruno thread as well once up.

Reactions: MTN

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
@Stephan i'll share my replay with you from my google drive, but you need to be patient cause my upload bandwidth sucks and it'll take time.

Reactions: Stephan

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
@Seamas111 LIFE 1st ALWAYS, and I already wrote it down. regarding @VoodooChild <-- I'm starting to hate my older friend with his come back ****!!!!

VoodooChild

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
This race was painful for my eyes, as i was recording it to .mp4 file and i found out later that i left my pcars telemetry connected... my hard disk didn't seem to like the double shift so i had headache inducing stutters until i was able to pit and finally shut pcars profiler down.

Fortunately all of this didn't hurt my race too much, as i was able to stay consistent in the race, drive around for some 30 laps with not much drama, and then hammer it down in the wet once i got rid of the stutter. Last 10 laps were very exciting with really close battles with @MTN 's speedboat and @Captain Slow, which apexed with an amazing 3 wide double overtake over @CarbonUK (whose AMG was cleary struggling in the rain).

Plenty happy about my third place even though a good part of the race was not really enjoyable.

Congratulations once again to our resident alien @Seamas111 on the win and to Captain-not-that-Slow on the 2nd place!

my POV, sorry for the shitty framerate:

Last edited:
Reactions: MTN

Gav88888

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 6, 2018
Rubbish race and only lasted a few laps. My car wasn’t handling right, tail end was all over the place but it wasn’t like this when testing before the race, as a result it was difficult to maintain my place, then I was racing with a red AMG and on the last bend he went up the inside, couldn’t see him but my spotter said inside right so I went a bit wide to give him room and touched the grass which span me round and I got t boned by him. As a result car was a right off so I retired being over a minute behind last place by the time I got back round to the pits and the car was repaired.

Happyal27

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 4 Champion
Feb 24, 2018
@Happyal27 do you happen to have that replay file for me? You mentioned you rewatched that spin :)
I stupidly didn’t hit save, but would like to snap some photos from the race.

And as for Brno, that should suit both our cars :)
Hi @Stephan No problem if you need a copy of my reply. I will upload it to my Google drive tonight if you still need it.

CarbonUK

AOR iRacing GTE Season 6 AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 23, 2017
I'm a little bit disappointed with finishing 4 only because I was second so long. I got a good clean start from 6th. Couple of cars ran wide which got me into 3 with @Seamas111 and @Stephan infront. After Stephan ran wide at turn 1 up to second managed to stay with Seamus for a few laps but after he was pulling away. Had no chance to catch so kept it smooth pulled away from 3rd. Then the rain came and seriously struggled with grip on the last two corners and spun a couple of times which gave @Captain Slow and @VoodooChild 2nd and 3rd with a few laps to go.

MTN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2018
good race again last night, was very lucky on the first lap as i had to take to the grass to avoid an incident and was lucky not to spin, had good pace in the dry and was having a very fun battle with @Stephan and @Captain Slow and had it stayed dry i think the 3 of us would have been battling for the last spot on the podium! BLOODY RAIN! came in too early for wets and lost a lot of time, managed to come out right bang in front of @VoodooChild and i immediately got flashbacks of Ruapuna where he hounded me in the rain for at least 10 mins before forcing me into a mistake! sure enough he did the exact same, i made 1 small mistake and he was gone through. really struggled coming out of the hairpin after that and was glad to see the chequered flag as @Happyal27 was breathing down my neck! well done to @Seamas111 for another convincing win and thanks for giving someone else the chance of a win next week;)

kevin bolland

Pro Karter
Sep 16, 2017
I am quite happy with my result, since I had 20 minutes to setup the cars and do some laps. Started 11th on the grid, which was not that bad. Unfotunatelly I could not avoid @kevin bolland when he got collected by @VoodooChild . Had to pit at the end of lap 2 to repair the damage. Was 20th with a 15 second gap to P19.

In the end finished 7th with and made 2 pitstops. Had hoped to run at the front to be able to have a shot at the championship, but I guess that is unlickely now.

@Seamas111 Congrats with an other conving win!
No worries mate had to stamp on my brake to stop the car and i locked the rears as voodoo braked right in fornt of me

Reactions: Gwegwyn

VoodooChild

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
No worries mate had to stamp on my brake to stop the car and i locked the rears as voodoo braked right in fornt of me
I'm sorry about that, I don't remember exactly why I needed to brake in that section, i can only suppose I felt the car slipping and I had to make a correction.
I hate that this unfortunately ruined your and @Gwegwyn 's race.

Reactions: Izzizo