PC - AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 5 - Round 6 - Brno GP - 25.07.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S10 - PC Tier 5 - Round 6 - Brno GP - 25.07.18 @8pm UK time

Lindholdt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
Although I cannot join the race, I still did some testing. Was able to drive 1:59.8xx with half a tank of fuel. Too bad I am away from home this race, because I actually like this track. Who'd've thought… Anyway, it's up to someone else to put some pressure on @Seamas111 . We can't have him win every race.
Thats a nice time :cool:

Aarup

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 20, 2017
Some unforeseen things have just popped up for today, so I might not be able to make it to the race tonight, will only know 1 hour or so before the race starts.

• Informative
Reactions: GIXXERosg

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
No way. I won't make my intended flight and will be home after the race. Bloody job messing with my hobbies ?

• Informative

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
35C right now, will be a sweaty race. @GIXXERosg thats 95F for you :p

Will probably not be a good one, little practice in this heat and Monday practice didn’t go too well, spins, lots of. This is a drift race!

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
I'm putting the AC on for this race, last one I left it off and was sweating bad lol

Reactions: Stephan

Izzizo

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 17, 2018
my teammate probably have not got an internet connection yet, have not heard from him since before the last race, where he was moving to a new apartment, so dont think @MatiasHR will show

• Informative

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
That race went better and was more fun than I expected!

Had some great battles with Mick and few others. Good racing. Was able to hang on to Green who ended in P3. Sadly 2 spins, completely of my own doing took the chance for a podium away. Still, some good overtakes, and some defending that really made me sweat!

I'm also on a streak - another race I forgot to hit the bloody save button :(
Anyone care to share the replay? :)
I owe you a beer

Reactions: MTN

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
That race was a disaster for me... from 3rd down to 11th and lost 4 positions in last 3 laps. The car just went mental on me.

results are updated.

Happyal27

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 4 Champion
Feb 24, 2018
Mixed feeling, but more on the happy side for me after this race.

Could not get my time in Quali, no idea why I was so slow, but I was so started 11th.

Start went OK, tried not to take too many risks, but was gaining a place here and there. I had an eye on @Stephan as we are always fairly similar in pace. He got a mega start and was picking up a lot of places. I didn't think I was taking any risks, but around the last corner I had one of those silly slow spins that you think you should be able to catch easily. Serves me right, as I was just thinking that my setup was almost spin proof, as I hadn't had in the practice races.

I restarted last, and I was pretty mad at myself. Starting 11th, I set y target at a top 10 finish and that seemed pretty far off now. I was thinking about pitting and getting clean air. I wasn't that far behind guy in front and I was catching. By the time we got to the pit lane I was only 1 second or so behind, but he pitted so I decided to stay out. Next lap I caught up the next guy so instead of taking time up fighting I just pitted.

I wasn't quite last now, but pretty far back. I did my laps, and was in the 2:03's as expected, I was pretty happy with my pace and was just doing my laps and waiting for the race to happen. Other drivers started doing their pit stops and The Big Gay came out from the pits just in front of me. We had a little battle, and hit some traffic which we got through quite nicely, and I managed to overtake him which I was pretty please with. After a few more pit stops @dr_green, @MTN and @CarbonUK ended up just in front of me.

I was slightly faster and I was catching, but slowly. We hit some traffic and I got closer to @CarbonUK I'm still not 100% sure what happened, but he spun and I managed to squeeze threw. At this point my car was feeling faster and faster, it was slow planted and was pointing just where I wanted it. I saw @MTN in front, we had a nice battle in the last race, where he just pipped me, so I wanted it to go my way this time. I noticed he was so fast on the straights, but struggling in the corners. I was right on his tail, and was planning on what to do, I decided the best plan was to be tidy and wait for a run somewhere, and it worked perfectly. I stayed close as I could on the straight, and just after the first sector I got a run out of a corner and got the place.

I would of liked to have a got at @dr_green, as I think I was slightly faster, but he was driving well and I just didn't have enough laps to catch him. So congrats to @dr_green @VoodooChild and @Seamas111 you guys had the pace and didn't make any mistakes. Congrats on the podium guys.

So from last to 4th, I'm pretty pleased with my race. My own silly mistake cost me a chance of the podium but still was better than my exceptions. Looking forward to the longer race next time. I'm also glad it's not raining too :)

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
I can promise he won't win this race :p
... Unless he backtracks on his absence :p
Congrats @Seamas111 and @dr_green on the all-lambo podium!
About my race: qualified second, started, made some laps, watched seamas disappearing over the horizon, lapped some more, pitted, drove some more laps and ended up second. Had no interactions with other people in the track except some (very kind) back marker.
Good second place, now onto Spain hopefully with full grid!

my POV:

Last edited:

CarbonUK

AOR iRacing GTE Season 6 AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 23, 2017
I'm pleased with my result last night just made two mistake.

Qualifying went okay every lap I did I made a small mistake at different place. Happy with the 5th place.

I got a great start made a position on the first corner but then got stuck behind @Hagster for a few laps before I missed my brake marker got on the outside of a negative camber corner and spun. Ended up 13th I think, caught up with @Izzizo and managed to overtake him but ran wide next corner which he passed me. Next opportunity I had was around the outside of turn 1 which izzizo left me with just enough space on the exit great driving by him. Next up was @Flecky und Sky after a few laps managed to get past with a slightly ambitious move into the downhill slow left handed but again left me enough room. After that slowly caught up with @GIXXERosg and nearly smashed into the back of him after locking up my brakes. Must of been less than a foot between my front to your back. Decided to pit. After my pit stop my pace was quick and car felt great and slowly caught up with the cars infront. @GIXXERosg then made his stop and came out infront but made a move again round the outside of T1 plus getting the power on early getting great traction out of the corner. Moving me into 5th. Next up was the battle for 3rd with @dr_green and @MTN was hoping to have a great battle with those 2 but ended missing my brake point as I was too busy looking at the backmarker @Evangelist (you done nothing wrong) locked up my brakes and spun just missing @Happyal27. Which put me into 7th just infront of @Stephan. And behind @GIXXERosg which I managed to pass on the inside after he ran wide into turn 3. Slowly gaining on the other but was enough time to catch up. Ended up 6 without those two spins I think I would of been on the podium.

That's two weeks in a row which I have made mistakes that cost me my first podium. Up next a track I love Catalunya hoping third time lucky and get that podium

Reactions: Evangelist and MTN

Seamas111

AOR PC GT3 S10 T5 Champion
Jun 9, 2018
I can promise he won't win this race :p
... Unless he backtracks on his absence :p
I took this as a challenge Voodoo :lol:

One Two for Team Hurricane whoop whoop.

Congrats @dr_green on the podium. Clean sweep for the Lambos!

My race was pretty much as Voodoos. Not much interaction with others apart from a couple of polite back markers. Thanks guys (y)

I pushed ultra hard at the beginning and pulled a decent gap (one lap was 0.2 secs off my qually lap which was surprising!), but then had a series of inconsistent laps with half mistakes which I was lucky to survive.

Unlucky with your car going away from you @GIXXERosg you had great speed in qually and early race.

On to Barca with all the fun of a reverse grid :cool:

Reactions: VoodooChild and MTN