PS4 - AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 2 - ROUND 6 - Brno GP - 25.07.18 @8PM UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 2 - ROUND 6 - Brno GP - 25.07.18 @8PM UK time

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Another fantastic race.
When i came here it was to have fair and competitive races. The racing level there is here is just great. Thank you for that.
@boofon had a very consistent pace and it was a battle of tenth, i stayed focus all the race, and i did zero mistake and that's why i finished first, but to be honest i finished the race exhausted.
Tier 2 is full of very experienced drivers and 70% of use have raced together over many seasons so have got a lot of respect for each other on and off the track, also helps that you new guys are great racers and it make it enjoyable on track.

Chocolata4Life

2 times PS4 PCars Champion
Feb 3, 2018
Not a lonenly race, which is nice!

Qualifying.. I was busy for few minutes, but I was able to do a very slow out lap, and then a timed lap with ice cold hard tyres.

I started the race from the back of the field. The start was fun, many cars around. I spent most of the race behind or in front of @DeuxMilles it was great fun! 10 laps to go, Nick was few seconds ahead of me! I tried to catch him, but I could not drive well. Just a couple of laps to go, I went yolo into some braking zones, and I was able to go faster!

I think the car got more understeery every lap, it was not nice! Very difficult to turn into corners!

It was a fun race, I'm sure it would be horrible to drive around this track alone without other cars around! Thanks everyone for the race, also congrats to @tomaprice!

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

very fun race, great battles. I really enjoy this season.

Q:10 could do my very best lap this week with a 2:00.520 - feels fast, but it isn't.

R:8 had an absolute stable setup so could do a race with no errors. But is's slow, very slow. So happy with the race and the battles, but very disappointed about the result. And I can't blame the Merc, just look at the performance of @tomaprice

cheers,
D.

Reactions: Chocolata4Life

Pretender

AOR iRacing GTE S8 AM Champion
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2017
Another glorious tier 2 race ;)

Q5, decent lap but could of done better as did a faster lap after but lost loads of time in final sector.

R9, shocking start, cold everything and car felt terrible following other cars. Pitted early to try and get clean air, worked until i had other cars in front and back to no grip.

Congratulations to podium guys and @tomaprice for another win
Bring on 52 laps of Catalunya :cool:

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014

The short clip is the only thing I liked last night.
Gutted with the really poor pace I had and a bit confused how I can be nearly 2 seconds down on my quali pace alone , the race just felt something else,
I couldn't look after the tyres like the practice race the day before and now and again I would oversteer.

To top it off I pitted early to attempt undercuts and made a mistake in pit entry and got a 10 second penalty.

Fought hard to get to 6th at one point but oversteer kicked in again and hit the barrier with 20 damage so thought it's best to retire as was feeling deflated.

Totally baffled why I can't replicate the practice with full lobbies into a good drive on race night.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017

The short clip is the only thing I liked last night.
Gutted with the really poor pace I had and a bit confused how I can be nearly 2 seconds down on my quali pace alone , the race just felt something else,
I couldn't look after the tyres like the practice race the day before and now and again I would oversteer.

To top it off I pitted early to attempt undercuts and made a mistake in pit entry and got a 10 second penalty.

Fought hard to get to 6th at one point but oversteer kicked in again and hit the barrier with 20 damage so thought it's best to retire as was feeling deflated.

Totally baffled why I can't replicate the practice with full lobbies into a good drive on race night.
Yeah I saw you loose it after I let you pass, bad luck mate and it was a strange night with the grip coming and going for a few of us it shouldn’t keep coming and going like it does sometimes it should gradually drop of or get better depending on weather.

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

sorry @Chocolata4Life for this incident. I should had to leave more space. It's difficult to "see" because you don't see anything of the opponent in such situations. The hard move to the left after the initial contact wasn't made by me, the car just steps out, I had to fight hard to keep it on the straight.

Anyway, great battles beside this one, thanks!

D.

Chocolata4Life

2 times PS4 PCars Champion
Feb 3, 2018
Hi,

sorry @Chocolata4Life for this incident. I should had to leave more space. It's difficult to "see" because you don't see anything of the opponent in such situations. The hard move to the left after the initial contact wasn't made by me, the car just steps out, I had to fight hard to keep it on the straight.

Anyway, great battles beside this one, thanks!

D.
I could have avoided it, but I just didn't look where I was going. Sorry about that!

Reactions: DeuxMilles

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
Q3
P3

Was relatively happy with quali, was a massive mistake at T1 which handed P3 to @Prehn for him to lose it on lap 5 which resulted in me getting front end damage, not race ending so its was ok. Had a pretty lonely race, @tomaprice @boofon extended their lead by 10seconds and I just couldn't catch them. Lap 26 and was still in P3 with @MrKaczalski catching me fast, I was unaware that he had to pit again but I couldn't defend so he nicked P3 but then pitted on lap 28. Lap 29 was catching @boofon rapidly and I was 100% convinced I was going to snatch P2 on the last due to his front end and suspension damage but I had a "moment" and spun losing my chance of a P2 finish

My PoV below, go to lap 29 and listen to me rein act Lewis Hamiltons engineer moment as I spin off letting boof go....unintentional too may I add! lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Pretender