PS4 - AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 2 - Sonoma Raceway GP - 20.06.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 2 - Sonoma Raceway GP - 20.06.18 @8pm UK time

MrKaczalski

PS4 S1 Touring Cars Pro Champion
Apr 12, 2018
If anyone can upload the last lap from my point of view that would be very nice. Does anyone know why I cannot save replays over 1gb I have the room on my hard drive. Just won't let me

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
If anyone can upload the last lap from my point of view that would be very nice. Does anyone know why I cannot save replays over 1gb I have the room on my hard drive. Just won't let me
I have the same problem. I'd love to see that last lap

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Q6
R7

Qualified about where I thought I would be with a decent lap. Kept it clean first couple of laps of race with a few people losing it probably due to cold tyres, managed to get up to 5th fighting with @AOR Davidben and @MrKaczalski . Once davidben pitted I pushed for the next 8 laps or so to try and jump him in pitstop or at least get closer, at this point my race went down hill with me spinning in turn 7 and getting damage from the wall. Pitted at the end of the lap only to have no damage fixed during the pitstop so had to put again the following lap dropping me all the way to 8th.

Great racing by all, shame we didn't have a broadcaster as after watching tier 1 broadcast I thought our tier was spot cleaner racing and great sportsmanship ?

Onwards to the wet go kart track ?
Yeah I watched tier 1 broadcast and it was full of crashes.

gutted I could not keep it together in this race as my pole time would have got me 3rd in elite league.

• Agree
Reactions: Pretender

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
How come you rietired the car?
it seemed every time I turned, I over steered and was close to spinning and did not have the option on my pit strategy to go on softs, even after a few laps the hard tyres would just not settle.
at one point I was spinning and crashing into tyre barriers with cars right behind me so its best to come off as I was a danger with no control of the car.

very strange as during all the practice runs , the car felt ok on race trim but come race night, it felt completely different.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
it seemed every time I turned, I over steered and was close to spinning and did not have the option on my pit strategy to go on softs, even after a few laps the hard tyres would just not settle.
at one point I was spinning and crashing into tyre barriers with cars right behind me so its best to come off as I was a danger with no control of the car.

very strange as during all the practice runs , the car felt ok on race trim but come race night, it felt completely different.
It’s frustrsinting when that happens mate, I had the same at Fuji last season, quail it was planted but when the race started it was undriveable. It’s soul destroying when you do all the practice for nothin.

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
Q-10th
R-8th

Just like my teammate has said @Big-Kid-Daddy at the start I had no grip and was fighting the car just to keep it on track. I was no match for those behind me and they quickly left me. By lap 5 I was half a lap down to the leaders that’s how bad those hard tyres were. Just could not switch them on, not to say my brake temps were ice cold too. Pitted shortly after to softs(thank god I could make it work while driving). The car immediately felt better and I gained a lot of confidence. By then I was a lap down and had the top 3/4 in front of me and was kind of keeping pace with them, obviously losing time but not oceans of time so that was comforting.

With 10 laps to go I was in 7th right in front of @Pretender and I spun at the double right apex corner before the Esse’s And got right front suspension damage and from then my wheel was at 45 degrees to the right to go straight so that was interesting to drive. I didn’t want to pit and lose 8th to guys behind so I stayed out. Probably could have pitted after seeing some spins but it was 50/50.

Didn’t have a good race to be honest and I felt off pace in qualy and first stint but it’s all through my own fault in choosing the wrong tyres and not spending more time on tyre pressures and brake pressures. The next few tracks suit my driving style a lot more so I’m looking forward to those tracks.

I also agree that our lobby had fewer collisions and an overall better show. Wish we had commentators...see ya guys in New Zealand!

Prehn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

You can adjust your strategy and select softs from the pop up menu.

Reactions: NICK-NITRO

Pretender

AOR iRacing GTE S8 AM Champion
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2017

I had this same issue first round last season at COTA, during testing the softs were ending up too hot and going off where as the hards worked fine after a few laps warming them up. Come race I just couldn't get the hards to warm up and was losing it all the time leading me to think I should of ran the softs. Luckily I learnt from that for this race at Sonoma, it's a shame as you could of definitely been up there fighting for podium after seeing your qualifying and practice race on Tuesday ( i think you raced in this ?).

Best to just take it as a lesson learnt and move on to Rapuna as that's gonna be a whole different story with the weather changing ?

Pretender

AOR iRacing GTE S8 AM Champion
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2017
Yeah I watched tier 1 broadcast and it was full of crashes.

gutted I could not keep it together in this race as my pole time would have got me 3rd in elite league.
Ye don't think that broadcast did AOR justice with the racing going on in it, hopefully it can only improve. I watched the broadcast after our race finished and I don't think having 3 commentators worked to be honest, they were just talking over each other all the time. Obviously in no way biased since I think one of them should be commentating on our tier ?

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Ye don't think that broadcast did AOR justice with the racing going on in it, hopefully it can only improve. I watched the broadcast after our race finished and I don't think having 3 commentators worked to be honest, they were just talking over each other all the time. Obviously in no way biased since I think one of them should be commentating on our tier ?
I agree mate they don’t need 3 guys maybe @King-kodiak could look into it and push 1 are way, we would still need another guy to do the cameras.

King-kodiak

AOR Head Commentator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016
I agree mate they don’t need 3 guys maybe @King-kodiak could look into it and push 1 are way, we would still need another guy to do the cameras.
I shall review the race, and give feedback to the commentators. I'd rather not fire someone after just 1 race, but we can't have a mess in the comm box either.