PS4 - AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 2 - Sonoma Raceway GP - 20.06.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 2 - Sonoma Raceway GP - 20.06.18 @8pm UK time

Marcos Moutinho

GP2 Test Driver
Dec 8, 2014
I will be attending later so you don't have to host unless you really want to give it ago. I'm going to see how I feel during quail and then make a decision if to race or sit in the pits and watch. Haven't been on pc2 since Friday so will probably just tootle round at the back and pull over every once in a while to throw up??
?Sorry m8 get weel soon

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
For the rolling start...pole sitter is on the left and the first (1) turn to the left is counted as the first corner.

Some guys where thinking that corner #2 was the first corner. Then pole sitter should be on the right :)
But it is left.

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
So I have no idea where I’m at pace wise compared to you guys. This will be only my 4th online race with others on this game(other 3 being the eval races). Just hoping to keep it clean, tidy and make it to the end in one piece. I’m using this race as a gauge to see what I need to work on for the rest of the season. Hopefully I’m not “that guy” on track today but it looks like @NICK-NITRO might take that honor ?

Reactions: NICK-NITRO

Barker95

AOR PS4 GT3 Semi-Pro S7 Champion
May 26, 2015
I have had a good start to this season. Had to pit for damage but my pit crew were just standing next to my car and doing nothing so had to retire it as i couldn’t move

FN-LEW187

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Apr 24, 2018
Is that actually possible? I thought you would lose performance if the engine overheats even if failures on turned off?
Think it depends on a lot of things. I haven’t had any problems with 0% yet (obviously with mechanical failures off) might be down to temperatures, driving style etc. I know we were running with heavy cloud today so maybe it wasn’t hot enough for the engine to overheat

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Well after a fantastic pole time which I was well happy about I gambled on race strategy and lost.
I just could not get those hard tyres to work and car was not drivable so I retired, didn't want to spin and wreck anyone's race.

@NICK-NITRO im on holiday at Cornwall next week so will miss next race.

• Agree

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
Well after a fantastic pole time which I was well happy about I gambled on race strategy and lost.
I just could not get those hard tyres to work and car was not drivable so I retired, didn't want to spin and wreck anyone's race.

Exactly my feeling at the beginning. Should have done softs.

Prehn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

I went for softs. I just can't drive on those hards..

FN-LEW187

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Apr 24, 2018
Race ruined as my PlayStation decided to overheat and a tantrum so I couldn’t take part. My PS4 keeps doing this and I’m seriously considering getting a pc n moving to rfactor 2. Was setting 30.4’s and set a 29.9 in TT so would be interested to see what where i might have qualified

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017

Ok mate have a nice time ?

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

That was intense.. Sadly I got a stupid penalty when my pit limiter didn't go on. Cost me 2nd.
I saw the penalty on the board and fighted hard the last few laps to reach that 10-sec-window ?

Anyway, great race. Someone hit my rear end at the last turn of lap 1 so I had little damage. This and the fact that I was constantly in infights the first laps led to the decision to pit early. That was the winning move, the next 20 laps I had absolute no traffic and could make fast laps. No problems with backmarkers, just a spin by own fault, but without damage. P3 at the end, due to the penalty for Pren it was P2 for me. Great start into the season ?

D.

Reactions: Chocolata4Life

Chocolata4Life

2 times PS4 PCars Champion
Feb 3, 2018
Ooh, I hate this track, the GT-R is just horrible on this track. I have tried the soft tyres and the hard tyres, they are both very icey, the car slides all over the place!

Qualifying.. The first half was a mess, towards the end I had time for two laps with the soft tyres, I messed up both laps in the final sector, but it was good enough for p2.

I used the hard tyres in the race. At the start I had no idea what to do... I had the to be next to the P1, right? I could not see the car that was next to me, so it was a bit awkward, then I lost a position when the race started. The first few laps were super slippery, but it got better after some laps.

Got up to P2 at some point.. then I was catching the leader slowly, my pace was really bad at that point in the race, and my lap times were all over place. I got within 1 second at some point, but I couldn't really get enough close to overtake, but I had more pace! After many laps, I made an error, and lost about 7 seconds, which gave me fresh air, and I was able to drive a bit quicker, it was nice. The leader pitted after my off-road situation, then I had no one blocking the way, and I was able to drive a bit faster. Lap times were really bad, I couldn't drive under 29s, or even 29s. I guess other had problems also...

I pitted near the end, and I came out in P1. Then nothing interesting happened.

Thanks everyone for the race!

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
If I havent have been so sick and had done some practice I might have been competitive but I will take p11? hopefully I'm better for the go kart track for R2

tomaprice

Pro Karter
May 22, 2018
Q7
R4

not too bad a race to be honest, a couple of silly mistakes but overall happy with the result. Well done to the guys on the podium and win. My PoV below of some amazing battles with @MrKaczalski right until the finish line and of @NICK-NITRO getting a TKO

Thank you for the replay, it is now more clear.
I had a blue flag when i was behind Pretender_3, once i overtaked him, i was a bit quicker than you, that's why there was no blue flag for me, in addition i didn't see flashing light, that's why i didn't move. So when you said i ruined your race, it's exagerated and wrong. My race was a nightmare and i blamed nobody for this except me.
At the end I don't know why but Nick nitro crossed the track at very low speed, i guess he had a problem with his car because cleary it's not the coventional trajectory to enter into the pit lane, we can see his car going from the right to the left and i don't blame it for that.

Reactions: VSR Davidben

Pretender

AOR iRacing GTE S8 AM Champion
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2017
Q6
R7

Qualified about where I thought I would be with a decent lap. Kept it clean first couple of laps of race with a few people losing it probably due to cold tyres, managed to get up to 5th fighting with @AOR Davidben and @MrKaczalski . Once davidben pitted I pushed for the next 8 laps or so to try and jump him in pitstop or at least get closer, at this point my race went down hill with me spinning in turn 7 and getting damage from the wall. Pitted at the end of the lap only to have no damage fixed during the pitstop so had to put again the following lap dropping me all the way to 8th.

Great racing by all, shame we didn't have a broadcaster as after watching tier 1 broadcast I thought our tier was spot cleaner racing and great sportsmanship ?

Onwards to the wet go kart track ?