PS4 - AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 2 - Indianapolis Road - 04 07.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 2 - Indianapolis Road - 04 07.18 @8pm UK time

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017

ROUND 3 - Indianapolis Road Course

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday July 4th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: No qualifying. Starting order is reversed championship standings.
- Endurance Race: 63 laps (1+62)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Centre.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Race start time: 13 May 2018 - 02:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

• Scared
Reactions: VSR Davidben

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017

Welcome to Indianapolis, Indiana!

We're stopping in the state capital for our longest GT3 race yet, a special 1.5h test of concentration, consistency and equipment.

While the rest of the USA celebrates the 4th of July, we'll have our own festivities, celebrating motor sports, racing through the night at this legendary venue.

Before heading to the speedway for the evenings race, take a stroll through the City Market, founded in 1821. The ever growing food culture of Indianapolis has much to offer.
Maybe spend the evening at the famous St. Elmos Steak House, which has been open since 1902. Are you tough enough for their signature Shrimp Cocktail, named as the worlds spiciest food?
However hot it is, it won't be as hot as the action we expect on track, starting with a reverse grid into the night.

We expect clear skies for the entire race.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
This is the starting grid for R3
And the way it has been works out is as followed.
1. Reverse grid of everyone who finished both races
2. Reverse of everyone finished 1 race
3. Everyone else

If you DNF/DSQ/DNS in one race, you're in 2.
I will dig out the starts procedure used for Ginetta reverse grid and post it up but it’s quite simple and most of you have already done this before so shouldn’t be a problem.
846C9048-348A-4590-8072-C97A30DBC5EB.png

Last edited:
  • Surprised
Reactions: DeuxMilles

Pretender

AOR iRacing GTE S8 AM Champion
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2017
Reverse startingorder:

To get into the right position for race is quite simple. When the lights go out, everyone starts to drive at a speed of around 10mph (16kph) and stay as far to the edge of the track as they can. This will give room in the middle of the track for cars to pass. Everyone start to look after the car they are supposed to behind and fall inline behind that car. We have tried this before and evryone should be in the correct place before sector 1 is completed on the formation lap. Once everyone are in place, we will continue with the normal formation lap (55mph, warming tyres and brakes up to formation point). It is easy to see on the mini-map when evryone looks to be in place.

Example:
I'm supposed to start in 2nd position but the game makes me start from 13th. I will then go in the middle of the track in around 20mph to get up to the front. Once I get up to the front, I lower my speed, go to one side off the track and look to see if I need to let someone by. Once everything looks to be ok on the mini-map, I hope that the pole sitter goes up to ordinary formation lap speed.
I believe this is what your after @NICK-NITRO ?

Barker95

AOR PS4 GT3 Semi-Pro S7 Champion
May 26, 2015
Would it be best for everyone to be in game chat and have a mic plugged in just for the start and somebody can call what position everyone should be in? Just to make sure everyone is where they should be. The instructions are simple but when it comes to race night people may forget like me ?

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Would it be best for everyone to be in game chat and have a mic plugged in just for the start and somebody can call what position everyone should be in? Just to make sure everyone is where they should be.
Was going to post about this, we need to keep the chat on till we are all in position then mute your mic, if everyone reads the rules about the start that @Pretender kindly posted we should be trouble free.

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

did a few laps this week.

The Merc doesn't feel stable here, easy to spin out at corner exits. So it's all about to avoid this. If the lap is clean, it feels fast. 1:24.5 in TT mode with default stable setup, 1:25.5 with race fuel on board.

cheers,
D.

Reactions: NICK-NITRO

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Hi,

The Merc doesn't feel stable here, easy to spin out at corner exits. So it's all about to avoid this. If the lap is clean, it feels fast. 1:24.5 in TT mode with default stable setup, 1:25.5 with race fuel on board.

cheers,
D.
will be interesting to see that strategies people use at the round, my r8 holds 120ltr of fuel and I think that equates to 64laps so I might brim the tank and just put a splash of fuel in when I pit depending on my speed with a full tank when i get on later.

Last edited:

Prehn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
will be interesting to see that strategies people use at the round, my r8 holds 120ltr of fuel and I think that equates to 64laps so I might brim the tank and just put a splash of fuel in when I pit depending on my speed with a full tank when i get on later.
How much fuel are you expecting to use?

tomaprice

Pro Karter
May 22, 2018
Hi,

cheers,
D.
I think it's a track for the Lambo

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
This race is gonna get really interesting. The Merc is pretty on edge and unstable through the tight section and especially on braking corner entry, the back end is very happy. I think set up work is needed to get the most out of it or you’ll be bleeding time in the low speed sections. I think the Audi will be a monster in the tight sections but a roadblock on the straights. The Lambo will probably be able to “attack” the most in the kerbs and corners and it has good top end. The Porsche is probably the best balanced between slow and high speed corners.

Then of course fuel, changing tyres, softs or hards, etc. It’s a long race and I fear people are going to try and “battle it out” on track rather than keep a cool head to fight at the end of the race where it could end up being a really close finish. Add the occasional spin and run off into the gravel and this race can potentially be the most exciting of the season.

Oh yea its at night too, soooo tyre choice could have an impact. Low fuel and soft tyres could maybe be an advantage or it could backfire royally!

Pretender

AOR iRacing GTE S8 AM Champion
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2017
Very nice ? what did you use to make it
used inkscape mainly, probably not the best thing to use but i had it installed and had never really used it before so thought i might aswell give it a go. Was looking at using screenshots of the cars from ps4 then trying to cut round them but luckily someone has already done it and put them on the PC2 forum?

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
used inkscape mainly, probably not the best thing to use but i had it installed and had never really used it before so thought i might aswell give it a go. Was looking at using screenshots of the cars from ps4 then trying to cut round them but luckily someone has already done it and put them on the PC2 forum?
well you get to do it again for Catalunya

• Agree
Reactions: Pretender